Dolphin's win total set at 7 1/2 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin's win total set at 7 1/2

The thing is nothing is set in stone in the NFL. The schedule looks tough based off of how teas performed last year but there is no guarantee that they will preform the same this year. That includes Miami and New England (even if though the odds say otherwise with the Pats).

7.5. I got 10 grand to throw at that. We win 9 easily. We actually have a real coaching staff and better roster. no brainer.

You are correct.

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Then how did Jay Ajayi win team MVP?

Surprise surprise. Shows up to comment only after the opportunity to bash Tannehill arises.....

didn't they said the same last year ?

They had the Dolphins at 7 wins heading into last year, and we all saw how that ended :idk:

Vegas is putting the opening line for Miami's 2017 win total at 7.5. That's the second best in the division, behind the Patriots at 11 wins of course, but 8th lowest in the league. Dolphins have a good roster, but tough schedule. What are your thoughts.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...guars-liked-bettor-go-initial-2017-win-totals

Until Tannehill makes a big improvement I think the forecast is fair. This year we will be playing the best division on the AFC and the best on the NFC. Baltimore, Denver, Kansas City, Carolina, Atlanta, Raiders, Pats twice, and teams with young good QBs like Tennessee and Tampa Bay. We have the coach that can match with almost anyone, but we will need our Defense, our OL and the QB to make big strides to have a chance.

I still have a lot of question marks about this team.

Are we going to be able to stop the run? You would like to think that with the additions of McMillan, Timmons, and Hayes, along with two more big bodied DTs to rotate in, there is some optimism that we will at least be better against the run.

But what about our pass defense? We are going to be in a real bind at safety before McDonald comes off of suspension, as I do not feel like Nate Allen is the kind of guy you want as plan A starting at safety.

What about or TE situation? Julius Thomas is a great TE when healthy, but he is frequently unhealthy. MarQueis Gray showed that he can be a serviceable NFL tight end at times, but can he do it consistently? Will Fasano's age start catching up to him?

And how about our OL? I'm sorry, but am I the only one who is still gravely concerned about this unit? James is a solid RT when healthy outside of a rough patch to start last season, and Tunsil should be great, but how about that interior?

What if Asiata is a bust? What if Pouncey's hip doesn't heal well? What if Larsen's decent 2016 season was a fluke?

What if our quarterback's knee injury hampers him?

So yeah, I got real concerns about this team. But 4 wins? Come on, Dude!

Miami was 1-5 vs. teams that were .500 or better, and that one victory came back and split our head to the White meat in the playoffs.

Miami was 9-1 vs. teams that were .500 or less, and that one loss was us getting out played badly by the Bengals.

All that to say, are the Dolphins a team that beats the teams they are supposed to beat and folds against competition. We have 9 games against teams above .500 this season, and even our "gimme" games (Chargers, Saints, Bills, Panthers) aren't sure things depending on how much that team improved.

Every team has question marks. All we can hope for is that our coaching staff maximizes the potential of our roster like they did last year.

Back
Top Bottom