Draft Rumors | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors

Via Walterfootball

Ok walters really put his credibility out there on this one...if the prognosis is that bad ekpre olomu wont even sniff the top 4 rounds if he does go higher this fraud will be outed

I wouldnt be surprised if this guys being used to try and draw interest away by someone given the timing of this...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Canes seldom play Wake Forest and that team is televised locally less than any other ACC team so I don't know much about Kevin Johnson. It seems like I remember a very instinctive defender from the Deacons in 2013 when Miami narrowly escaped. Maybe that was him. Of all the teams in the country I seem to bet on Wake Forest games less than anybody else. I've never understood that since most of it is systematic.

I don't doubt that teams are looking for alternatives to Trae Waynes. I'd take Byron Jones above Waynes and even without knowing much about him I'd prefer Johnson.

Rowe of Utah is okay but other players on that team stand out more than he does. I considered him for my 25 player list. He simply doesn't make enough plays. But that roster is good for bargains. Underrated program.

Ok walters really put his credibility out there on this one...if the prognosis is that bad ekpre olomu wont even sniff the top 4 rounds if he does go higher this fraud will be outed

I wouldnt be surprised if this guys being used to try and draw interest away by someone given the timing of this...

In Walter's defense anything they put up usually comes right from a source

I'd be pretty disappointed in the NFL drafting process if I found out NFL scouting departments read Walterfootball.

I'd be pretty disappointed in the NFL drafting process if I found out NFL scouting departments read Walterfootball.

walterfootball not a reliable source? i do not know much on them

The latest via scrotoworld

NJ.com's Mark Eckel passes along a "rumor making its rounds in NFL personnel meetings" of the Eagles trading Sam Bradford to the Browns for the No. 19 overall pick in the draft.

The Browns already offered No. 19 to the Rams for Bradford, prior to his trade to Philadelphia. St. Louis didn't accept because it wanted a quarterback, and wound up acquiring Nick Foles. The Browns are "still said to have interest" in Bradford. Per Eckel, the rumor has the Eagles then sending Nos. 19 and 20 -- plus Mychal Kendricks and Fletcher Cox -- to the Titans in exchange for No. 2 overall, where Philly would select Marcus Mariota. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Friday that Bradford currently believes the Eagles may be planning to trade him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford

Original story: http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/latest_eaglesmarcus_mariota_rumor_involves_fletche.html

If nothing else shows that Kendricks is on the block.

I had Ekpre-Olomu as my 47th pick, based on positive things mentioned about him from his sport's training camp, but looks more like he will be a third or fourth rounder. I feel for the kid as he is great cover man and tackler when healthy. Maybe we take a chance on him in round four and wait for him to get 100% even if he misses a lot of 2015?

walterfootball not a reliable source? i do not know much on them

It's doubtful that people close to the drafting process are willingly risking there jobs to give Walter football content.

So I personally don't think any of these sites or analysis are reliable. 99% of Rumors and hype come from the sports agents or from teams trying to get a player to drop.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

The problem is Bradford isn't going to extend with Cleveland, so I doubt this deal happens.

Also hard to believe Chip will throw in Cox in that deal also, that dude is a stud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chip Kelly has completely lost it if he does that. He makes that trade and he better hope Mariota is a top 10 QB and fast or he will feel the heat. 2 first rounders and 2 of their best defensive players...with Cox most likely be their best defensive player altogether.

Chip Kelly has completely lost it if he does that. He makes that trade and he better hope Mariota is a top 10 QB and fast or he will feel the heat. 2 first rounders and 2 of their best defensive players...with Cox most likely be their best defensive player altogether.

They were discussing this on Philly's 97.5 the Fan today. The Iggs must seem to think this guy walks on water. A Philly reporter is going to try and crash Mariota's family luau in Hawaii if this does go down. I just think there are a lot of questions with Mariota. He looks really thin and could end up being overhyped like Johnny Football, who isn't fast enough or big enough to replicate what he did in college.

Chip Kelly has a bit of that Nick Saban "Has not learned that good college players do not necessarily equal good NFL players" thing going for him.

Hey, at least it would stop the Jets from getting a better QB than Geno. Who am I to argue with that?

They were discussing this on Philly's 97.5 the Fan today. The Iggs must seem to think this guy walks on water. A Philly reporter is going to try and crash Mariota's family luau in Hawaii if this does go down. I just think there are a lot of questions with Mariota. He looks really thin and could end up being overhyped like Johnny Football, who isn't fast enough or big enough to replicate what he did in college.

I like Mariota far more than manziel. Bigger, faster, and has a quick release. And is no spoiled entitled rich kid with a cocaine habit.

Mariotas quick release IMO is being incredibly under appreciated.

Defenses have very little time to react to Mariota especially in Chips system, which is why chip wants him so bad. as a defense you'll have to gamble a lot vs him, and no matter how good you defense is, your going to pay multiple times per game with big plays.

But finding a possible trade partner isn't Miami's only motivation. I'm told talking up Gurley would benefit one of new Dolphins czar Mike Tannenbaum's former proteges.

Gurley happens to be represented by Ari Nissim, who is an agent for Roc Nation Sports. However, Nissim spent eight years as the Jets capologist, working directly with Tannenbaum, playing a major role in the organization's negotiations. He actually served as the Jets' director of football administration before being fired in 2013 when John Idzik replaced Tannenbaum.

I'm told Tannenbaum and Nissim are friends, and still communication. That hints this Gurley-Miami flirtation could be another "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" situation for Tannenbaum, much like the relationship he had with CAA agent Billy Sexton, who helped the Dolphins land Ndamukong Suh.

Either way this Gurley subplot plays out for the Dolphins next week - Miami land Gurley, the Dolphins trade down with a team that wants Gurley, or Miami's interest in Gurley is a smokescreen that benefits a friend and former collegue - Tannenbaum and company have played the game well.

Omar doing a good job connecting some dots here.

I've said it for awhile now, this is why tannenbaum is a good hire, you need guys who are close with the sports agents. If yu don't have that, you end up like Jeff Ireland giving all your teams money to Rosenhaus for scrubs.

The agents are the ones who control what players go where.

one thing is for sure, the 2 teams most interested in moving up for Mariotta are Philly and San Diego. Phillip Rivers has made it quite clear that if the CHaregers are going to LA, he will not be joining them

Back
Top Bottom