DT Gallimore to Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT Gallimore to Miami

Does this signing potentially affect draft compensation for losing FA's or was he previously cut?

This guy is a beast. I was eyeing before free agency. Hoping we would land him.

Grier is killing it.

Honestly I never heard of him. lol.
Was hoping we sign rankins the dt. I think he was with Texans
You're a wild boy. You had me going there for a second lol!!

I remember he was the mystery recruit from Canada. Tons of buzz, including on CanesInsight, where I posted at the time. The Canes wanted him but I'm not sure he seriously considered it. That was probably still the Al Golden era. Every year he would offer the top defensive tackle prospects but never land any of them.

Gallimore went to Oklahoma and quickly looked like more of an Oklahoma guy than an Alabama guy. Wild and erratic. Not unusual for these mystery recruits. They aren't polished. What I mean by Oklahoma guy is that they'll play with their shirts out and look flashy then next then you know they're getting gashed by Iowa State. Alabama guys are more barrel chested and make the tackle, with little variance from opponent to opponent.

My college images of Gallimore are like that defensive tackle the Dolphins had for a while, Earl Mitchell. Upfield talent but kind of a freelancer.

Basically the polar opposite of Raekwon Davis. But an interesting rotational piece.

I haven't paid much attention to him in the NFL. The Sooners were my boyhood wishbone team so I still follow their games more than others.

Earl Mitchell was my exact comp as well. Hey if he's an attacking, disrupting 1 tech that has a place here. Not an every down role, but a role nonetheless.

Solid, but not great.

The most important aspect that I am beginning to see from the acquisitions we have made so far is that we are in a better position to use our upcoming drafts more effectively. This is because of our "beefed up" depth across the weaker areas of our team, assuring we have some level of competency at most of our weaker positions.

This should give us the flexibility to go after the BPA more often and not just be desperately looking for plugs a given positions in the upcoming draft, not to mention having an even greater number of selections in the 2025 draft.

I think we may be looking at the continuous growth pattern we will need to be a contender every year due to "regrouping" and "Tuning-Up" an increasingly competent core of players.

If there are some really good players available at positions of need we can go for them, but if an exceptional player is available at one of our stronger positions, then we have the option to become even stronger at that position. And we can do this without "hurting" at some of our weaker positions because they have already been beefed up.

Keep in mind that there are also often one or two good surprises with players we bring in who end up performing "beyond" expectations.

I see this season more as a "regrouping" and a "tune up", as opposed to a rebuild.

Time will tell.

Solid, but not great.

The most important aspect that I am beginning to see from the acquisitions we have made so far is that we are in a better position to use our upcoming drafts more effectively. This is because of our "beefed up" depth across the weaker areas of our team, assuring we have some level of competency at most of our weaker positions.

This should give us the flexibility to go after the BPA more often and not just be desperately looking for plugs a given positions in the upcoming draft, not to mention having an even greater number of selections in the 2025 draft.

I think we may be looking at the continuous growth pattern we will need to be a contender every year due to "regrouping" and "Tuning-Up" an increasingly competent core of players.

If there are some really good players available at positions of need we can go for them, but if an exceptional player is available at one of our stronger positions, then we have the option to become even stronger at that position. And we can do this without "hurting" at some of our weaker positions because they have already been beefed up.

Keep in mind that there are also often one or two good surprises with players we bring in who end up performing "beyond" expectations.

I see this season more as a "regrouping" and a "tune up", as opposed to a rebuild.

Time will tell.
We've now got 4 cheap DTs on the roster. We only need 2 to stick.

Wilkins replacement for now.
Camp body. He will compete but here’s the write up on him:

The explosive, yet stoutly built, interior lineman struggled in both phases of the game and rated as the 120th DT in the NFL last season, per PFF (out of 127). His run defense was especially abysmal, earning a 36.4 score, third worst in the NFL in 2022. The film and the numbers support the grades.

Camp body. He will compete but here’s the write up on him:

The explosive, yet stoutly built, interior lineman struggled in both phases of the game and rated as the 120th DT in the NFL last season, per PFF (out of 127). His run defense was especially abysmal, earning a 36.4 score, third worst in the NFL in 2022. The film and the numbers support the grades.
Maybe like you said brother in case we can't get enough help in the draft or UDFA's. :ffic:

Maybe like you said brother in case we can't get enough help in the draft or UDFA's. :ffic:
It sounds like he’s a bowling ball, an old school Nose tackle, at 6’1 300 lbs, sometimes those guys are a little hard to grade. I hope we get a bigger Nose as well for rotation. We need 4 edge and 4 interior players for a proper rotation, so all of these cats are going to competing to be part of that. Inside, I think we need beef. Michael Pierce from the Ravens is their zero tech and he is 6’ 345 lbs. So if we can get a player like that, that would be fun. In the draft, T’ Vondre Sweat is 6’4 360 lbs (at least), McKinnley Jackson 6’1 331 lbs, Justin Rodgers 6’3 346, one of those guys would be fun!

If things fall right:

-our front 7 can actually be more effective with our interior line backing corps already upgraded with Jordyn Brooks and Anthony Walker to go along with David Long.
-If we can get some beef in the middle in terms of the players like the ones mentioned above to go along with and compete with Gallimore
-OF course, we still have the excellent Zack Sieler
-Losing Gink hurts, and we’ll have to see if Barret will have healed a bit more one more year removed from his knee injury, getting Chubb an Phillips back will keep a solid pass rush going
-Poyer will be nice to pair with Holland
-There should be enough cap space available especially if they restructure Tyreek to make a move at corner for a player to play opposite of Ramsay, but i know we’ll get to see what Cam Smith can do and maybe Bonner.

Point is, Defense should be just fine this year…

SuperBowl here we come!
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

seems like a raekwon davis replacement as opposed to a wilkins replacement. question is is he even good enough to fill raekwon davis shoes or do we need someone else more proven at the position?
we might draft a DT as well

Back
Top Bottom