"Dolphins woes" on NFL Total Access | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins woes" on NFL Total Access

brandon1986 said:
considering daunte has had 4000 yards in a season and 30 tds in a career i am pretty sure he has proven himself

i maybe wrong

but boy did harrington ever prove himself more picks than tds, yup this guy is definitly the answer

A 1-3 record says I don't give two ****s what Daunte did two or three seasons ago. And the post about not benching him because it would hurt his confidence, personally I place seeing the Dolphins win way above Daunte Culpepper's feelings.

muscle979 said:
A 1-3 record says I don't give two ****s what Daunte did two or three seasons ago. And the post about not benching him because it would hurt his confidence, personally I place seeing the Dolphins win way above Daunte Culpepper's feelings.

better start praying for the oline to magically get their **** together if not we wont be seeing any winning

sorry but saban said daunte is the qb you wont be seeing joey anytime soon

ghost of marino said:
No you're right. Joey harrington decided he's going to be a franchise quarterback all of a sudden. Screw Daunte

This kind of short-sighted thinking is the problem with all the negative fans on this message board

Man, I am so with you. QB details aside (I used to live in MN, so I've seen all NFC North games every year...trust me, Daunte is 10 times what Harrington could be. Live with it), you are right with the negative fans and short-sighted thinking. It's nothing personal b/c I don't know any of these people, but jeez, everyone take it easy. To those negative "fans": If things are so unbearable and it's so frustrating when we don't win every contest by a landslide, well, no one is forcing you to watch these games.

Im neither a Daunte or Joey Supporter but i am a dolphins Fan and whoever gives us the best chance to win this year throw him out there... And who is anyone to say Joey cant do it.. We havent seen him play as a DOLPHIN (only preseason)... And by the way i have a buddy of mine who is a diehard Vikes Fan and he says Daunte has ALWAYS held onto the ball TOOO long..and that he doesnt look like the same old elusive DC. He also said that in 04 or 03 the Vikes benched DC in the second half of a game to light a fire under his butt... and when he stepped in the next game he played better...Once again im not a supporter of neither QB i just want this damn football team to win whether it be DC, Joey, Cleo, whoever JUST WIN PHINS..

muscle979 said:

Benching Daunte would be a major hit to this team in the long term.

ManBearPig said:
Alright lets do it, put in Harrington. Thats it all problems solved....... When Harrington goes in and doesnt do anything more than culpepper, are you all gonna be calling for lemon? are you gonna want gus back? Some fans are never frickin happy. Oh and no i cant name another quarterback at age 29 that blew out his knee and came back cuz i cant think of any mobile quarterbacks at age 29 that ever even blew out his knee in the first place... so thats why that statement is useless.
we're 1-4.

Joey never did THAT bad even with a worse team. I'm not saying Joey's the future, but let Daunte rest instead of risking a re-injury or an aggravation of the injury and let Harrington finish out the year for us - see if its worth even keeping Harrington on the roster for that amount...

SHEDDAWG DOLFAN said:
Sensibilty and Rod Woodson dont really go together, but I do have to agree with him here.

And why not? Is there something about him that doesn't make him a sensible person? Is it how he used to play because last time I watched him he seemed pretty sensible to me.

texasPHINSfan said:
we're 1-4.

Joey never did THAT bad even with a worse team. I'm not saying Joey's the future, but let Daunte rest instead of risking a re-injury or an aggravation of the injury and let Harrington finish out the year for us - see if its worth even keeping Harrington on the roster for that amount...

we're 1-3
look at you beasting to put harrington in to the point where you're giving us an extra lost.
chill

ghost of marino said:
If we bench Daunte in favour of Harrington, his confidence will be shot, and in the long run this team will have no leader and no direction. I agree with Woodson when he said Daunte's injury takes 2 years...
Poor Daunte, his "confidence will be shot". Boo hoo. :boohoo:

Especially when Harrington throws Lights Out as he has shown flashes in his career. Yes that would create a problem for Daunte. Tough. The other options are of course Joey doing badly (can't do much worse) and the 3rd and most likely is mixed results.

Man you gotta be kidding - Fans are supposed to wait 2 freakin' years while this guy gets his knee, and his act, together? NO way. If that's the case then obviously a mistake was made, starting Daunte in the first place - and it does appear VERY possible that Saban realizes it was a mistake and trying to figure a way out. Pretty clear the "way out" is for Culpepper to fake, err... "get" a relapse or minor injury and allow Joey to have his shot. Problem solved as far as CP's fragile ego and confidence.

Joey harrington decided he's going to be a franchise quarterback all of a sudden. Screw Daunte ... This kind of short-sighted thinking is the problem with all the negative fans on this message board.
All of a sudden? Wake up - Joey Harrington was drafted higher than Coldpooper, he's been more of a so-called "franchise" quarterback really. Was it his fault the worst team in football picked him?? And if Harrington comes in, sparks the team, and we WIN - how is that negative?

The arguments from you guys sound like a bunch of grade school kids. Joey "sucks" or he's great. Daunte "sucks" or he's great. Fact is nobody really knows about Harrington since he's never gotten a chance with a real TEAM yet ... and the evidence is starting to look like 2004 was a fluke for Daunte, but the injury complicates things ... we just don't know about either QB. At this point.

Again ... NO question of "IF" Joey Harrington plays this season. He WILL play and I predict he will start at QB at some point this year. Might as well give the Pooper a needed rest, the sooner we find out what Joey can do. I say very likely JH plays on Thanksgiving for revenge on the Lions ... maybe sooner :wink:

ghost of marino said:
I didn't see a thread about this, so sorry if it's been posted, but tonight on NFL Total Access, they had a segment on the Dolphins troubles this year.

There was discussion about the offensive line and it's problems, and there was talk of Daunte holding the ball too long, but most importantly was the point made about Daunte's injury, and all the change that has taken place offensively in the offseason.

I wish more Dolphin fans would look at our situation with the kind of sensibilty Rod Woodson showed in his assessment of the year up to this point. Things are not good, but he stressed that Daunte's injury has forced him to be something he is not...a pocket passer. (behind a troubled line)

This thing is going to take time, and there are going to be more growing pains before we see the kind of play we expected before the season began. If we bench Daunte in favour of Harrington, his confidence will be shot, and in the long run this team will have no leader and no direction. I agree with Woodson when he said Daunte's injury takes 2 years. As the season progresses, he will continue to get more comfortable, and gain enough confidence to play the way he did pre-injury. Maybe it's the second half of the year, maybe it's next season...but Daunte is the future of this football team, and I have no doubt he will be great again.
I agree with you but we wont win as long as mularkey keeps callin passes and never runs the ball!!!!!!!!!

brandon1986 said:
considering daunte has had 4000 yards in a season and 30 tds in a career i am pretty sure he has proven himself

i maybe wrong

but boy did harrington ever prove himself more picks than tds, yup this guy is definitly the answer

agreed. you can't start a guy on how high he was drafted. joey has done nothing to prove himself as a great qb in the nfl period. sure he had moments, but so did kyle boller :-\

While I still believe Daunte is the future of the Fins for 4-6 years, putting Harrington in now could dramatically improve our game, and if that happened we would get far more for Joey someday when we inevitably trade him away. How do we know Joey isn't a budding Steve Young waiting to play for a good team. Problem is, he'd be playing behind the same lousy OL, so forget it.

DoggPhin said:
Poor Daunte, his "confidence will be shot". Boo hoo. :boohoo:

Especially when Harrington throws Lights Out as he has shown flashes in his career. Yes that would create a problem for Daunte. Tough. The other options are of course Joey doing badly (can't do much worse) and the 3rd and most likely is mixed results.

Man you gotta be kidding - Fans are supposed to wait 2 freakin' years while this guy gets his knee, and his act, together? NO way. If that's the case then obviously a mistake was made, starting Daunte in the first place - and it does appear VERY possible that Saban realizes it was a mistake and trying to figure a way out. Pretty clear the "way out" is for Culpepper to fake, err... "get" a relapse or minor injury and allow Joey to have his shot. Problem solved as far as CP's fragile ego and confidence.

All of a sudden? Wake up - Joey Harrington was drafted higher than Coldpooper, he's been more of a so-called "franchise" quarterback really. Was it his fault the worst team in football picked him?? And if Harrington comes in, sparks the team, and we WIN - how is that negative?

The arguments from you guys sound like a bunch of grade school kids. Joey "sucks" or he's great. Daunte "sucks" or he's great. Fact is nobody really knows about Harrington since he's never gotten a chance with a real TEAM yet ... and the evidence is starting to look like 2004 was a fluke for Daunte, but the injury complicates things ... we just don't know about either QB. At this point.

Again ... NO question of "IF" Joey Harrington plays this season. He WILL play and I predict he will start at QB at some point this year. Might as well give the Pooper a needed rest, the sooner we find out what Joey can do. I say very likely JH plays on Thanksgiving for revenge on the Lions ... maybe sooner :wink:

Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf were also drafted higher than Culpepper, so your point is garbage.
You may think that Culpepper is washed up, but at least he's shown SOMETHING during the course of his career that says he can be at least an above average starter in this league.

brandon1986 said:
better start praying for the oline to magically get their **** together if not we wont be seeing any winning

sorry but saban said daunte is the qb you wont be seeing joey anytime soon

You just don't get it. You're second statement makes that obvious, acting like my feelings are hurt because Daunte is in. I want to see Miami win, I don't care who gets it done. If there's a good chance the other guy would be better then he should play. I was dismissing Daunte's feelings or stats from two years ago as reasons for leaving him in the game. Don't bother responding to my posts anymore if you can't comprehend them any better than to just give me this, "it's the oline, Daunte's starting so you must be sad because you obviously love Joey Harrington" mess that you posted.

adamprez2003 said:
The days of him being anything but a pocket QB are over. Can you name another scrambling QB that ever regained his previous form at the age of 29 after suffering a severe knee injury like him? Short answer no and that's why it would be suicidal for this franchise to place all its chips on Daunte becoming a pocket QB. He's never evidenced the slightest talent to be that. We need to hedge our bets and if Saban doesn't believe Harrington is a default option then we'll have to make a run at Jake Plummer or Brian Brohm next year. We're stuck with an overpaid stiff who is going to go through rookie growing pains at the age of 29

how is this post gone untouched? i would guarantee that no other 29 year-old, scrambling QB has had the same kind of injury that DC had. so, by default we can't name a QB that has regained his previous form within these parameters.

there is no precedent for this. DC had a serious injury, has moved to a new team, and has a horrible offensive line. there are currently too many variables to predict anything. we have to hope that DC can get it together and that if he cant, then he will be replaced.

as if the "name another" statement didn't kill your point enough, you then suggest we bring in jake plummer. 'nough said.

Back
Top Bottom