Draft Coverage Market Research (please vote) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Coverage Market Research (please vote)

Which services would you sign up for? (You can vote for multiple options)

• Weekly/Twice-Weekly Email Newsletter: $5 per month (Feb, Mar, Apr)

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • Unprecedented Fan Access Through Q&A: $5 (for all three months)

Votes: 57 12.1%
  • Full Color Printed and Bound Draft Guide (Subscribers Only): $20 (plus S/H)

Votes: 64 13.5%
  • Full Color Printed and Bound Draft Guide (non-Subscribers): $30 (plus S/H)

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Draft Weekend Chat Admission: $5 (Saturday & Sunday)

Votes: 44 9.3%
  • Are you guys nuts? Why would I want to pay you guys for Draft information?

Votes: 318 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dolfan1000 said:
But with no 2nd rounder, I think it would be somewhat risky to take a QB in round 3. We have greater needs IMO. I suppose it all depends on what else gets done in FA- if we sign another DB, a LB, a DL etc. As well, keep in mind, both our 2nd and 6th round picks were "spent" on QBs.

Just making up for lost investment. There was virtually no effective investment in the QB position under Wannstedt and it showed. We spent a late late pick on Heupel and he busted out before we even got him to camp. We spent a 5th on Sage Rosenfels only to keep him 3rd on the depth chart forever. We spent a 2nd on Feeley and don't even get me started on that.

I think if we do further improve the D in FA (Peterson/Arrington/Allen/Law/Schulters etc.), its a good possibility.

Phins28 said:
Hey guys do you see the Dolphins taking Chad Jackson at 16?

I think that is a definite possibility.

I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but I like the idea of the full color bound draft book. I think it would be nice to have a book with all of your views on players that we should draft, steals, etc in an easy to read and colorful format. I, however, wouldn't pay 20-30 bucks for any draft book because the information changes so much and by the time opinions are set, the draft is only a few weeks away. You could avoid that by printing and selling in mid-late February, but then players stocks rise and fall so much, it becomes semi-inaccurate. I just don't see many people paying for this stuff.

Thank you guys for all the time spent...

I personally voted for the unprecedent fan access jump off. The prices are cool considering the information and the direct access to having your questions answered.

With that said, I'm kinda dispointed with the high rate of are you nuts responses, considering the Ask Boomer thread has almost 1000 posts and over 50k views.

Keep up the good work fellas.

rhadaddy said:
I personally voted for the unprecedent fan access jump off. The prices are cool considering the information and the direct access to having your questions answered.

With that said, I'm kinda dispointed with the high rate of are you nuts responses, considering the Ask Boomer thread has almost 1000 posts and over 50k views.

Keep up the good work fellas.

Cheers dude. Right I'm off to bed.

Tomorrow men, is another day closer.

I voted for several things, the newsletter, the book and live draft chat. What I really like about these potential services, is that they are Dolphin related. I really don't care who the Bills draft, but the sole attention on the Fins is very intiguing. There are so many draft gurus and such, to have not one but three well respected members of this site would be well worth getting this info without spending countless hours reading some gurus draft predictions that never pan out anyway. Great idea guys, I always look forward to your input.

Boomer- I remember a name you mentioned before Free Agency was Dashon Polk. Any word on him signing?

If you had to pick- Julian Peterson or Lavar Arrington?

Any other FAs out there you see as possibilities?

Boys, chew on this:

I think it would be very interesting if Allen, Cromatie, and Hill are on the board at 16 at CB, and Bunkley and Watson at DT, and Greenway at OLB, and Chad Jackson at WR.

What would you do besides jump up and down? What does Saban do then?

Boomer said:
60% of you so far think we're nuts and wouldn't pay for any info.

That's cool. All helps with the knowledge.

You guys keep it up. You are doing a pretty nice job of selling it with this Tag team approach. I'm getting a little long in the tooth now and didn't think it would matter to me at first glance. So I voted with the 60%. I would most likely go with the $5 per month internet special. I can remember in 1966 dashing out to the local news stand to get the Herald, to see who my states brand new professional AFL football team had drafted. That would be the extent of the Dolphins news for us up here in NOFLA until the season officially started and until many years later Mr. Curtis gave us the Dolphin Digest. Only problem with it was, the season would be half over before snail mail could deliver it. Then came the Internet & Curt Fennell & Fiheaven. I still get just as excited over the Miami Dolphins as I did when I was 18 years old in 1966. So yeah...if your service will be offered through Finheaven, I'd be willing to give it a go.

I would like to see the Draft Guide Bound. It would be nice to hear your opinions on Miami's preferences with prospects.

Question: is their a general assumption that Jay Cutler will be picked in the top ten even with the recent QB movement? Do you foresee any possiblities where he falls on draft day? What round have you guys graded Omar Jacobs? What about Brodie Croyle?

You guys have basically changed my life, lol. I am a HUGE fan of the Dolphins and football in general. I live in MN so i dont have any one to talk with about the Dolphins. This year i found this site and i have loved it since. Getting info about draft situations gets me soooo pumped for the season. I voted with the 60% basically because i dont have a credit card just yet (just turned 18), and i was figuring thats how you would do it. But if this is for next year (I didn't scroll down and read that part) I would totally be up for paying you guys. I think i have read every page of the "Ask Boomer Thread." Its hard to say what i would prefer tho, the weekly e-mail sounds interesting, but I like how we get to ask you guys questions, so maybe the Q&A thing would be better. Maybe a combo of the two, emails based on the things you guys want to say and your strong opinions, and then a VIP Q&A forum where we get to ask questions. $5-$10 seems pretty reasonable for both of these. Seriously, the "Ask Boomer Thread" has made me very excited in the offseason, in which I'm not used too. Any way, keep up the great work, I love hearing what you guys have to say about our Dolphins.

Ok time for a question. Do you think Will Poole can start next year, and how will he perform? I liked him when he was a rookie, but will he be able to recover from that injury? Do we possibly have our starting cb's right now in Daniels and Poole? I don't see how Cromartie (im hoping) could come in and start over either of them.

thanks again guys, the offseason has a whole new meaning. :)

Back
Top Bottom