Donald Thomas Worship | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donald Thomas Worship

I think my plan is to bolster our strength rather than be average everywhere..., that said I would invest in the Oline..., either get that kick *** center from CAL and slide Samson to a G position or bolster through a can't miss road grader... Teams that stay on top solidify their Oline..., and their Dline for that matter...

If I am the coach and I am not... I really want to dictate to the "D" how they are going to play my "O"... I can do that if my Oline is consistent...

Me thinks they still have plans for Murphy and Thomas..., but they aren't expecting to build a line through late draft picks are they...? I think not..., but we have no deent back ups as it is...

FA is too expensive...

Your absolutely right. Look at the way Parcells builds teams. Always starts from the lines on both sides, and he almost always uses high draft picks for those positions.

The coaching staff is the reason why, they have praised him repeatedly.

Your absolutely right. Look at the way Parcells builds teams. Always starts from the lines on both sides, and he almost always uses high draft picks for those positions.

I don't pretend to know BP's history but most people on this site will want a WR and a CB with our first two picks..., if we are mid pack team at the draft which we will be..., then a great franchise C or 3/4 OLB or a NT in the first round and a smash mouth guard or go C in the second if yuo do go D in the first followed with the late 2nd rd. pick go Secondary...

Satele could be a great starting G and our back up Center...

I don't pretend to know BP's history but most people on this site will want a WR and a CB with our first two picks..., if we are mid pack team at the draft which we will be..., then a great franchise C or 3/4 OLB or a NT in the first round and a smash mouth guard or truly franchise C in the second and with the late 2nd rd. pick go Secondary...

Satele could be a great starting G and our back up Center...

I think too often we keep citing what Parcells does and forget that Ireland is the GM.

The coaching staff is the reason why, they have praised him repeatedly.

Really... who is "they"... I don't think the coaching staff built him up any more than he was a promising player who had to start due to depth issues...

His resume consists of being drafted 6th Round and his body of work is against pre-season foes..., and our own Defense..., as mentioned no one has moved Kris Jenkins NY Jets..., not even our Oline..., so what has he done...?

Really... who is "they"... I don't think the coaching staff built him up any more than he was a promising player who had to start due to depth issues...

His resume consists of being drafted 6th Round and his body of work is against pre-season foes..., and our own Defense..., as mentioned no one has moved Kris Jenkins NY Jets..., not even our Oline..., so what has he done...?

I guess you didn't read todays ireland interview

I guess you didn't read todays ireland interview

Let me have it..., did the Ireland interview Praise Thoams for beating the crap out of Kris Jenkins... week one...? Do I honestly expect the GM to throw any of his selections under the team bus...? Honest evaluation is always measured by "gameday" and so we wait till next year...

Or did Ireland appoint THomas as a starter at RG next year already...?

You can drag me out and call me a b_____ when he is a top-flight guard in this league but to date he is on IR and not to be worshipped as the Saviour of the Right side of the line...

Count them..., how many listless posts we have had to endure about the Mark Dixon's, D. Mormino, Joe toledo, Mckinneys and the list goes on and on...

it's Gil Brandt's fault... also, blame Parcell's himself for calling Thomas a "Godsend" in training camp.

it's Gil Brandt's fault... also, blame Parcell's himself for calling Thomas a "Godsend" in training camp.

OK let's put it to rest... Gil Brandt and BP and Ireland's overly elaborated words (not) of encouragement = Donald Thomas biased worship

Basically it's BP & Sons fault (Gil Brandt too) that fans refuse to use their minds...

OK let's put it to rest... Gil Brandt and BP and Ireland's overly elaborated words (not) of encouragement = Donald Thomas biased worship

Basically it's BP & Sons fault (Gil Brandt too) that fans refuse to use their minds...

to be fair, Gil Brandt and Bill Parcells are two of most respected talent evaluators in the history of the league. if you're going to trust anyone's opinion without first-hand knowledge, these guys are a safe bet. and it isn't just those two, I remember defensive players raving about him the first day he got in.
that being said, Donald Thomas wouldn't be the first guy with a ton of talent whose career fizzles before it starts due to injury. some guys just can't stay on the field. that doesn't take away from his ability, it's just reality in the NFL.
bottom line: if GB and BP say this guy is special, I don't question it.
just because he injured, doesn't mean he isn't good and shouldn't be talked about as a potential star.

I'm not spending my time searching the internet for actual quotes but recently for example when assessing our RG situation Parcells/ Sparano mentioned him directly by saying we missed him at that position and it will be solidified once he returned from injury. The info is out there, if you wanna take a look.

well he was the best RG we had on our team, as a rook with little experience and pro football coaching...

the thinking is as the season went on and as he got more coaching hed only get better and better... but regardless of that Carey would be playing better with a better guard next to him right? and being that Thomas proved he was the best on our team with his preseason work and what the coaches saw in him, would Carey not benefit from having Thomas next to him instead of someone who is not as good as Thomas?

im not saying the guy is a stud or that hes the best guard in the league or anything crazy... im saying he was the best RG on our team, and the fact that he is out still does hurt us because now we are playing someone who is less talented...

well he was the best RG we had on our team, as a rook with little experience and pro football coaching...

the thinking is as the season went on and as he got more coaching hed only get better and better... but regardless of that Carey would be playing better with a better guard next to him right? and being that Thomas proved he was the best on our team with his preseason work and what the coaches saw in him, would Carey not benefit from having Thomas next to him instead of someone who is not as good as Thomas?

im not saying the guy is a stud or that hes the best guard in the league or anything crazy... im saying he was the best RG on our team, and the fact that he is out still does hurt us because now we are playing someone who is less talented...

agreed all around

Back
Top Bottom