Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

I do not consider Henne a bust...just yet. So to me there is no need to reach for a QB....

Sorry to tell you this but Henne is Beck to them now.They will bring someone in that they think is better via the draft or FA or both.

Henne didn't just let down the fan's he p***** off the players and the coach and the GM last year.

Miami didn't lack stability with Wannstedt... the problem was they gave an incompetent front office and coaching staff TOO MUCH stability. Which isn't too far off from what they're accomplishing now....

They were trading away future draft picks trying to "put pieces" around a scrub quarterback... the WRONG guy.

When you get a legitimate franchise quarterback in the fold, all those other holes get a lot smaller... real fast.
Did you consider Marino a legitimate franchise quarterback?

Sorry to tell you this but Henne is Beck to them now.They will bring someone in that they think is better via the draft or FA or both.

Henne didn't just let down the fan's he p***** off the players and the coach and the GM last year.

He is still here so your point is not valid.....

Henne was DRAFTED by them Beck was not.....my point is still valid!

Did you consider Marino a legitimate franchise quarterback?

They played in a superbowl with him didn't they? Without a good team...

Miami had the best team in the league under Wannstedt... the league's leading rusher, the conferences two best pass rushers, two pro bowl caliber cornerbacks, a pro bowl caliber safety, a pro bowl middle linebacker, a young up and coming receiver, etc., etc..

But they couldn't advance because they had a scrub quarterback.. Wannstedt had several chances to address the quarterback position and chose not to. He was more interested in trading away draft picks to "put pieces" around the WRONG guy.

He is still here so your point is not valid.....

Exact same thing the Beck supporters were saying right up until the minute he was cut...

Henne still being here has nothing to do with whether or not they think he's even a starting caliber quarterback... which is why you'll see them addressing the quarterback position this offseason..

They played in a superbowl with him didn't they? Without a good team...

Miami had the best team in the league under Wannstedt... the league's leading rusher, the conferences two best pass rushers, two pro bowl caliber cornerbacks, a pro bowl caliber safety, a pro bowl middle linebacker, a young up and coming receiver, etc., etc..

But they couldn't advance because they had a scrub quarterback.. Wannstedt had several chances to address the quarterback position and chose not to. He was more interested in trading away draft picks to "put pieces" around the WRONG guy.

How many years did we have one of if not the best QB in the NFL and what did it get Miami? Then people complained he had no help.......The Chicken or the Egg?

We did draft him but this may put things into persepctive.....Jay Fiedler....
"Fiedler's stint with the Miami Dolphins featured three 10+ win seasons in four years, two 11–5 seasons in 2000 and 2001, an AFC East title, and two postseason appearances including a victory for the Miami Dolphins. During these years, the Dolphins' offense lagged notably behind its defense, which featured perennial Pro-Bowlers in linebacker Zach Thomas, defensive end Jason Taylor, and cornerbacks Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain. Although Fiedler's team was mediocre, he managed a respectable regular season performance with a respectable record in post-season play while with the Dolphins."

There ya have it

Thats a bit deceiving, the one playoff win was year one of Fiedler when Lamar Smith carried the ball 40 times for over 200 yards in overtime. They then got killed in the next round.

Got killed in the opening round the next year and it went all downhill from there. I don't consider any of that to be respectable and we wasted a pretty good defense.

Talk to Bill Cowher about the value of a franchise QB - Ben Rothslinberger. He was the piece that finally got him and Pittsburgh to win a SB after many years of trying with a talented squad. Bill has been quoted many times about needing that franchise qb to win it all.

i would like to draft ponder, if it has to be at 15, fine... i think if you trade down you really risk losing a shot at a QB. i feel like teams will try to jump us if we trade down

How many years did we have one of if not the best QB in the NFL and what did it get Miami? Then people complained he had no help.......The Chicken or the Egg?

The Chicken...

I'll always take the franchise quarterback and try to get him some help. That's how you become competitive, and stay competitive.

The teams in the NFL with the best quarterbacks is what keeps them competitive even as they have to "rebuild" every few years... your window of opportunity is MUCH larger, and more signficant when you have the franchise quarterback.

You're not going to keep all the pieces of a superbowl caliber team in tact in the era of free agency and salary cap..

Miami is going into year 4 of rebuilding they have one of the best YOUNG defenses with one of the Top DC's in the Game. They have a YOUNG QB who's stats are identical to the Young QB in our division who had better talent on offense, a top running game and one of the best O-Lines in the game.....He also had a veteran defense to keep them in the game. He has a better OC and was not hounded by his coaches even when things went wrong..........

Put Henne in NY and they would have faired the same if not better.

Get him help on offense and our problems could be solved.

Back
Top Bottom