Dumervil a bronco/Update: Dumervil CUT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dumervil a bronco/Update: Dumervil CUT

so hes a patriot then. wonderful

How F'd up are they...man if that was Ireland this place would go b.s.

Imagine had Miami done this instead of Denver....media wouldn't never let anyone forget it. I'm sure they'll let Denver off the hook.

With or without Dumervil, are the Broncos going to lose against the Patriots in the AFC Championship game? I don't think so.

They can afford to lose him to us. We'll gladly take him, thanks.

No the contract was not signed he was just released!!!!!!

It wasn't the Broncos fault, it was Dumervil and his agents.. They had a deadline that if he didn't get the contract in by a certain time the Broncos would have to pay him 12 million dollars. They were protecting themselves which is smart.

This sounds like a paperwork error - I imagine they'll say sorry Elvis and he'll just re-sign?

Contract not filed in time: Dumervil released
The Broncos did not file RE Elvis Dumervil's new contract in time, and he has been released.
Denver had until 4PM ET to submit the new deal to the league office, but they simply didn't get it in before the deadline because Dumervil didn't get his signature on the document until 4:07PM. The two sides had agreed to slash Dumervil's salary from $12 million to $8 million, so there is an agreement. We tentatively expect Dumervil to re-up with the Broncos, but he's now open to see what else is out on the market. It's doubtful Dumervil would find $8 million anywhere else, considering what Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett have signed for in recent days.

Back
Top Bottom