DT Gallimore to Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT Gallimore to Miami

I remember he was the mystery recruit from Canada. Tons of buzz, including on CanesInsight, where I posted at the time. The Canes wanted him but I'm not sure he seriously considered it. That was probably still the Al Golden era. Every year he would offer the top defensive tackle prospects but never land any of them.

Gallimore went to Oklahoma and quickly looked like more of an Oklahoma guy than an Alabama guy. Wild and erratic. Not unusual for these mystery recruits. They aren't polished. What I mean by Oklahoma guy is that they'll play with their shirts out and look flashy then next then you know they're getting gashed by Iowa State. Alabama guys are more barrel chested and make the tackle, with little variance from opponent to opponent.

My college images of Gallimore are like that defensive tackle the Dolphins had for a while, Earl Mitchell. Upfield talent but kind of a freelancer.

Basically the polar opposite of Raekwon Davis. But an interesting rotational piece.

I haven't paid much attention to him in the NFL. The Sooners were my boyhood wishbone team so I still follow their games more than others.

I mean at this point is there even any good DT in free agency right now? I don't see how they shore this up in FA. Draft??

I checked a couple of Cowboys forums. They aren't saying much either way about Gallimore, other than he had a serious elbow injury a few years ago and hasn't returned to prior form

Wouldn't be surprised if Miami replaced Wilkins with a bigger DT (in terms of what they prioritize) and they went with cheaper, smaller options to replace Wilkins' disruption.

I do think Jenkins is a fit in just about any defense. I wouldn't go DT in a class that's stronger at OL, though.

Ran a 4.79 at 304. They're going to add a legit NT, but I'm not surprised they're less worried about replacing Wilkins's run-stuffing ability and more concerned with replacing his ability to get in the backfield. Rotational player with upside, and that speed is nice when you're going against some of these AFC QB's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom