Draft Order as of November 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Order as of November 17

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Here's the draft order as of today. * Notes which teams I think need quarterbacks. Some have veterans who may soon need to be replaced.

1. NYJ*
2. Jacksonville*
3. Washington*
4. Dallas
5. Chargers
6. Miami (from Houston)
7. Cincinnati
8. NY Giants*
9. Carolina*
10. Atlanta
11. Denver
12. San Francisco*
13.Detroit
14. Minnesota
15. New England*
16. Chicago*
17. Cleveland
18. Tennessee
19. Philadelphia
20. Arizona
21. Seattle
22. Miami
23. Indianapolis*
24. Baltimore
25. LA Rams
26. Las Vegas Raiders*
27.Tampa Bay*
28. Buffalo
29. Green Bay
30. Kansas City
31. New Orleans*
32. Pittsburgh*

The Chargers should win this week, and both the Noskins and the Cowboys have at least a chance.
If the Patriots get it done, we could float as high as #3 next week.

I think you can discount first round QB picks for TB (no way Brady will let that happen), LV (Derek Carr is having a good season for them, no sign that they are moving on) , Carolina (Bridgewater has been good for them and a lot to do on that team to take a QB, unless they are in range for Lawrence or Fields). The rest are spot on. I think it will be lawrence 1 and Fields 2. I've not seen this ND kid at all so no idea if he's top 5 material but the top 3 in the draft there absolutely need to prioritise QB those teams have a major hole there, along with NE, Chicago and NYG (who may be tempted to stay pat with what they have but they really shouldn't).

Thank goodness we didn't go with the route many on here were pitching for for us, which was to not take a QB last year and look to this draft because the competition is ten fold what we had last year.

This year's depth is a little suspect to me, the top 2 are clear, don't know anything about the ND Kid (forgot his name). Mack Jones and Kyle Trask may be later picks, not sure if either or round 1 or either have the athleticism to play QB in this era of the NFL. I'm very familiar with Trask having watched every game and his progression since coming in for Franks has been startling, he's a very intelligent pocket passer who understands how to play the position and his stats this year are no fluke, he's a legit Heisman candidate, a few years ago he would be an ideal NFL prospect but the game has moved on and the skill set required has evolved that's why I pause on his suitability. Mack Jones has be throwing it around the park for Bama and they've hardly missed a beat since Tua, Juedy, Ruggs and Wills moved on. That's a huge complement to him, I'm not sure if he can make the step up, I've really not studied him enough.

Be interesting to see what the Cheats do, they could go the veteran route, not sure if anything is available, perhaps Ryan or Stafford move on. They've put themselves out of the race already for the top 2 prospects (which is great because one of those two in NE would be horrible for the rest of the league), maybe a Mack Jones or Kyle Trask ends up there, not sure how I would feel about that tbh.

Looking at the teams in the early teens, Miami could be in position to trade down - depending on which QB's fall/how early they pick. I want Devonta Smith at 1a no matter where Miami picks, but it'd be cool to get extra picks in the process.
Maybe Miami could get Smith and Parsons? The team has the draft capital to trade back up.

I think you can discount first round QB picks for TB (no way Brady will let that happen), LV (Derek Carr is having a good season for them, no sign that they are moving on) , Carolina (Bridgewater has been good for them and a lot to do on that team to take a QB, unless they are in range for Lawrence or Fields). The rest are spot on. I think it will be lawrence 1 and Fields 2. I've not seen this ND kid at all so no idea if he's top 5 material but the top 3 in the draft there absolutely need to prioritise QB those teams have a major hole there, along with NE, Chicago and NYG (who may be tempted to stay pat with what they have but they really shouldn't).

Thank goodness we didn't go with the route many on here were pitching for for us, which was to not take a QB last year and look to this draft because the competition is ten fold what we had last year.

This year's depth is a little suspect to me, the top 2 are clear, don't know anything about the ND Kid (forgot his name). Mack Jones and Kyle Trask may be later picks, not sure if either or round 1 or either have the athleticism to play QB in this era of the NFL. I'm very familiar with Trask having watched every game and his progression since coming in for Franks has been startling, he's a very intelligent pocket passer who understands how to play the position and his stats this year are no fluke, he's a legit Heisman candidate, a few years ago he would be an ideal NFL prospect but the game has moved on and the skill set required has evolved that's why I pause on his suitability. Mack Jones has be throwing it around the park for Bama and they've hardly missed a beat since Tua, Juedy, Ruggs and Wills moved on. That's a huge complement to him, I'm not sure if he can make the step up, I've really not studied him enough.

Be interesting to see what the Cheats do, they could go the veteran route, not sure if anything is available, perhaps Ryan or Stafford move on. They've put themselves out of the race already for the top 2 prospects (which is great because one of those two in NE would be horrible for the rest of the league), maybe a Mack Jones or Kyle Trask ends up there, not sure how I would feel about that tbh.
I haven't paid much attention to the quarterbacks in this draft. Some SF fans I know are clamoring over the BYU quarterback.

If we know one thing about the draft, teams will react for quarterbacks and pass rushers.

I haven't paid much attention to the quarterbacks in this draft. Some SF fans I know are clamoring over the BYU quarterback.

If we know one thing about the draft, teams will react for quarterbacks and pass rushers.

I've seen a few highlights of him not much, but honestly BYU have played no one, hard to judge him, he's getting buzz though, is he one of those BYU kids that are 38 before they graduate ?

I've seen a few highlights of him not much, but honestly BYU have played no one, hard to judge him, he's getting buzz though, is he one of those BYU kids that are 38 before they graduate ?

I doubt Zack Wilson is going to do his LDS mission at this point - he's probably gone to the NFL. He was an EE at BYU so he's still quite young even for a true Junior.

I think he'll follow the path of former BYU quarterbacks like Steve Young, Jim McMahon and Steve Sarkisian that didn't do their 2 year mission and headed off to the NFL. Or in Young's case signing with with the LA Express, and Sarkisian going to the CFL.

Although Steve Young almost served his 2 year mission because he was going to be moved to the defensive side of the ball because he was so athletic, and they needed defensive help more at the time than they needed a quarterback. Coach Edwards ended up changing his mind and Young ended up playing quarterback and setting records. McMahon actually started his career as BYU's punter.

Looking at the teams in the early teens, Miami could be in position to trade down - depending on which QB's fall/how early they pick. I want Devonta Smith at 1a no matter where Miami picks, but it'd be cool to get extra picks in the process.
I was fully on board the waddle train until the injury. I am assuming you liked Devonta better than Waddle before the injury? Good to have you back by the way.

Back
Top Bottom