Draft picks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft picks

To me if Tua is not right after combine (which in my opinion and being a Fooball Coach for USCSB back in California a rwhile back, I would not take the risk because he he will not be right and he stated that himself). We get Herbert later in the 1st round but we also get another QB too (in later rounds 7th)

1st Round
With our 1st pick in the 2020 Draft get a OT (RT/LT Tristian Wirfs IOWA)
With our 2nd pick get an EDGE (Curtis Weaver BOISE STATE)
With our 3rd pick get a QB (Justin Herbert OREGON)

2nd Round
With our 1st pick get a WR (JK Hamler PENN STATE)
With our 2nd pick get a CB (CJ Henderson FLORIDA)

3rd Round
With our 1st pick get a RB (JK Dobbins OHIO STATE)
With our 2nd pick get a DE (Kyle Blackwood MONTANA)

4th Round (We do not have a selection)

5th Round
With our 1st pick get a OT (LT/RT Mekhi Becton LOUISVILLE)
With our 2nd pick get a TE (Mitchell Wilcox, TE, SOUTH FLORIDA)

6th Round
With our 1st pick get a S (Shyheim Carter, S, Alabama)
With our 2nd pick get a G/C (Michael Onwenu G,C, MICHIGAN)
With our 3rd pick get a CB (Lavert Hill, CB, MICHIGAN)

With our 4 pick get a P (Derick Adams, P, KENT STATE)

7th Round
With our last pick in the 2020 draft get a QB (Dalton Sneed QB, MONTANA)

There you have it. Great balance an potential starters. At 7 will be. We have 14 picks so we can do basically anything. We can overload on Defense or Offense. Or a good balance. Next off-season is going to be intriguing and exciting. Hpefully we hit on some.
I dont hate it, as far as position at pick, but there is really no way to know if specific players are available at specific picks.

You obviously put a lot of time and thought into it, so kudos for that.

I have watched him play several games this year and I was not impressed. While he has a strong arm, he seems to have trouble when his first option is covered. Personally I think he is a long term project and he may never be more than a mediocre starter or merely a backup in the NFL. If the Dolphins do draft him, I hope it’s not until the 4th round at the earliest.
Burrow or perhaps Tua if he is medically cleared are the only QB’s worthy of being picked in the first round, IMO. I think after those two QB’s, the 2020 draft in regards to the QB position is very weak.
I think Tua is still in play, but that is risky on the injury front

I do agree that Burrow and a relatively healthy Tua are the only legit top 10 quarterbacks. But teams are going to take Herbert and Love higher than projected based on their upside.

I've also seen a few games that made me question Herbert. But I think scouts will see him as a better prospect than Josh Allen and comparable to Carsen Wenz.

I do agree that Burrow and a relatively healthy Tua are the only legit top 10 quarterbacks. But teams are going to take Herbert and Love higher than projected based on their upside.

I've also seen a few games that made me question Herbert. But I think scouts will see him as a better prospect than Josh Allen and comparable to Carsen Wenz.

Agree, but I'll add some QBs are always drafted higher than projected because teams are QB desperate.

Tua and Borrow
Idk if they are best qb but as fur as there college career they are. I think they are more prepared to go to losing team.. than other qb like Love, herbert or Fromm would be better off getting drafted
in 20s.. but u will never know which one will be most successful...

Agree, but I'll add some QBs are always drafted higher than projected because teams are QB desperate.
It's hard to project who might be interested in a rd1 QB, but as I see it,

Cincy is a given
Detroit
Atlanta
LA Chargers
Steelers
Indy
Raiders
Of course us

All might be thinking of the future at the position, so yes, probably 5 or so guys taken in the 1st.

I'll respond to you in like manner... Here goes.

Obviously you have never been considered a #1 NFL pick at the tender age of 18 or you just don't see how Tua by playing this year has hurt his own draft stock and his value to the interested teams. Maybe it's both and that's not being sarcastic... That being honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll respond to you in like manner... Here goes.

Obviously you have never been considered a #1 NFL pick at the tender age of 18 or you just don't see how Tua by playing this year has hurt his own draft stock and his value to the interested teams. Maybe it's both and that's not being sarcastic... That being honest.
Your point just doesn’t make sense. Based on your logic, no college player who might eventually play in the NFL should risk playing in any game because he might get injured and that could effect his draft status or his possible career in the NFL.

I have no problem with players being drafted right out of high school if they are talented enough but the fact is every single football player at every level could have a career ending injury on any given play. That is just the reality of playing the game of football.

If Tua didn’t want to be in the game when his hip was injured, he obviously could have asked to be taken out because Alabama had a big lead at the time. Yet he loves playing the game and he obviously wanted to be in the game when he was injured. The way he was tackled on the play he was injured could happen any time in any game. Bo Jackson was injured on a play where he was tackled from behind and the hit didn’t even look serious at the time he dislocated his hip which eventually ended his football career.

If you want football players to avoid serious injury, outlaw tackling and blocking and just play flag football. Because human bodies are not made to take the punishment of tackle football for an extended period of time without eventually suffering damage.

As far as your statement goes that I’m not bright enough to see that Tua hurt his draft stock by playing this season. The fact is that if he had just refused to play this season and waited for the 2020 draft, his draft stock could have dropped. Because the last game NFL staffs would have seen him in was the Clemson game last year and he wasn’t very good in that game and Hurts had to come in the game before Clemson to help Alabama pull out a win because Tua was not effective in that game Either.

If anything, by playing in 2019 Tua only enhanced his draft status and he will remain a high draft selection if he is medically cleared. If he isn’t cleared medically within the next few months, he can always return to Alabama and wait for the 2021 draft and by then his recovery should be complete. In fact because of the injury this should show him how important getting a college education is. Because he can’t assume football will be there for long. If Tua is smart, he will return to Alabama and get his degree while giving his hip and ankle plenty of time to heal. I have no doubt he will still be a high draft pick in 2021 if he is healthy and waits for a year to enter the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are about 6-8 teams who might draft a QB this year in the first round; only Miami has 3 first round picks. We can gamble a first on Tua. If our guy is not there are at 3 or 4, trade down and pick up more draft capital. With the lower 1st grab a DE or OT, use one of the other lower 1st round picks on Tua.

If not mistaken the Dolphins hired Marvin Allen as the team’s assistant general manager, putting him in a position where he’ll be second in command of the scouting and personnel department.
Flores and throw in Reggie McKenzie and IMO there is a pretty solid looking group put together to advise and help make those critical decisions. But only time will tell........

IMO, I'd be greatly surprised if we picked Tua with our top pick.
Guy will need next year to put all his pieces back together, heal enough and the following year of actual playing in NFL game..... Looking at min. 2022-23 ...don't see that in this organization plans what so ever...

Burrows and Chase gone would think Andrew Thomas odds on favorite JMO
Don't be so sure Chase Young will declare. If he doesn't that will really shake things up. It may be Burrow then Thomas, then what?

Report: Chase Young plans on returning to Ohio State in lieu of entering NFL Draft

To me if Tua is not right after combine (which in my opinion and being a Fooball Coach for USCSB back in California a while back, I would not take the risk because he he will not be right and he stated that himself). We get Herbert later in the 1st round but we also get another QB too (in later rounds 7th)

1st Round
With our 1st pick in the 2020 Draft get a OT (RT/LT Tristian Wirfs IOWA)
With our 2nd pick get an EDGE (Curtis Weaver BOISE STATE)
With our 3rd pick get a QB (Justin Herbert OREGON)

2nd Round
With our 1st pick get a WR (JK Hamler PENN STATE)
With our 2nd pick get a CB (CJ Henderson FLORIDA)

3rd Round
With our 1st pick get a RB (JK Dobbins OHIO STATE)
With our 2nd pick get a DE (Kyle Blackwood MONTANA)

4th Round (We do not have a selection)

5th Round
With our 1st pick get a OT (LT/RT Mekhi Becton LOUISVILLE)
With our 2nd pick get a TE (Mitchell Wilcox, TE, SOUTH FLORIDA)

6th Round
With our 1st pick get a S (Shyheim Carter, S, Alabama)
With our 2nd pick get a G/C (Michael Onwenu G,C, MICHIGAN)
With our 3rd pick get a CB (Lavert Hill, CB, MICHIGAN)

With our 4 pick get a P (Derick Adams, P, KENT STATE)

7th Round
With our last pick in the 2020 draft get a QB (Dalton Sneed QB, MONTANA)

There you have it. Great balance an potential starters. At 7 will be. We have 14 picks so we can do basically anything. We can overload on Defense or Offense. Or a good balance. Next off-season is going to be intriguing and exciting. Hpefully we hit on some.
way to put the time in!

Let's keep things on-topic here without the personal attacks, there's no reason for it. We're all fans here with differing opinions which is normal, you don't have to agree with other posters but you should respect them nonetheless.

Tua and Borrow
Idk if they are best qb but as fur as there college career they are. I think they are more prepared to go to losing team.. than other qb like Love, herbert or Fromm would be better off getting drafted
in 20s.. but u will never know which one will be most successful...
I keep reading Patrick Mahomes comps to Jordan Love. If that is truly how scouts view him, Love could go top 10.

Don't be so sure Chase Young will declare. If he doesn't that will really shake things up. It may be Burrow then Thomas, then what?

Report: Chase Young plans on returning to Ohio State in lieu of entering NFL Draft
Idk why. He is coming out. Every players saw what happened too Tua. Being draft 1 or 2 you cannot get no better than that. Only bad thing about that. You going to sorry team. He was in trouble for receiving money from somebody.

Last edited:
Idk why. He is coming out. Every players saw what happened too Tua. Being draft 1 or 2 you cannot get no better than that. Only bad thing about that. You going to sorry team. He was spent for receiving money from somebody.
Some guys just have different priorities, maybe his is to finish school. Need a good education for plan B, one hit and your career can end.

Back
Top Bottom