Draft Season 🐬🐬🏈🏈 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Season 🐬🐬🏈🏈

j-off-her-doll

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

With the Combine just a couple weeks, and the draft just a couple months, away, it's a great time to check out the Draft Forum. Lots of threads, viewing the draft from different angles, and you'll find some really well-reasoned takes on players and overall draft strategy from a variety of posters 🌴 I encourage you to check them out πŸ₯‚

As many of you know, Slimm retired from FH. Love Slimm, and I miss his rankings and takes, but @fishfanmiami and the staff (or maybe just him - idk tbh πŸ˜…) asked me to that take over for him.

So, I have rankings posted for every positional group - except P, K, and FB. My rankings are different from Slimm's in one key way: they're based on the Miami Dolphins. Most rankings you see will be general and not team-specific, which is understandable given that they're for an audience of fans of 32 different teams. But, it's not the way it works in real life. Brett Veech doesn't care if Trent McDuffie would be good on the Arizona Cardinals or if Creed Humphey would be good on the Tennessee Titans, etc.. With this being a Dolphins forum, I hope you guys will enjoy rankings based on who fits best within Miami's offensive and defensive systems.

I try to understand these players from as many angles as I can. I watch film to see what these guys do well and whether what they do well translates to the NFL; I use production metrics to measure the frequency with which they're successful and to cross-check what I'm seeing (maybe a guy made a spectacular contested catch in one of the games I watched, but it turns out he catches very few of his contested targets); and, I use athletic testing and measurements to cross-check what I'm seeing.

If you have any further questions about the process, please ask πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚ but, again, come check out the draft forum. There's lots of good discussion, as this is the time of year to dream of what could for our beloved Miami Dolphins 🐬

Hey guys!

With the Combine just a couple weeks, and the draft just a couple months, away, it's a great time to check out the Draft Forum. Lots of threads, viewing the draft from different angles, and you'll find some really well-reasoned takes on players and overall draft strategy from a variety of posters 🌴 I encourage you to check them out πŸ₯‚

As many of you know, Slimm retired from FH. Love Slimm, and I miss his rankings and takes, but @fishfanmiami and the staff (or maybe just him - idk tbh πŸ˜…) asked me to that take over for him.

So, I have rankings posted for every positional group - except P, K, and FB. My rankings are different from Slimm's in one key way: they're based on the Miami Dolphins. Most rankings you see will be general and not team-specific, which is understandable given that they're for an audience of fans of 32 different teams. But, it's not the way it works in real life. Brett Veech doesn't care if Trent McDuffie would be good on the Arizona Cardinals or if Creed Humphey would be good on the Tennessee Titans, etc.. With this being a Dolphins forum, I hope you guys will enjoy rankings based on who fits best within Miami's offensive and defensive systems.

I try to understand these players from as many angles as I can. I watch film to see what these guys do well and whether what they do well translates to the NFL; I use production metrics to measure the frequency with which they're successful and to cross-check what I'm seeing (maybe a guy made a spectacular contested catch in one of the games I watched, but it turns out he catches very few of his contested targets); and, I use athletic testing and measurements to cross-check what I'm seeing.

If you have any further questions about the process, please ask πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚ but, again, come check out the draft forum. There's lots of good discussion, as this is the time of year to dream of what could for our beloved Miami Dolphins 🐬

this is great.....you always do an awesome job with the draft so everyone should be looking forward to this.

Hey guys!

Seriously great work and very much appreciated!

Hey guys!

I have seen the draft board, and you're doing an amazing job, but then again, those that know how good you are with draft information can't be too surprised...Thanks for doing this.

rankings based on who fits best within Miami's offensive and defensive systems
Outstanding!

Some may minimize the "fit" of a player into a team or system, and sometimes that's okay, but with regards to OL especially, I think what you are running is hugely important to you who draft. Or vice versa.

I'm not as well rounded on this year's draft offerings yet, but I'll be looking more and more into a few ideas after the FA period is over with. About the only one I am enamored with at this point is JPJ - not only is he the great bass player from Led Zeppelin but will probably be the best we can hope for at pick 21, depending on the Connor Williams situation. I do prefer a reasonable trade down, personally.

Looking forward to making my way through all the takes!

Outstanding!

Some may minimize the "fit" of a player into a team or system, and sometimes that's okay, but with regards to OL especially, I think what you are running is hugely important to you who draft. Or vice versa.

I'm not as well rounded on this year's draft offerings yet, but I'll be looking more and more into a few ideas after the FA period is over with. About the only one I am enamored with at this point is JPJ - not only is he the great bass player from Led Zeppelin but will probably be the best we can hope for at pick 21, depending on the Connor Williams situation. I do prefer a reasonable trade down, personally.

Looking forward to making my way through all the takes!

Appreciate it, Stoobz πŸ™ Still plenty of time to get caught up, and I hope the lists will be helpful to everyone heading into the Combine. And, totally agree about fit. Different systems highlight different strengths and minimize different weaknesses. Speed at RB is particularly important for Miami, and similar offenses, and RAC is especially important at WR - just a couple examples.

Hey guys!

I do have a question but first let me say I love JPJ and would love to have him on our team. Now, lets just say that Wilkins,AVG and Davis all leave as free agents......also keep in mind that Ogbah's as good as gone. Chubb and Phillips probably won’t be ready for week one(Chubb could miss a couple of months. Now lets say we bring back Hunt and Conner Williams.......when you consider all of that, would you still go IOL with your top pick? and if the answer is yes, do you play him at guard so keep Williams at center which is his best position ?

Hey guys!

GREAT stuff, love it! You put a lot of work into it and it shows! :cheers:

Hey guys!

Awesome! Favorite part of football offseason is the draft. You’re the man good sir. Always great reading your draft evaluations.

Back
Top Bottom