"Draft Do-Overs: 2008" NOT what you would have thought | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Draft Do-Overs: 2008" NOT what you would have thought

Would you take Jim Kelly the hall of fame QB who lost 4 super bowls ina row over JAke Long?

I think the answer is a no brainer. And the Bills kicked Marinos butt for those 4 years.

Did you just compare Matt Ryan to Dan Marino?

yea I did, and I'll give you something else to chew on. ( keep in mind my childhood hero and fav player is marino. I even have a marino room in my house)

but fact of the matter is marino was a worse playoff qb than regular season qb... he played in 18 playoff games in 17 years and won 8 of them. His qb rating slid from 84 in the regular season to 77 in the post season. IN his lone superbowl appearance he went 29/50 for 318 yards, 1td, and 2 ints, with a qb rating of 66.9

ff to 1998 with the #1 defense in the league playing for miami and marino throws two picks again in the 2nd round of the playoffs, and another pedestrian qb rating in the 60s. marino threw a pic in 13 of his 18 playoff games, and more than one pic I think 10 of those 18 games...

so did I just compare matt ryan to dan marino?.... yea, I think thats how it reads......

Well since hindsight's always 20/20, I don't know that I'd have agreed with you about Jake. I'd have traded down to 17, collected another early pick and jumped in front of the Ravens to draft Flacco, a guy who not only took his team to the playoffs all 4 of his seasons, but unlike the other guy who comes up small in sudden death eliminations going back to college, might just possess the clutch gene, actually winning a total of 5 post season games instead of none. IMO through the looking glass, that would have been the move to make if possible. :up:

Joe Flacco is twice the qb that Ryan is. Ryan just isnt a big game QB. I really dont know why Flacco gets so much hate from fans. He puts up solid numbers with an average receiving corp, and is pretty durable.

I would still have taken jake as the No 1 pick instead of Ryan. An all pro LT, rated by peers & coaches as one of the best 3 in the game against a qb that is average at best. ryan would not have lasted behind our line.

It's too early to throw Matt Ryan away as a "playoff choker". If he goes and wins a couple of playoff games next year then you won't hear anything about this ever again. I believe Dlocks already pointed out how mediocre Peyton was in his first 3 playoff games, and he's one of the best QBs of all time.
Ryan was the right pick, there's no question about it.

Joe Flacco is twice the qb that Ryan is. Ryan just isnt a big game QB. I really dont know why Flacco gets so much hate from fans. He puts up solid numbers with an average receiving corp, and is pretty durable.

I would still have taken jake as the No 1 pick instead of Ryan. An all pro LT, rated by peers & coaches as one of the best 3 in the game against a qb that is average at best. ryan would not have lasted behind our line.

If the Raven's WR core is avg...I really would hate to hear what ours is.

So what I am hearing is that Matt Sanchez is a franchise qb because he does well in playoffs and MaTT Ryan sucks lol ok

Jordy Nelson at 2? That list is insane. Obviously you take Ryan over Long and hindsight has only made that more obvious.

Jordy Nelson at 2? That list is insane. Obviously you take Ryan over Long and hindsight has only made that more obvious.

I can live with people of opinion that Long was the better pick even though I dont agree because LT is not close to as important as QB but many people seem to revel in an article questioning Ryan even as the third pick which is bad analysis that has Jordy Nelson as the should have 2nd pick. Thats pretty damn laughable. If the draft was redone today Nelson still would not be drafted top 10

Dan Marino and Peyton Manning? really?
That is some MAD love for a guy who has never been able to win the big game.
and let's face it, we're not even talking about the "big game". Melty hasn't even been able to win the medium-sized games.
if all he going to do is fade under the first sign of pressure, what good is he at all? You would be better off with an all-pro RB or DE and an average QB who rises to the occasion. Yes- when its sudden death, give me Mark Sanchez (94 playoff QBR) over Matt Ryan(63) every time
can he turn it around? sure, but history is not on his side. For every Peyton Manning, there are countless others who started slow and never figured it out

I'm fine with Long over Matt Ryan, as far as I;m concerned they are both equally valuable to their respected teams...

what we should be concentrating on here is how we didn't take Vernon Gohlston and how the Jets did.

I'm fine with Long over Matt Ryan, as far as I;m concerned they are both equally valuable to their respected teams...

what we should be concentrating on here is how we didn't take Vernon Gohlston and how the Jets did.
I'd prefer to just not obsess over the Jets. We have our own problems.

Back
Top Bottom