Dowell Loggains is new OC | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dowell Loggains is new OC

Gase?? he got nothin. ain't buyin ain't believin. when Ross steps away for Beals, this team might begin to cut out this disease of mediocrity.. the whole damn thing needs to burn down.. again.

Gase?? he got nothin. ain't buyin ain't believin. when Ross steps away for Beals, this team might begin to cut out the disease of mediocrity.. the whole damn thing needs to burn down.. again.
You are right. One playoff season in two seasons. Give the coach two seasons...burn it down. Perfectly reasonable. Just burn it to the ground every two seasons and mediocrity will disappear. Hard to believe some of the knee jerk reactions by some.

These are the league rankings of the Bears and the Dolphins offense in 2017. Neither we nor them cracked the top 20 in any of these categories. Forgive me if I'm not excited about the Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator.

Points per Game: CHI 29, MIA 28
Yards per Game: CHI 30, MIA 25
Offensive Holding Penalties: CHI 29, MIA 23
False Start Penalties: CHI 26, MIA 30

Not gonna call plays. Good with QBs. Young. Uncontroversial. Familiar. Real hard to care about this one.

It's a big fat **** you to Christensen. 'We know you really weren't at fault for the ****ty O because you don't even call plays, but we're gonna demote you and hire someone else for your mostly figurehead position.' He might even be doing the same exact job - only for less money. Oof.
Idk, I would say the way the players didn't study, know where they were supposed to be before and during the play, amd thr insane amount of personal penalties points to a failure at OC imo

Oh don't worry, it will be a one year working contract and he'll be getting the boot next year with the rest of the staff.
Sorry, writing is on the wall, even clearer after this hire.

Oh don't worry, it will be a one year working contract and he'll be getting the boot next year with the rest of the staff.
Sorry, writing is on the wall, even clearer after this hire.

Naw, Tannehill will bring us back to the playoffs and prove all his doubters wrong. Still the most underrated player in the NFL, but not for much longer. I expect him to continue where he left off...

Do you ever have anything constructive to add to the discussions? Now you're just becoming a nuisance.
Trust me when I say this, this is only the tip of the iceberg, it will only get worse, much worse. It like rolling a snowball down the hill, I know from experience. Be ready for it. And warnings don't slow him down, only accelerates the process

Idk, I would say the way the players didn't study, know where they were supposed to be before and during the play, amd thr insane amount of personal penalties points to a failure at OC imo

But Gase - the head coach and the one calling plays - gets a pass? Interesting.

I don't disagree but I could make just as good an argument that Gase is an eccentric who needs to be communicated with a certain way ... and Clyde wasn't getting it. Loggains does.

I like Gase. There's a good chance he's a weird one, though. Too much stuff gets leaked out pointing in that direction. I'll go ahead and hope Clyde didn't have his group under control and that's why he got demoted (I guess we'll see there ...), but I have my doubts.

This OC will be the new excuse Tannehill sucks

When did you snap out of that coma you were in for at least an 8 game stretch last season? Because if anything over that stretch, our latest impressions of Tannehill were "scoreboard" 7-1, 100+QBr, 70% completion and a ratio of TDs to Ints that was better than 3:1!

If his knee doesn't hold up, then maybe, but otherwise, it's doubtful there will be any one to blame for said "suckage." However, considering the following, if that's not the case, it won't be the OC but rather the new OLC who'd be most to blame, aside from the morons upstairs for ordering the wrong "groceries."

tannehill top 5 from clean pocket.jpg

But Gase - the head coach and the one calling plays - gets a pass? Interesting.

I don't disagree but I could make just as good an argument that Gase is an eccentric who needs to be communicated with a certain way ... and Clyde wasn't getting it. Loggains does.

I like Gase. There's a good chance he's a weird one, though. Too much stuff gets leaked out pointing in that direction. I'll go ahead and hope Clyde didn't have his group under control and that's why he got demoted (I guess we'll see there ...), but I have my doubts.

Yeah, sadly I think we're just going to have to sort this mess out by judging the results a year from now.

Though here's another thought: Maybe he's planning to actually be more hands-on with the defense? If Loggains 'gets' Gase and what he wants to do, that would theoretically free up more time for Gase to oversee other aspects of the team? In that case, it could be an improvement.

You are right. One playoff season in two seasons. Give the coach two seasons...burn it down. Perfectly reasonable. Just burn it to the ground every two seasons and mediocrity will disappear. Hard to believe some of the knee jerk reactions by some.
The knee jerk reactions are always the same boring posters. Nothing the team does do they ever agree with.

Back
Top Bottom