Dolphins WR Leonte Carroo’s touchdown catch shows glimpse of potential | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins WR Leonte Carroo’s touchdown catch shows glimpse of potential

I am going to thank Kenny Stills for Carroo's improvement. Carroo said that Still's really took him under his wing this off-season and taught him how to be a pro. Not taking anything away from the hard work Carroo has put in, but Still's has helped him lose weight by introducing him to Pilates and helping him eat right, etc. Still's has been a great mentor and is a huge asset in the WR room. I am not sure what happened in New Orleans with Brees, etc., but I am sure glad he is on our team now. He's making a difference and should be really proud of himself!

Ya what Kenny has done for the Dolphins as an organization truly shows this is where he wants to be. As I said many times before, I got/get autographs for years to sell. Kenny truly seems like he has bought into everything that Miami and the Dolphins have to offer. Seeing Kenny as a Saint, really opened my eyes to how much he disliked something about that team. He treats the Dolphin fanbase like gold which I think is great because meeting a football player from your favorite team can obviously make many fans day. I share your praise when speaking so highly of him. 3-4 years ago he was a guy I literally got into an argument with while he was at the team hotel in Tampa (Marriott Waterside) and today he seems like the happiest and one of the hardest workers on the team. Stills has been training to be a football player his whole life as I'm sure his Dad pushed him a little harder like many pro athletes parents do. He knows the receiver position extremely well and is apparently showing the young guys how it's done. That's a lot of responsibility for a young 25 year old and I couldn't be prouder to have him on our squad. Like this story shows, some guys just need a 2nd chance to succeed. Thanks a ton Kenny!! PHINS UP!!!

Ya what Kenny has done for the Dolphins as an organization truly shows this is where he wants to be. As I said many times before, I got/get autographs for years to sell. Kenny truly seems like he has bought into everything that Miami and the Dolphins have to offer. Seeing Kenny as a Saint, really opened my eyes to how much he disliked something about that team. He treats the Dolphin fanbase like gold which I think is great because meeting a football player from your favorite team can obviously make many fans day. I share your praise when speaking so highly of him. 3-4 years ago he was a guy I literally got into an argument with while he was at the team hotel in Tampa (Marriott Waterside) and today he seems like the happiest and one of the hardest workers on the team. Stills has been training to be a football player his whole life as I'm sure his Dad pushed him a little harder like many pro athletes parents do. He knows the receiver position extremely well and is apparently showing the young guys how it's done. That's a lot of responsibility for a young 25 year old and I couldn't be prouder to have him on our squad. Like this story shows, some guys just need a 2nd chance to succeed. Thanks a ton Kenny!! PHINS UP!!!

Word?
jbhmmm.png

Don't tease us. We need details, sir.
feedme.png

I would say Landry is the odd man out, Parker is gonna be special

Who called the timeout during the first play of the preseason game to avoid a penalty. Landry has that "it" factor that no one can coach/teach.

Word?
jbhmmm.png

Don't tease us. We need details, sir.
feedme.png

Haha lol Kenny was with his father (complete dick) who was an ex football player. At the time, I had no idea his pops played in the league. Basically while everyone was signing throughout the day they arrived (Brees, Armstead, about 30 guys in total signed which is a good day in autograph terms), Stills came down the elevator with his father and of course the fans were asking for Kenny to come over to sign. If you've ever been to the Marriott Waterside in Tampa you'd understand the setup more and realize how the lobby is which is very important to the story. Kenny sat down in the lobby (which is about 20 feet from where you're allowed to get autographs) and said in a little bit which is something we're very accustomed to hearing so we all left him alone until his father came over and started raising his voice and telling the fans Kenny's not signing or taking pictures because we aren't fans of his and he doesn't owe the Saints or fanbase anything (I'm not but I felt horrible for the real Saints fans and little kids waiting all day). I've met Michael Jordan, Marino, Lebron, Dwade, guys like that. So to hear a 5th rd pick WR be so snobbish really ruffled the true Saints fans up and even made a little kid cry which really pissed me off. So when Kenny walked by and rudely said "don't even ask", I told him "don't worry dick we really don't give a $hit about a receiver who scored 3 Tds anyways." Stills and his father freaked out and started getting very personal arguing with me and my brother to the point his father started getting aggressive and that's when I realized he really hated New Orleans. I've been around a lot of NFL guys and to see the pure disgust he had with the saints was a bit of a shock until a season later and he's a Dolphin lol For me to see how much he's evolved in many aspects really is shocking to me. It's pretty funny how he went from one guy I couldn't stand to well he's on my team so let's give him a shot to liking him lol Little did I know he was going to score 9 tds for us and become a damn good leader. Nothing too crazy just back and forth for a few mins. I still think to this day he and Brees had some serious unresolved issues as well as being extremely unhappy as a Saint. It's one of those "you have to be there" stories to understand what Kenny was like. Saying all that, I couldn't be more happy with him as a Dolphin and seeing how much he has changed. Stupid story I wish never happened in hindsight lol

Back
Top Bottom