Draft Rumors | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors

I left it out cause it didn't happen.

If he's a CB guru...doesn't matter what round they're drafted in they should be solid players regardless. No one seems to be bashing the Seahawks for all their late round CBs...probably cause they have some of the best DBs in the league and outside of Earl Thomas they were all taken in the 4th round or later.

That's a good reason, not sure why it was locked in my head that tannenbaum drafted him.

I still wouldn't rip a GM for missing on late picks just like I don't praise a GM for finding a good player late.

Also need to factor in that was almost 10 years ago, the game has changed, and his understanding of the game, and how to evaluate players has advanced. For better or worse, who knows.

Dawson wins the traditional scouting measures to large extent. His instincts really flash in that defense, making plays in the backfield all the time, often in key situations. But once he flunks the metrics in such lopsided fashion he's going to slide. I'm becoming more and more aware and accepting of that. Same with Perryman, to lesser degree.

I think Dawson scored 13% on those SPARQ numbers, or something ridiculously low like that.

“@RapSheet: #USC WR Nelson Agholor, whose name has been included in the 1st round mix more and more, is visiting the #Dolphins tomorrow.”

Vic Beasley getting some late love from the Jags and Redskins.

LaDanian Tomlinson doesn't believe Phillip Rivers will be on the Chargers next year

I left it out cause it didn't happen.

If he's a CB guru...doesn't matter what round they're drafted in they should be solid players regardless. No one seems to be bashing the Seahawks for all their late round CBs...probably cause they have some of the best DBs in the league and outside of Earl Thomas they were all taken in the 4th round or later.

:lol:

A few months ago, Oregon cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu was in the running to be the top-ranked corner, but then he suffered a knee injury during bowl practice before Oregon's game against Florida State. It was said to be a torn ACL, but team sources I've spoken to say the knee injury was much worse and was along the lines of Marcus Lattimore or Willis McGahee's rather than a simple ACL tear like the one suffered by Georgia running back Todd Gurley or Texas A&M offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi.

Sources say that Ekpre-Olomu tore more than an ACL and there was a variety of damage done to his knee. At one point, there were some teams' medical staffs that were wondering if lingering effects of the injury would force Ekpre-Olomu to retire before every playing again, like Lattimore. However, recent checks have been more positive and teams feel that Ekpre-Olomu has a shot at playing again.

The injury is significant enough, however, that some teams are putting Ekpre-Olomu in their undrafted prospect group. A contact from one team thinks that Ekpre-Olomu could have a shot at going on day three of the draft like Lattimore did, but their team doesn't have a round grade on Ekpre-Olomu because of the medical report. They have Ekpre-Olomu as an undrafted free agent as well.

Via Walterfootball

xXwarXx.... thumbs up for the post.... not for the knee injury issues... poor kid.

My sleeper pick at WR is Paul Browning from Div II Champions CSU-Pueblo. I doubt he will be drafted but he would be worth a look as an UDFA. On last night's news he said the Dolphins were showing the most interest in him.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Widefield grad Paul Browning has another good showing for NFL scouts at CSU-Pueblo pro day
By Joe Paisley

PUEBLO - Paul Browning knew he only had a few minutes to make one last impression on NFL scouts Monday.

The former Widefield High School standout made the most of it during Colorado State University-Pueblo's third annual pro day at the Neta and Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl.

"It's a blessing to get this opportunity," he said. "I know that if I work hard and do what I need to do, I will get my shot."

He performed well during the last of his four scouting events after the Colorado Buffaloes pro day, the regional combine and the super-regional, which was attended by more than 150 NFL coaches, general managers and scouts.

On Monday, Browning improved in three of four drills, making a personal-best vertical jump of 371/2 inches and recording a time of 4.52 seconds in the 40-yard dash and 7.12 in the three-cone drill before scouts from the Broncos, Chiefs, Dolphins and Lions. They took copious notes on the 15 Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference players, including seven ThunderWolves, who participated.

Browning realized he needed to be more than a database entry and make a favorable impression, even if it means just doing the drills correctly.

"They don't have a lot to say, but if you step the wrong way, they write it down," Browning said. "It's all about exposure coming from D2. If you can get one or two scouts to have your back on draft day, that could make all the difference."

The 6-foot-3, 221-pound wide receiver made his mark for the national champion ThunderWolves (14-1) with 636 yards and six touchdowns his final season, despite missing four games with an injured knee. He finished his career with 2,507 yards (16.5 yards average, 24 touchdowns).

Once able to play, Browning showed how important he was to the team, CSU-Pueblo coach John Wristen said. That was one reason he received three awards: outstanding receiver, teammate and leader. He also holds the school 10-yard speed record at 1.63 seconds.

"He has all the measurements they're looking for," Wristen said. "But it is his heart and his leadership that makes him such a special player and person. You don't replace someone like Paul Browning because they don't come along too often."

The program attracted scouts all season, especially senior end Darius Allen, the nation's top small college defensive player, and senior cornerback C.J. Roberts, who was a finalist. The attention is heady stuff for redshirt freshman receiver Austin Meachum.

"It is really exciting for this program when scouts want to come here to get a look at our guys," the Pine Creek High School graduate said. "I look up to all these guys, especially Paul."

It certainly is a good feeling for Wristen, who knows how much this chance means to the seniors.

"It was awesome to see these guys take that next step in their dream," he said.

They will find out during the NFL draft April 30-May 2 or later in free agency if they did enough to garner another look in training camp and continue the pursuit of their dream.

"That's all you can ask for - the opportunity," Browning said.

Videos

CSU-Pueblo football pro day
Widefield High School graduate Paul Browning performs during the , team holds onto picks

"JASON LA CANFORA
CBS Sports NFL Insider

More draft buzz

• Hearing a lot of buzz about Utah corner Eric Rowe. Teams like him a lot more than the media realizes. Maybe not enough to get him all the way into the top 32, but then again much crazier things have happened before.

• I still say UConn's Byron Jones goes Day 1. Too many teams think, at worst case, that he is an impact ranging free safety even if he isn't the cover corner (think Devin McCourty).

• Keep hearing from evaluators who know what they hell they are doing that DeVante Parker is the second-best receiver in the draft, and some think the gap between him and Amari Cooper isn't exactly massive. Not saying he is the second one taken -- Kevin White's measurables probably still make him second to Cooper, but could be more interesting than some think.

• Likewise, the gap between Trae Waynes and some other corners isn't all that great to many people I've talked to. In fact, plenty think Wake Forest's Kevin Johnson might be the best of the bunch. I see him in the top half of the first round as well.

• If you made me do a mock draft right now I don't believe I would have a safety, tight end or inside linebacker in it."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...second-best-wr

Looks like these scouts are finally starting to listen to me about Kevin Johnson :troll:

Back
Top Bottom