Drew Rosenhaus hints Hartline is close to re-signing? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Rosenhaus hints Hartline is close to re-signing?

I don't see how giving a one trick pony like Mike Wallace all that cash makes sense The guy drops a lot of balls too! if we need a speed wr we can get a guy just as fast if not faster in the draft for far less cheaper ...like marquise Goodwin

Why not both? Get the NFL veteran that will put butts in the seats again and then use a 3rd round pick on Goodwin to learn behind Bess and eventually replace him. Wallace if nothing else is a given to push to sign.

speed guy, Bess is the Man! you don't trade studs for 4th round picks that never gets on the field, and trading players just to be trading players this ain't madden.

A source tells me that if the Dolphins were not sure they could get a deal done with Hartline, they would have not leaked they were close on an agreement. Hartline's deal with the Dolphins might not be "imminent," but the feeling around the league is that it is a done deal. The first to leak the Dolphins & Hartline were nearing a deal was Hartline's own agent Drew Rosenhaus on Ch.7's Sports Xtra. If you have been following me on Twitter & on this post you know the story by Alex Marvez on Hartline while a little more detailed is three days old.

Last but not least, Alex Marvez told 560 WQAM
a little while ago the hold up between Hartline & the Dolphins is guaranteed money. Marvez says Fins & Hartline are very close.

Let Hartline walk please. Get Wallace, leave Bess (he's still a real good slot receiver) and draft a receiver with one of our top 2 picks, then spend another later pick on one.

Mike Wallace/ Deandre Hopkins/ Bess/ Marquess Wilson/ Rishard Matthews sounds pretty sick to me.

Bowe coming off the market probably correlates with Wallace's diminishing flexibility. So yes, Wallace for 9 or 10 mil at most, but not for 11-14, especially considering what Hartline managed to do with no diversionary running mates vs Wallace having Brown to draw the best defenders and schemes away from him. One would have to wonder how well he'd have done in Hartline's place last season. Bottom-line, up to 10 mil, yes on Wallace; beyond that I'd take Hartline a guy who can push the ball down the field and a potentially dynamic running mate for that price

Bowe coming off the market probably correlates with Wallace's diminishing flexibility. So yes, Wallace for 9 or 10 mil at most, but not for 11-14, especially considering what Hartline managed to do with no diversionary running mates vs Wallace having Brown to draw the best defenders and schemes away from him. One would have to wonder how well he'd have done in Hartline's place last season. Bottom-line, up to 10 mil, yes on Wallace; beyond that I'd take Hartline a guy who can push the ball down the field and a potentially dynamic running mate for that price

Are you ready to read what Mike Wallace is likely to get according to an ex sports agent & contract expert? $60M for 5 years range with $30M guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom