Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds Rea | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds Rea

I would trade our 2018 first round pick with jaguars for example for their 2017 2nd rd and 4th rd pick.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Give me Bucky Hodges in the third

Cooper Kupp should not be on our boards at all. WR is the very last thing we need. We have too many now. Even if we were trading one of the starters, wouldn't Caroo take his place? They better not do anything stupid like this.

cause you would get mad lol, listen to yourself... think before you post

Cooper Kupp should not be on our boards at all. WR is the very last thing we need. We have too many now. Even if we were trading one of the starters, wouldn't Caroo take his place? They better not do anything stupid like this.

We desperately need a backup for our backup, Carroo.

My high school football coach loved putting his hand in front of his face and saying, you're thinking this far out. He'd then stretch his arm out and say, Im thinking this far out. Coach Whitcomb could teach a lot of the the posters here a lesson!

Why the angst of drafting a stud at an important position like CB just because we have Maxwell (who can be cut next year with no real cap concerns), Lippett (a project with potential) and Howard (whom I love, but he only played half the season last year with recurring knee problems). Ignoring the fact that the NFL learning curve means that a rookie will often sit a while, even if drafted at a need position, with the NFL off the charts on emphasis on passing (My God, 3rd and 3 is a passing down), getting as many guys on the team that can cover is important. Id definitely not reach for a CB and Id love to get a OLB, FS or G that is BPA, but if there is a talent sitting there at CB...pull the trigger.

If we take a WR in the 3rd round or actually anywhere, the FO would be admiting the big mistake they made last year when the traded away our 3 and 4 this year for Carroo. But what's worst, it'd show they haven't learn anything. Even if they don't believe Carroo will be the player they had hope for him to be, they have no business drafting a WR to once again not be able to play because of our top 3 WR's and with all the holes we still have on defense and the oline. I mean how much can we take as fans?

Ozzy rules!!
If they feel they made a mistake i would hope they would admit it and move on. No crime in that...

I would trade our 2018 first round pick with jaguars for example for their 2017 2nd rd and 4th rd pick.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Give me Bucky Hodges in the third

I think I'd want to ask them to throw in a bit more for a first round pick, but we could definitely do some trade swapping. I expect Tbum to use future assets today or tmrw. I wouldn't be opposed to it. If we could nab a starting G/S/LB..... sure

Drafting Cooper Kupp would be like when we drafted receiver Scott Schwedes in the second round in the late 1980s when we desperately needed defense. My friends laughed hard at me for that. It was frustrating because they were right; they knew it, I knew it, everyone knew it, except, you know, the actual professionals.

If for some reason you went off the grid on offense, I'd at least try to snag Jake Butt who might at least be a major steal. He's going to be a well rounded TE for the long term.

Sorry guys, but Kupp is a beast. A Patriot killer, I'm glad we're looking at him. Jakeem better watch out. Best player available?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm OK with drafting a WR in round three, but here's the thing: He'd better be starting and productive right away.

I think they're about ready to give up on Parker.

I really want us to shore up the OL. We have some holes both at starters and any legit depth. We need to use a minimum of one, preferably two picks for our OL (and not 7th round). A third and 5th would be ok with me, but I have a feeling it's going to be maybe one of the 5th's, two if we are lucky.

Sorry guys, but Kupp is a beast. A Patriot killer, I'm glad we're looking at him. Jakeem better watch out. Best player available?

(Edit: Apologize for the dupe.)

Back
Top Bottom