"Draft Do-Overs: 2008" NOT what you would have thought | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Draft Do-Overs: 2008" NOT what you would have thought

People who want Matt Ryan better not be the same people whining about being stuck in mediocrity. But if you want mediocrity, Matt Ryan's your man.

$ straight winning seasons 3 playoff appearances yea thats mediocre all right lol. If that mediocre than what are we lol

People who want Matt Ryan better not be the same people whining about being stuck in mediocrity. But if you want mediocrity, Matt Ryan's your man.

Making the playoffs isn't mediocre. Going 7-9, 7-9, and 6-10 is. Matt Ryan was the right choice obviously. Gets better every year too.

Well since hindsight's always 20/20, I don't know that I'd have agreed with you about Jake. I'd have traded down to 17, collected another early pick and jumped in front of the Ravens to draft Flacco, a guy who not only took his team to the playoffs all 4 of his seasons, but unlike the other guy who comes up small in sudden death eliminations going back to college, might just possess the clutch gene, actually winning a total of 5 post season games instead of none. IMO through the looking glass, that would have been the move to make if possible. :up:

Well I guess we have no chance to win this year since the jets have cornered the market on this so called playoff gene you speak of, I mean they have two qb's that led thier teams to the conference championship the last three years.

Well I guess we have no chance to win this year since the jets have cornered the market on this so called playoff gene you speak of, I mean they have two qb's that led thier teams to the conference championship the last three years.

mods someone edit this I misstyped last three years I meant two of last three years and was going to say almost on Tebow ugh damn pt test

What I find funny is the same people that attack Matt Ryan because he is 0-3 in playoff games dont give Mark Sanchez any credit for being 4-2 in playoff games.
I think we dont have a qb that leads us to winning seasons very often so we dont know what a good qb is anymore lol.

and if we did we still wouldnt have a QB

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Falcons did not make playoffs in 2009. Ryan is 0-3 and hasnt thrown for over 200 yards in any playoff game. 3tds 4 Ints

so not making the playoffs is better than making them and having a chance to go to a superbowl and falling short???? WTF kind of thinking is that?

they missed the playoffs in 2009, also I will take an All-Pro at any position over a QB who chokes every trip to the playoffs

So you'd rather not make the playoffs with a PB LT than make the playoffs with a franchise (although not PB) QB?

I am a jake long supporter and do not have any regrets with us choosing Long over Ryan as it is very likely Ryan would have done NOTHING as a starting QB with the MIami Dolphins given the inept coaching staff we would have had coaching him. He likely would have been a bust as a miami dolphin.

Look at that haul for Atlanta. Goddamn that's a tremendous draft.

So you'd rather not make the playoffs with a PB LT than make the playoffs with a franchise (although not PB) QB?

I am a jake long supporter and do not have any regrets with us choosing Long over Ryan as it is very likely Ryan would have done NOTHING as a starting QB with the MIami Dolphins given the inept coaching staff we would have had coaching him. He likely would have been a bust as a miami dolphin.

Well actually Ryan has been a probowler and should have went this year over Newton who played well but not as well as Ryan did but thats opinion. As for Ryan busting here, Im sure he may not been as good off bat but he showed at BC he could win with lesser talent. BC was at best the sixth most talented team in the ACC when he was there and he had no offensive weapons, not one NFL skill position player on that offense besides him.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

so not making the playoffs is better than making them and having a chance to go to a superbowl and falling short???? WTF kind of thinking is that?

I wonder if people thought Peyton sucked when he was 0-3 in playoffs with 1 td and 3 int with barely over 200 yards

Well actually Ryan has been a probowler and should have went this year over Newton who played well but not as well as Ryan did but thats opinion. As for Ryan busting here, Im sure he may not been as good off bat but he showed at BC he could win with lesser talent. BC was at best the sixth most talented team in the ACC when he was there and he had no offensive weapons, not one NFL skill position player on that offense besides him.

Was he a probowler? I cant remember.. Now that I think about it he made last years pro bowl? Im not one to compare what happened in college to what happens in the pro's because in the majority of cases, it doesnt translate. My point is I hold no confidence that Sparano's regime, had Ryan been drafted to them, would have had clue one on how to help Ryan become a franchise QB. Atlanta's coaching staff is far superior than the meatballs. And what with the dinosaurs and Sparano's game planning and playcalling, Ryan likely would have been set up for failure. Give us Ryan with a coaching staff with half a brain and Ryan would have had us in the playoffs just like he has Atlanta in the playoffs.

And for those who judge him on being a one and done in the playoffs QB; their priorities are COMPLETELY screwed being a Dolphins fan. These fans have no right whatsoever making such claims. Lets worry about GETTING INTO the playoffs before we start worrying about what we are going to do once we are in the playoffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
did i just read a poster say he would take an all pro at any position over a qb who chokes in the playoffs?

I'm pretty sure my childhood hero dan marino didn't win the big one... I wouldnt' take a pro bowl punter over him...

i wouldn't take a probowl left tackle over a legit starting qb if my life depended on it...

is it THAT hard to see, that, that very logic is why we have been so damn ****ty for a god damn decade... I mean do these people on finheaven put that little importance on the qb position?

Was he a probowler? I cant remember.. Now that I think about it he made last years pro bowl? Im not one to compare what happened in college to what happens in the pro's because in the majority of cases, it doesnt translate. My point is I hold no confidence that Sparano's regime, had Ryan been drafted to them, would have had clue one on how to help Ryan become a franchise QB. Atlanta's coaching staff is far superior than the meatballs. And what with the dinosaurs and Sparano's game planning and playcalling, Ryan likely would have been set up for failure. Give us Ryan with a coaching staff with half a brain and Ryan would have had us in the playoffs just like he has Atlanta in the playoffs.

You could be right but i always thought this guy was a pretty special qb and so far I feel he has shown it but you are correct Atlanta has a much better Gm and much better coach at time, not to mention a pretty good oc

That's not what I said. I said I will take an all-pro at any position over a QB who chokes every playoff. imo, there is nothing worse than a playoff choker at QB. He gives you just enough hope to think you are set at the position, then crushes you when it counts. Everyone depends on him to make the play when its do or die. To crumble in the playoffs can sabotage a good team ,let alone a mediocre one. Matt Ryan has been surrounded with tremendous talent and he doesn't just make a mistake, he hardly shows up.
Fact is, Matt Ryan and Jake Long have an equal number of playoff wins and neither one seems to be able to deliver a championship to their team.

did i just read a poster say he would take an all pro at any position over a qb who chokes in the playoffs?

I'm pretty sure my childhood hero dan marino didn't win the big one... I wouldnt' take a pro bowl punter over him...

i wouldn't take a probowl left tackle over a legit starting qb if my life depended on it...

is it THAT hard to see, that, that very logic is why we have been so damn ****ty for a god damn decade... I mean do these people on finheaven put that little importance on the qb position?
Did you just compare Matt Ryan to Dan Marino?

About the same level of importance as our previous 1245633 GM's

Back
Top Bottom