Draft order as of 10/30/2011 - two games pending and a new player for Luck | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft order as of 10/30/2011 - two games pending and a new player for Luck

I wouldn't necessarily swallow that one hook, line and sinker yet. They're leaving Manning open to practicing with the team. If he gets into practice and starts practicing well and feeling good, I can imagine him pushing them to let him suit up for a game. All it may take is one victory that you wouldn't have counted on, and they're out of the Suck For Luck race...and I know Manning himself does NOT want any part of Andrew Luck sitting behind him. Peyton could pull a power play here.

Yeah, this has been my thought for a few weeks now. A little bit of wishful thinking? Sure. It's the best chance we've got to get Luck. But given the personalities involved it's not as farfetched as some people like to think.

Yeah, this has been my thought for a few weeks now. A little bit of wishful thinking? Sure. It's the best chance we've got to get Luck. But given the personalities involved it's not as farfetched as some people like to think.

The fact that the final game of the season will come against a highly beatable Jacksonville Jaguars team is the thing that I'm really looking at. If Peyton has been practicing for weeks and is feeling good, he could storm into Caldwell's office and demand he let him play. I personally think the Colts will already have a win by that point, and Peyton could win them their 2nd game which could be just enough to put them out of the Luck race.

The fact that the final game of the season will come against a highly beatable Jacksonville Jaguars team is the thing that I'm really looking at. If Peyton has been practicing for weeks and is feeling good, he could storm into Caldwell's office and demand he let him play. I personally think the Colts will already have a win by that point, and Peyton could win them their 2nd game which could be just enough to put them out of the Luck race.

Isray tweeted today that Manning was healing well and he hinted he could possibly play before New Years. And once he is 100% he would play. However, they might just be blowing smoke trying to keep fans involved and deter people from thinking they are tanking for Luck.

Exactly. It's a very dangerous game they're playing. On the Colts message boards they think the reason Colts haven't put him on I.R. already is to give season ticket holders and anyone who might think about purchasing tickets a reason not to give up on the season.

But I think if you keep a guy on the active roster, then you take the step of letting him practice, and then he gets better in practice... if you don't play him it's gets sort of hard to say "we're going to play the guy who gives us the best chance to win" with a straight face to anyone. Especially a guy like Peyton Manning, who is absolutely not above saying all the right things with a scowl on his face and then giving the media absolutely devastatingly incriminating quotes under the table. There's no one player who has their organization more by the balls than Peyton Manning, and every week they don't put him on I.R. they only make him stronger.

Isray tweeted today that Manning was healing well and he hinted he could possibly play before New Years. And once he is 100% he would play. However, they might just be blowing smoke trying to keep fans involved and deter people from thinking they are tanking for Luck.

before new years...hell thats like week 17...i think polian is gonna let peyton practice but if he's in position for that top pick he'll use the not medically cleared for contact excuse or something along those lines for why he never suited up in a game...i just don't think polian will let peyton strong arm him...then again i'm not sure peyton ever plays again period...wouldn't shock me if thats the case and they get out of his contract in the offseason

Looking at those upcoming games the colts have with Jax i cant help think to myself, Thank God Jax cut Garrard. Not that i think hes a world beater but i think he gives Jax a much better chance of winning those games against Indy.

we need the colts dbs to step in front of a few of those fallin away to avoid contact all the time throws from blaine gabbert to beat the jags...that kid bails out all the damn time...

we need the colts dbs to step in front of a few of those fallin away to avoid contact all the time throws from blaine gabbert to beat the jags...that kid bails out all the damn time...

He just took it from Missouri and brought it to Jacksonville.

I've seen the still photographs of him bailing from a perfect pocket, just like he did in college. They have a few of them zoomed in on his face where it's abundantly clear his eyes are focused solely on the rusher instead of downfield. It's extremely John Beck-ish.

Good luck coaching that out of him. He'll bust if he doesn't overcome it.

Not good

Attachments

• gabbert 1.png
    gabbert 1.png
    364.7 KB · Views: 15
  • gabbert 2.png
    gabbert 2.png
    557.2 KB · Views: 16
  • gabbert 3.png
    gabbert 3.png
    667.8 KB · Views: 18

Irsay is a loose cannon. He says what's on his mind. Ultimately I wonder if Bill Polian won't leave his son, Chris Polian in charge of the Colts and try and pull a Parcells, set up shop somewhere else, because he has to hate having to deal with Irsay.

Earlier in the year it was Jim Irsay that dropped all kinds of hints that Peyton Manning's neck was REAL bad and he might not only miss playing time, but a LOT of playing time. This was at a time when Polian was trying to keep everything super silent. It wouldn't shock me if Irsay's been talking to Peyton and this is why he's saying stuff like this, taking Peyton's side of everything while Bill and Chris Polian have to be thinking that they should try and ride the Suck For Luck train to final destination.

ehhh...today john clayton said that peyton if he does get practice reps won't take any til december so a month from now at the earliest...also i saw a quote from bill polian on the nfl network ticker today said pretty much he would like to get manning some practice reps to gauge his health but he does not want him playing in games...

frankly...i'll be shocked if peyton takes a snap in a game this year...

He just took it from Missouri and brought it to Jacksonville.

I've seen the still photographs of him bailing from a perfect pocket, just like he did in college. They have a few of them zoomed in on his face where it's abundantly clear his eyes are focused solely on the rusher instead of downfield. It's extremely John Beck-ish.

Good luck coaching that out of him. He'll bust if he doesn't overcome it.

agreed...

ehhh...today john clayton said that peyton if he does get practice reps won't take any til december so a month from now at the earliest...also i saw a quote from bill polian on the nfl network ticker today said pretty much he would like to get manning some practice reps to gauge his health but he does not want him playing in games...

frankly...i'll be shocked if peyton takes a snap in a game this year...

This would support CK thinking that maybe Polian doesnt want Manning to play...but possibly Isray has been talking to Peyton and backing Peyton on this one. Something to consider at least...what CK is saying does make a ton of sense. Could be a nice little divide going on there

You have to closely examine what Bill Polian said. There's too much synopsis going on, the "basically what he was saying was..." stuff is over-generalized and in some cases inaccurate. What Polian actually said was that he's not sure he wants to see Peyton getting in ball games behind this patchwork, injury depleted offensive line.

And that's a whole different animal from all these "I think he said..." recaps I keep hearing. Yeah, I wouldn't want to put Peyton behind a line featuring Jeff Linkenbach at LT, and guys like Quinn Ojinnaka, Seth Olsen and Mike Tepper as the other starters aside from Jeff Saturday. I'd be pretty apprehensive about that as well.

But is that going to be the OL situation for the rest of the year? No. Absolutely not.

Anthony Castonzo has already returned to practice. If he doesn't play this week against the Falcons, he'll be resuming his Left Tackle spot soon. That will allow them to move Jeff Linkenbach to Right Tackle where they originally liked and wanted him. Ryan Diem was questionable for the game against Tennessee. If he's not back for the Falcons game, he'll also be back pretty soon. Joe Reitz' situation is a little more unclear as he has arthroscopic surgery on October 25th, but they made the decision not to put him on injured reserve, so they must think he'll be back this year. So you'll have all these guys back, along with Jeff Saturday at Center and Jeff Linkenbach whom they like at Right Tackle. When that happens, suddenly the reason Polian didn't want Peyton to come into the games will have disappeared.

I absolutely guarantee that Peyton Manning wants no part of Andrew Luck and will do everything in his power to make sure Luck does not become an Indianapolis Colt. Lucas Oil Stadium is the house that Peyton built. The Colts have no business drafting an Andrew Luck less than a year after re-signing Peyton Manning to the deal they signed him to.

i was just going off what they said on the ticker...i did not actually read polians exact words...the colts may have no business drafting an andrew luck the year after signing peyton but if peytons not right you can bet bottom dollar i'd be looking to get out of that deal which they have a free out on and taking andrew luck if i'm polian...fanbase and media chastising be damned...polians safe there right now no matter what move he makes

Back
Top Bottom