DT Gallimore to Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT Gallimore to Miami

I remember he was the mystery recruit from Canada. Tons of buzz, including on CanesInsight, where I posted at the time. The Canes wanted him but I'm not sure he seriously considered it. That was probably still the Al Golden era. Every year he would offer the top defensive tackle prospects but never land any of them.

Gallimore went to Oklahoma and quickly looked like more of an Oklahoma guy than an Alabama guy. Wild and erratic. Not unusual for these mystery recruits. They aren't polished. What I mean by Oklahoma guy is that they'll play with their shirts out and look flashy then next then you know they're getting gashed by Iowa State. Alabama guys are more barrel chested and make the tackle, with little variance from opponent to opponent.

My college images of Gallimore are like that defensive tackle the Dolphins had for a while, Earl Mitchell. Upfield talent but kind of a freelancer.

Basically the polar opposite of Raekwon Davis. But an interesting rotational piece.

I haven't paid much attention to him in the NFL. The Sooners were my boyhood wishbone team so I still follow their games more than others.
Thank you for your insight!

From what I recall he was forced to play 1 tech a lot in Dallas without much success.

More of a finesse player than a plugger

I remember he was the mystery recruit from Canada. Tons of buzz, including on CanesInsight, where I posted at the time. The Canes wanted him but I'm not sure he seriously considered it. That was probably still the Al Golden era. Every year he would offer the top defensive tackle prospects but never land any of them.

Gallimore went to Oklahoma and quickly looked like more of an Oklahoma guy than an Alabama guy. Wild and erratic. Not unusual for these mystery recruits. They aren't polished. What I mean by Oklahoma guy is that they'll play with their shirts out and look flashy then next then you know they're getting gashed by Iowa State. Alabama guys are more barrel chested and make the tackle, with little variance from opponent to opponent.

My college images of Gallimore are like that defensive tackle the Dolphins had for a while, Earl Mitchell. Upfield talent but kind of a freelancer.

Basically the polar opposite of Raekwon Davis. But an interesting rotational piece.

I haven't paid much attention to him in the NFL. The Sooners were my boyhood wishbone team so I still follow their games more than others.

Yeah, despite his speed, I wasn't high on him coming out, but I think Miami is getting him at the best he'll ever be (27 years old), and he is interesting in a D like Baltimore employed last year, with a ton of stunts and twists, paired with simulated pressures. For depth money, assuming that's his range, I like it.

Animated GIF
Jersey# 00

Last name: Meh

They're both average players who play basically the same way so yeah he's Davis replacement. Don't know what you don't get

They don't play the same, and Davis is relatively slow - 5.12 - and 4 inches taller.

They are both rotational players, but Gallimore has more upside, potentially playing in a role that better suits his skillset. Davis has already played his role for years.

I think he's just depth. He had 16 tackles this past season and played in every game so I'm not looking for him to be a starter
seems like a raekwon davis replacement as opposed to a wilkins replacement. question is is he even good enough to fill raekwon davis shoes or do we need someone else more proven at the position?

Back
Top Bottom