"Dolphins woes" on NFL Total Access | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins woes" on NFL Total Access

So if Daunte is going to take at least a year to come back from his injury and during that time (with the o-line woes) he has a good chance of re-injury shouldn't we be letting him rest up? Say that is the case, he isn't really ready. It seems stupid to me that we would acknowledge that, then acknowledge that we aren't going to do well while he is recuperating from this injury and not put someone else in his place until he is ready. I don't think Joey would be any better right now but do you supporters of Culpepper (and I'm one) really want the future of the franchise to be re-injured if indeed you really think he is the future? It doesn't make sense. If he's not ready, he needs to ride the pine until he is. That way, at least he will be healthy. With this offensive line performing as it is, he will be in the hospital before too long.

ghost of marino said:
I didn't see a thread about this, so sorry if it's been posted, but tonight on NFL Total Access, they had a segment on the Dolphins troubles this year.

There was discussion about the offensive line and it's problems, and there was talk of Daunte holding the ball too long, but most importantly was the point made about Daunte's injury, and all the change that has taken place offensively in the offseason.

I wish more Dolphin fans would look at our situation with the kind of sensibilty Rod Woodson showed in his assessment of the year up to this point. Things are not good, but he stressed that Daunte's injury has forced him to be something he is not...a pocket passer. (behind a troubled line)

This thing is going to take time, and there are going to be more growing pains before we see the kind of play we expected before the season began. If we bench Daunte in favour of Harrington, his confidence will be shot, and in the long run this team will have no leader and no direction. I agree with Woodson when he said Daunte's injury takes 2 years. As the season progresses, he will continue to get more comfortable, and gain enough confidence to play the way he did pre-injury. Maybe it's the second half of the year, maybe it's next season...but Daunte is the future of this football team, and I have no doubt he will be great again.

I agree w/alot of what Rod had to say except for the benching part. If Daunte is injured he shouldn't consider being benched as something negative. If he's not the player he used to be because of the injury, Joey should start until he is healed. The last thing anybody wants is Daunte to get worse especially with the amount of money that has been invested in him.

As the third overall pick in the 2002 NFL Draft, Harrington replaced former starting quarterback Mike McMahon. Harrington finished his rookie season with a 59.9 quarterback rating and a 50.1 completion percentage with 12 touchdowns and 16 interceptions, and the Lions finished the season with a 3-13 record.
Harrington's statistics in the NFL have been sub-par; he ranked 30th out of 32 quarterbacks in quarterback rating in 2003, 22nd out of 33 in 2004, and 27th out of 34 qualifiers in 2005.

http://www.answers.com/topic/joey-harrington

yup....Joey is definitely the answer. Oh...and the post that said he has never done as bad as 1-4? ummm...how does 3-13 grab ya?
He has always been in the bottom third of the league and a lot of you armchair coaches think he is the answer? Give your heads a collective shake!

Either we REBUILD this year with Cpep and problems on the Oline and and in the secondary; and plan for next year and on. Or we put Joey in and maybe have a chance at winning.

We can win and rebuild. We have two experienced QBs. One is injured and playing poorly as a result. The other is healthy - He can buy time for Saban's future QB (Cpep).

Either way the QB that stays has to overcome problems in the past. He will have to be able to read defenses, scramble, be a pocket QB, and thoroughly know the small things it takes to be a good QB (timing, offensive options (so he can audibolize), have the feel in the pocket, etc)

hey flip you must of flipped your lid thinking joey harrington is better than culpepper, people need to kill this , JOEY is not better than Culpepper period.

Back
Top Bottom