"Dolphins woes" on NFL Total Access | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins woes" on NFL Total Access

Spicy Henne

Active Roster
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread about this, so sorry if it's been posted, but tonight on NFL Total Access, they had a segment on the Dolphins troubles this year.

There was discussion about the offensive line and it's problems, and there was talk of Daunte holding the ball too long, but most importantly was the point made about Daunte's injury, and all the change that has taken place offensively in the offseason.

I wish more Dolphin fans would look at our situation with the kind of sensibilty Rod Woodson showed in his assessment of the year up to this point. Things are not good, but he stressed that Daunte's injury has forced him to be something he is not...a pocket passer. (behind a troubled line)

This thing is going to take time, and there are going to be more growing pains before we see the kind of play we expected before the season began. If we bench Daunte in favour of Harrington, his confidence will be shot, and in the long run this team will have no leader and no direction. I agree with Woodson when he said Daunte's injury takes 2 years. As the season progresses, he will continue to get more comfortable, and gain enough confidence to play the way he did pre-injury. Maybe it's the second half of the year, maybe it's next season...but Daunte is the future of this football team, and I have no doubt he will be great again.

It seems like Woodson has always taken a liking to the Fins.

No No No we will have a leader JOEY! instead of um um duh i uh got play better and uh um the team has um to get better

I just hope that he and the whole team get things turned around. I can't stand to see my Dolphins look as bad as they do now.

ghost of marino said:
I didn't see a thread about this, so sorry if it's been posted, but tonight on NFL Total Access, they had a segment on the Dolphins troubles this year.

There was discussion about the offensive line and it's problems, and there was talk of Daunte holding the ball too long, but most importantly was the point made about Daunte's injury, and all the change that has taken place offensively in the offseason.

I wish more Dolphin fans would look at our situation with the kind of sensibilty Rod Woodson showed in his assessment of the year up to this point. Things are not good, but he stressed that Daunte's injury has forced him to be something he is not...a pocket passer. (behind a troubled line)

This thing is going to take time, and there are going to be more growing pains before we see the kind of play we expected before the season began. If we bench Daunte in favour of Harrington, his confidence will be shot, and in the long run this team will have no leader and no direction. I agree with Woodson when he said Daunte's injury takes 2 years. As the season progresses, he will continue to get more comfortable, and gain enough confidence to play the way he did pre-injury. Maybe it's the second half of the year, maybe it's next season...but Daunte is the future of this football team, and I have no doubt he will be great again.

That's exactly why he should be reading the clipboard and helping Harrington win games for us.

ghost of marino said:

oh great we can go 1-15 while his freakin knee heals. great!

HelloMotto said:
oh great we can go 1-15 while his freakin knee heals. great!

No you're right. Joey harrington decided he's going to be a franchise quarterback all of a sudden. Screw Daunte

This kind of short-sighted thinking is the problem with all the negative fans on this message board

ghost of marino said:
Things are not good, but he stressed that Daunte's injury has forced him to be something he is not...a pocket passer. (behind a troubled line)

The days of him being anything but a pocket QB are over. Can you name another scrambling QB that ever regained his previous form at the age of 29 after suffering a severe knee injury like him? Short answer no and that's why it would be suicidal for this franchise to place all its chips on Daunte becoming a pocket QB. He's never evidenced the slightest talent to be that. We need to hedge our bets and if Saban doesnt believe Harrington is a default option then we'll have to make a run at Jake Plummer or Brian Brohm next year. We're stuck with an overpaid stiff who is going to go through rookie growing pains at the age of 29

Alright lets do it, put in Harrington. Thats it all problems solved....... When Harrington goes in and doesnt do anything more than culpepper, are you all gonna be calling for lemon? are you gonna want gus back? Some fans are never frickin happy. Oh and no i cant name another quarterback at age 29 that blew out his knee and came back cuz i cant think of any mobile quarterbacks at age 29 that ever even blew out his knee in the first place... so thats why that statement is useless.

ghost of marino said:
No you're right. Joey harrington decided he's going to be a franchise quarterback all of a sudden. Screw Daunte

This kind of short-sighted thinking is the problem with all the negative fans on this message board
Well we may be short sighted but at least we aint blind,you can open your eyes now and see that Culpecker never has never was and never will be the answer

ManBearPig said:
Alright lets do it, put in Harrington. Thats it all problems solved....... When Harrington goes in and doesnt do anything more than culpepper, are you all gonna be calling for lemon? are you gonna want gus back? Some fans are never frickin happy. Oh and no i cant name another quarterback at age 29 that blew out his knee and came back cuz i cant think of any mobile quarterbacks at age 29 that ever even blew out his knee in the first place... so thats why that statement is useless.

Lets take your scenario that Joey comes in and we lose what 10 of 12? OK now we're 3-13 and we draft Brian Brohm. We still win. It'll make up for not drafting Cutler. Now think about this what if Harrington actually plays up to his draft status. Well we just got ourselves a bargain.

considering daunte has had 4000 yards in a season and 30 tds in a career i am pretty sure he has proven himself

i maybe wrong

but boy did harrington ever prove himself more picks than tds, yup this guy is definitly the answer

Back
Top Bottom