Donald Thomas Worship | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donald Thomas Worship

I don't think there is a need to argue over this situation. It is perfectly understandable that people are not sold on DT after his short amount of playing time. Even if he totally dominated the 1 1/2 games in which he played, there just isn't enough to go on to predict his whole NFL career. Some people have even said terms like future HOF. I think you would get serious opposition even saying that about Jake Long at this point let alone an injured Donald Thomas.

That being said, I think that these guys (Parcels, Ireland and Tony) know what they’re doing and I trust that they will know before the draft how they will proceed with the team and the RG position.

you are allowed to be skeptical, but don't say there is no reason to be optimistic.

yeah, I totally agree with that.

On this site is un-called for..., just saying..., the guy has done..., um..., that's right nothing..., so before we have his bust made for the HOF...

Let's see exactly what we got..., because if he starts next year at G..., and that is no sure thing.... then he is still a Rook in my books... who walked on in University..., certainly he has not met his ceiling but really no one knows what we have here...

Carey could be helped by having soemone who knows waht he is doing next to him..., so don't be surprised if this is addressed in FA and/or the Draft...

I wouldn't write anything except that it is peeving me off how often I read about this guys heroics...

Technically speaking, you could make a similar argument for Henne.

< ...ducks the assorted objects hurled at head... >

I agree that every GM says great things about his picks in May. they all say they "got their man" and the draft went exactly how they hoped. however, Donald Thomas proved his worth on the field, in August, and won the starting job as soon as he got a chance. the fact that he was a walk-on in college(we don't say "in university" here in the USA) or that he was a rookie had nothing to do with his performance. the proof was in the pudding when he beat out guys with better resumes and greater expectations.
everyone from players to coaches to outside observers said the same thing about Thomas; he has the goods and is ready to star in this league. you are allowed to be skeptical, but don't say there is no reason to be optimistic.

There is reason to be optimistic..., we agree..., we need as many good players for our line as we can find...

I appreciate you and your post...

Front office cues is what gets everybody all excited... does anyone expect our FO to throw their picks under a bus..., of course they are excited..., they are salesmen too, but proof is what happens on the field...

You should really know better than this argument. There's a big difference between talking up Donald Thomas on a near-constant basis, bringing his name up when nobody was even talking about him, etc...and just "not throwing him under the bus". Look at Shawn Murphy. You don't see them talking about Shawn Murphy, do you? He's one of their picks. Heck he's a higher pick with more pressure than Donald Thomas. I don't know that I've seen Sparano talk about Murphy the entire season, even once.

I have a feeling that Irerland will address our Oline again and we will have a solid Line for years to come..., a perennial weakness even while Marino was under center...

I believe so as well. But more and more what is shaping up to be the most likely probability, is that it won't be the RG position that they upgrade over Donald Thomas in order to help our RT and C...actually it's more likely that they replace Satele and Carey outright and keep Donald Thomas penciled in at RG.

You should really know better than this argument. There's a big difference between talking up Donald Thomas on a near-constant basis, bringing his name up when nobody was even talking about him, etc...and just "not throwing him under the bus". Look at Shawn Murphy. You don't see them talking about Shawn Murphy, do you? He's one of their picks. Heck he's a higher pick with more pressure than Donald Thomas. I don't know that I've seen Sparano talk about Murphy the entire season, even once.

I believe so as well. But more and more what is shaping up to be the most likely probability, is that it won't be the RG position that they upgrade over Donald Thomas in order to help our RT and C...actually it's more likely that they replace Satele and Carey outright and keep Donald Thomas penciled in at RG.

CK I´am getting the same feeling.

Satele and Carey seem to stay healthy so far their picks Smily, Thomas and even Long are injured maybe they need to consider that too.

Dude... You've got a bad case of ellipsis overload...

Back
Top Bottom