Draft order as of 10/30/2011 - two games pending and a new player for Luck | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft order as of 10/30/2011 - two games pending and a new player for Luck

i was just going off what they said on the ticker...i did not actually read polians exact words...the colts may have no business drafting an andrew luck the year after signing peyton but if peytons not right you can bet bottom dollar i'd be looking to get out of that deal which they have a free out on and taking andrew luck if i'm polian...fanbase and media chastising be damned...polians safe there right now no matter what move he makes
If they get out of Manning's contract (If hes still healthy), they better hope Luck turns out to be everything he is supposed to be. Peyton Manning is the face of the Colt's team...regardless how good Luck may become, the fanbase there would be pissed. Especially if a healthy Manning goes to another team and wins another Superbowl. If Manning is healthy, I agree with CK in that Manning just does not want Luck. Why would he want them to spend the top pick on a player that is not going to help HIM win. Is it the best move for the franchise..sure. But he wants another ring, and they could get some premium picks/players to help by trading that #1 pick. If they draft Luck, Manning will want out IMO

If they get out of Manning's contract (If hes still healthy), they better hope Luck turns out to be everything he is supposed to be. Peyton Manning is the face of the Colt's team...regardless how good Luck may become, the fanbase there would be pissed. Especially if a healthy Manning goes to another team and wins another Superbowl. If Manning is healthy, I agree with CK in that Manning just does not want Luck. Why would he want them to spend the top pick on a player that is not going to help HIM win. Is it the best move for the franchise..sure. But he wants another ring, and they could get some premium picks/players to help by trading that #1 pick. If they draft Luck, Manning will want out IMO

if mannings healthy there's no way you get out of the contract...not now at least...you still take luck if your indy though and with this new cba you'd be able to add his contract to mannings no problem...worse case if you're indy you can trade luck for a ransom or if mannings healthy you can trade him for multiple 1st rounders...even at this age

its a no brainer...if you're indy you take andrew luck period...

If Luck were going to be tempted to pull an Eli Manning with anyone, it should be with the Colts. If I were Andrew I would tell the Colts I don't sign a contract with you until/unless Peyton Manning is gone.

If Luck were going to be tempted to pull an Eli Manning with anyone, it should be with the Colts. If I were Andrew I would tell the Colts I don't sign a contract with you until/unless Peyton Manning is gone.

I think you discount the severity of Manning's injury and what it will do to the remainder of his career, but you are dead right about this. If I'm Andrew Luck, do I want to sit three years behind Manning? Hell no.

If the Colts were hypothetically listening to offers for the #1 pick...what do you think it would take to swap with them (from the #2 pick) ?

If the Colts were hypothetically listening to offers for the #1 pick...what do you think it would take to swap with them (from the #2 pick) ?

someone in the top 10 max will pony up 3 1st rounders for this kid...i doubt miami even at #2 could get the pick for the 2012 1st ie #2 overall and a 1st in 2013....someone in the top 5 will trump that...watch out for washington who has hit the wall denver who has a ton of assets pick wise to offer seattle among others...i'm sure san fran would love to get up there but the way its looking they'll be picking in the mid 20's at least so i don't think they'll have any shot of putting together a good enough package in trade...

if the colts get the top pick miamis #2 offer that pick a 2013 1st rounder and wake...that at least gets their attention...i stll doubt they'd trade it

i may be in the minority on this one, but i just dont believe the colts would trade the pick to the dolphins, a team in their conference who they will have to compete with for many years the rights to a qb who has the hype around him that he will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

i believe it would take obviously a swap of the 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, , next year 1st and 2nd minimum. i could be wrong on that part. However, i believe if a team like the skins or cards, if they are drafting in the top 5, the colts would take slightly less, not much less, and still be able to take the player they want with many draft picks included as long as they are trading him out of conference, rather than take a slightly better offer from miami and keep him in the afc for years ahead.

i may be in the minority on this one, but i just dont believe the colts would trade the pick to the dolphins, a team in their conference who they will have to compete with for many years the rights to a qb who has the hype around him that he will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

i believe it would take obviously a swap of the 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, , next year 1st and 2nd minimum. i could be wrong on that part. However, i believe if a team like the skins or cards, if they are drafting in the top 5, the colts would take slightly less, not much less, and still be able to take the player they want with many draft picks included as long as they are trading him out of conference, rather than take a slightly better offer from miami and keep him in the afc for years ahead.

I don't think trading him within the conference is nearly as unappealing as trading within the division. If Miami has the #2 overall pick and offers that plus #34, plus whatever else, I think that makes the trade offer very appealing. I think it really just comes down to what the Colts think of Manning's health going forward. If they feel like they can get four more good years out of him, I think they would definitely entertain trading him to Miami.

yeah...its in division that the colts wouldn't want to deal anyone...let alone luck...its why i seriously doubt even if we wanted them to the pats woul consider trading say ryan mallet to us at any point...

you trade guys in division and they are da goods they haunt you

I don't think trading him within the conference is nearly as unappealing as trading within the division. If Miami has the #2 overall pick and offers that plus #34, plus whatever else, I think that makes the trade offer very appealing. I think it really just comes down to what the Colts think of Manning's health going forward. If they feel like they can get four more good years out of him, I think they would definitely entertain trading him to Miami.
well obviously its not as unappealing as trading within the division, but still. I mean if the dolphins were the only team to offer( which they wont be) then ya, you have to consider it, because you might as well get as much as you can. But if other teams out of conference are offering basically just as much, maybe a tad below, you gotta think.

Also, its not like we are talking about a regular trade in conference, we are talking about trading the rights to a team in your conference to take a player that is hyped up to be manning type caliber. Im sure the colts prefer not to have to face a peyton manning type player for the next 15 years. i know we are not in the same division, but the colts and pats are not either and they have a pretty good rivalry.

well obviously its not as unappealing as trading within the division, but still. I mean if the dolphins were the only team to offer( which they wont be) then ya, you have to consider it, because you might as well get as much as you can. But if other teams out of conference are offering basically just as much, maybe a tad below, you gotta think.

Also, its not like we are talking about a regular trade in conference, we are talking about trading the rights to a team in your conference to take a player that is hyped up to be manning type caliber. Im sure the colts prefer not to have to face a peyton manning type player for the next 15 years. i know we are not in the same division, but the colts and pats are not either and they have a pretty good rivalry.

On the other hand, it's possible Bill Polian likes the idea of making Miami more competitive against New England? I agree the ideal situation is to trade into the other conference, but at the end of the day, if the guy turns out to be a world beater and your team is making a championship run, you're going to be facing him one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom