"Draft Do-Overs: 2008" NOT what you would have thought | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Draft Do-Overs: 2008" NOT what you would have thought

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-many-changes-in-08-draft-redo?module=HP11_cp

For all the Matt Ryan lovers, first thing i thought was well as soon as i click on this it will show the Dolphins should have drafted Matt Ryan......not so fast

"Well, the 2007 Miami Dolphins were a lot worse than 4-12. Miami won just one game that season, leading Wayne Huizenga to hire Bill Parcells to turn the organization around. It also, of course, gave the organization the first pick in the upcoming draft. In this draft re-do, we actually leave the much-maligned 'Fins alone."
1. Miami Dolphins
Actual pick: Jake Long
Do-over pick: Jake Long

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Yes, Miami still needs a QB. Is Matt Ryan worthy of a No. 1 overall pick? Is he of John Elway, Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning ilk? No. Meanwhile, Long has been nothing but an All-Pro in Miami. Good pick."

Ryan 4 playoffs 4 years in a row. Long I playoff game. I take ryan any day of the week. lots of good LTs at the end of the first round when Falcons pick.

and if we did we still wouldnt have a QB

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Ryan 4 playoffs 4 years in a row. Long I playoff game. I take ryan any day of the week. lots of good LTs at the end of the first round when Falcons pick.
Falcons did not make playoffs in 2009. Ryan is 0-3 and hasnt thrown for over 200 yards in any playoff game. 3tds 4 Ints

they missed the playoffs in 2009, also I will take an All-Pro at any position over a QB who chokes every trip to the playoffs

Not sure the point of taking a Lt if you don't know what ARM your QB throws with yet because you don't have 1.

The stupid thing about this article is they ask was matt ryan worth the third pick in the draft but they say jordy friggin nelson was lol. jordy had a very good year last year but three pretty forgettable years before that. In a do over should ST Louis take Ryan . Hell I would take Ryan any day of the week over long because of the importance of the position and Long was not a special palyer last year, he made pro bowl on pure rep

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

they missed the playoffs in 2009, also I will take an All-Pro at any position over a QB who chokes every trip to the playoffs

I wouldnt say Ryan chokes but he has not been a stud in playoffs. The difference is if you make the playoffs you always have a chance to win and if you lose every year with average qb play you are wasting alot of money protecting crap

The stupid thing about this article is they ask was matt ryan worth the third pick in the draft but they say jordy friggin nelson was lol. jordy had a very good year last year but three pretty forgettable years before that. In a do over should ST Louis take Ryan . Hell I would take Ryan any day of the week over long because of the importance of the position and Long was not a special palyer last year, he made pro bowl on pure rep
---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

I wouldnt say Ryan chokes but he has not been a stud in playoffs. The difference is if you make the playoffs you always have a chance to win and if you lose every year with average qb play you are wasting alot of money protecting crap

half the pro-bowl rosters are made on rep, ask any jet fan about Dbrick Ferguson, regardless the pro-bowl is a joke, keep in mind long was coming off playing through a torn bicep and was injured basically all of last year and played every game except a meaningless last game of the season

Meanwhile with a HOF tight end, two 1st round WRs, an all-pro type RB and a good O-Line against a weak giants secondary and terrible LBs, Matt Ryan put up a grand total of ZERO points

half the pro-bowl rosters are made on rep, ask any jet fan about Dbrick Ferguson, regardless the pro-bowl is a joke, keep in mind long was coming off playing through a torn bicep and was injured basically all of last year and played every game except a meaningless last game of the season

Meanwhile with a HOF tight end, two 1st round WRs, an all-pro type RB and a good O-Line against a weak giants secondary and terrible LBs, Matt Ryan put up a grand total of ZERO points

And the other players are not reponsible. With a pro bowl LT we have three straight losing seasons is it Longs fault also. You do realize that Peyton manning had two all pro receivers an all pro te and a pro bowl runningback and still struggled to win his first playoff game. He lost his third playoff game 41-0 to the jets

And the other players are not reponsible. With a pro bowl LT we have three straight losing seasons is it Longs fault also. You do realize that Peyton manning had two all pro receivers an all pro te and a pro bowl runningback and still struggled to win his first playoff game. He lost his third playoff game 41-0 to the jets

point is QBs get all the glory and everyone wants a QB and the whole game is based around the QB, but your excusing him and trying to compare him to Long, Jake does his job 99.9% of the time which is all he can do its up to the QB to do the rest, Matt Ryan had a better O-Line than the Phins and put up ZERO points, even with an average LT, the great and powerful matt ryan couldn't lead them to a score, with rules you cant come near the QB and secondary cant touch a WR he still failed terribly

Peyton also made Pieree Garcon, Austin Collie, Anthony Gonzalez into legit WRs and Jacon Tamme stepped right in for Dallas Clark and Peyton quickly made people forget about Clark

People who want Matt Ryan better not be the same people whining about being stuck in mediocrity. But if you want mediocrity, Matt Ryan's your man.

Well since hindsight's always 20/20, I don't know that I'd have agreed with you about Jake. I'd have traded down to 17, collected another early pick and jumped in front of the Ravens to draft Flacco, a guy who not only took his team to the playoffs all 4 of his seasons, but unlike the other guy who comes up small in sudden death eliminations going back to college, might just possess the clutch gene, actually winning a total of 5 post season games instead of none. IMO through the looking glass, that would have been the move to make if possible. :up:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-many-changes-in-08-draft-redo?module=HP11_cp

For all the Matt Ryan lovers, first thing i thought was well as soon as i click on this it will show the Dolphins should have drafted Matt Ryan......not so fast

"Well, the 2007 Miami Dolphins were a lot worse than 4-12. Miami won just one game that season, leading Wayne Huizenga to hire Bill Parcells to turn the organization around. It also, of course, gave the organization the first pick in the upcoming draft. In this draft re-do, we actually leave the much-maligned 'Fins alone."
1. Miami Dolphins
Actual pick: Jake Long
Do-over pick: Jake Long

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Yes, Miami still needs a QB. Is Matt Ryan worthy of a No. 1 overall pick? Is he of John Elway, Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning ilk? No. Meanwhile, Long has been nothing but an All-Pro in Miami. Good pick."

Actually Jake Long was 2nd team all pro in 2009
and 1st team all pro in 2010...missed in 2009 and 2011

That was one of the first rounds as far as available talent. Im fine with the Jake Long pick.

In hind sight, Ray Rice or DeSean Jackson should have been #1 overall. You know "game changers".

Back
Top Bottom