Dolphins WR Leonte Carroo’s touchdown catch shows glimpse of potential | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins WR Leonte Carroo’s touchdown catch shows glimpse of potential

When the Patriots splurge on a player, it's usually for a defensive starter. Never with an offensive skill position guy...cuz Brady is gonna be GOATin regardless of who's out there.

It is a good problem to have. I think actually this may be, as much as I hate to say it, bad news for Landry if Caroo steps up, I could not fathom letting Landry go, it would be another stupid move in a long list of stupid things this organization has done. But if wants some ridiculous contract, I could see them letting him walk. You know what will happen - the next day he will be in a Patriots uniform.

Everyone's worst nightmare, but not if he's still demanding 16 million or whatever it is on the way out....they don't sign guys like that either.

I'm starting to think about the compensation they'll get for losing Landry. Love him but if he wants top dollar then they need to move on from him.

i'm in the same boat. he and Wake are my two favorite players on the roster, but it seems to be becoming more a reality he will not be in a Dolphins uniform next season. Tannehill's injury and dropping $10m on Cutler hit us hard in the roll over cap for next year and demands we have been hearing of $15m a season seem to kill it. i really think we tag him and try to trade him for a 1st rounder.

It is a good problem to have. I think actually this may be, as much as I hate to say it, bad news for Landry if Caroo steps up, I could not fathom letting Landry go, it would be another stupid move in a long list of stupid things this organization has done. But if wants some ridiculous contract, I could see them letting him walk. You know what will happen - the next day he will be in a Patriots uniform.

"Stupid" would also be paying him north of $12 million a year for a slot receiver that is not a TD producer. You have to weigh these things.

i'm in the same boat. he and Wake are my two favorite players on the roster, but it seems to be becoming more a reality he will not be in a Dolphins uniform next season. Tannehill's injury and dropping $10m on Cutler hit us hard in the roll over cap for next year and demands we have been hearing of $15m a season seem to kill it. i really think we tag him and try to trade him for a 1st rounder.

1. You cannot trade a tagged player UNLESS he has signed his tender.
2. No team is going to pay him 8 figures and give up a first rounder as well.

1. You cannot trade a tagged player UNLESS he has signed his tender.
2. No team is going to pay him 8 figures and give up a first rounder as well.

its rare but it happens. Matt Cassell, Joey Galloway, Jared Allen. Landry is a well respected player in the NFL, it could easily happen.

I would say Landry is the odd man out, Parker is gonna be special

So if Parker played for say the Ravens and had played like he did year one and two and then had a decent but not great year three would you be against the Dolphins pursuing him in Free Agency? Regardless of the year Parker has you make him the appropriate offer based on what you think he's worth and will be worth during the length of the new contract.

So if Parker played for say the Ravens and had played like he did year one and two and then had a decent but not great year three would you be against the Dolphins pursuing him in Free Agency? Regardless of the year Parker has you make him the appropriate offer based on what you think he's worth and will be worth during the length of the new contract.
Mine is more so a projection of the year I think he will have. If he doesn't blow up sure let's pay landry

Slow down...he's been labeled a bust by most of this board during his rookie year....just as we shouldn't have jump to conclusions then....we shouldn't after one good catch.

Can't we just trade Stills for Sammy Watkins? Darn it we missed the boat. Watkins, Parker and Landry would have been my dream receiving corp.

The kid was a damn good WR at Rutgers, so I was really surprised by last year. Really hope it was just him getting adjusted to the NFL.

The kid was a damn good WR at Rutgers, so I was really surprised by last year. Really hope it was just him getting adjusted to the NFL.

I am going to thank Kenny Stills for Carroo's improvement. Carroo said that Still's really took him under his wing this off-season and taught him how to be a pro. Not taking anything away from the hard work Carroo has put in, but Still's has helped him lose weight by introducing him to Pilates and helping him eat right, etc. Still's has been a great mentor and is a huge asset in the WR room. I am not sure what happened in New Orleans with Brees, etc., but I am sure glad he is on our team now. He's making a difference and should be really proud of himself!

Back
Top Bottom