DW set off | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DW set off

inFINSible said:

it's pretty simple. The only thing the players say about him is that "he's a nice guy". While that is all fine and dandy, it doesn't make for good hC credentials normally. Guys like that don't command the "respect" they need to be truly effective. How many times has he ever really gone off on his players anywhere? it's not often he does and is just an exception rather than the rule. The guy doesn't have to be an absolute total prick, I don't mean that but he's not one of the no BS types like Parcells, BB and such. Now while this "new tactic" is good, it won't last cuz that's just not the way he is. That is why we even heard about it cuz it's so "un-Dave-like"! ;)

Wanny did say that he told Wayne when he came in as an assistant to Jimmy Johnson that he thought the team needed to hire a General Manager so the Head Coach could actually concentrate on Coaching instead of everything else. I look for a new Wanny this year. I started to notice a change in him towards the end of last season. You could really tell when he would do the after the game press conferences and the day after press conferences.

GO FINS

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
wow davey got mad and finally did somethign about it...is anybody else surprised that he finally stareted yelling

Well that's GREAT, but sure isn't the 1st time he's yelled at his players.

Oliver...

DeDolfan said:
it's pretty simple. The only thing the players say about him is that "he's a nice guy". While that is all fine and dandy, it doesn't make for good hC credentials normally. Guys like that don't command the "respect" they need to be truly effective. How many times has he ever really gone off on his players anywhere? it's not often he does and is just an exception rather than the rule. The guy doesn't have to be an absolute total prick, I don't mean that but he's not one of the no BS types like Parcells, BB and such. Now while this "new tactic" is good, it won't last cuz that's just not the way he is. That is why we even heard about it cuz it's so "un-Dave-like"! ;)
Vermeil is a nice guy.

But, my point is, why read this article or thread and then go " pfff, won't last." The guy is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't by some people. If his back is to the wall and he KNOWS this is his last chance, you don't think that just maybe he might come out swinging this year???

Nah, just condemn and dismiss anything that doesn't fit into your pre conceived notion of "who" Dave Wannstedt is. :rolleyes:

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
wow davey got mad and finally did somethign about it...is anybody else surprised that he finally stareted yelling
Wannstedt is Wannstedt......if your expecting a lightbulb to go off for him after ten years of head coaching your reaching......he is what he is, and frankly its not enough..............

MDFINFAN said:
the title change does give one time to plause and think. He's focus now on one job, and don't have to defend who was brought in. He can now claim, I didn't bring them in and coach.

You've been reading my stuff again, haven't you? ;)

BlueFin said:
Wannstedt is Wannstedt......if your expecting a lightbulb to go off for him after ten years of head coaching your reaching......he is what he is, and frankly its not enough..............

If a Dolphin "homer" wears "aqua and orange colored glasses," what metaphorical accessory would apply here ... a paper bag? :shakeno:

How about this ... now that he's "just" a coach, he can air it out a bit more.

Furthermore, consider that the years of good positive relations he has built with his players could make it more likely that they'll give him more when he lays into them now.

Just try to imagine Wanny holding up the Lombardi as a HC...LMAO, just think about it folks, then snap back to reality. I'm having a hard time even picturing that.

CirclingWagons said:
Just try to imagine Wanny holding up the Lombardi as a HC...LMAO, just think about it folks, then snap back to reality. I'm having a hard time even picturing that.

Gregg Williams would probably try to eat it.

Well i welcome some fire from Wanny.He needs to be very vocal and very demanding. That is the first step.Now if he can just get the exicutuon of the players stuff down.

DrAstroZoom said:
If a Dolphin "homer" wears "aqua and orange colored glasses," what metaphorical accessory would apply here ... a paper bag? :shakeno:

Furthermore, consider that the years of good positive relations he has built with his players could make it more likely that they'll give him more when he lays into them now.
hmmm.........wow.......brilliant, or..............

Maybe his message has worn thin after four years of not getting it done and it goes in one ear and out the other?

DrAstroZoom said:

Whats more logical? Expecting a head coach to be what hes proven to be over the course of ten years of head coaching or..................

Thinking that a metamorphasis will strike Wanny and make him a new man after all these years?

Wake up, Wanny is set in his ways, whatever leadership qualities he has have already been displayed.

inFINSible said:
Vermeil is a nice guy.

But, my point is, why read this article or thread and then go " pfff, won't last." The guy is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't by some people. If his back is to the wall and he KNOWS this is his last chance, you don't think that just maybe he might come out swinging this year???

Nah, just condemn and dismiss anything that doesn't fit into your pre conceived notion of "who" Dave Wannstedt is. :rolleyes:

And Vermeil is a more strict disciplinarian also. The reason I go "pfff" is because of Wanny's own track record. That tells me enough and while I could be wrong about it, the "odds are" that I won't be. BB bombed out in Cleveland but learned from his own mishaps and corrected course. Wanny has not shown that ability and is running the same trend as in Chicago. It's nice to be all optimistic and such about Wanny but IMO, I won't be until he demonstrates any ability that he'll do better and so far he hasn't. I'm afraid alot of ppls "blind optimism" is due to the fact that he's no longer the GM, has not control over personell and all he has to do is coach. While that may be true, his GM duties in the past has never interferred with his game day coaching duties. Wanny the GM had nothing to do with Wanny the HC sitting on a meager halftime lead and turning it over to the D instead of going for the jugular. These things, IMO, will not change by itself and altho minute, perhaps, are often the difference of being just a good team and a true champion. But Wanny knew that his back was against the wall the last 2 seasons and the fact that Huizenga extended him a couple more years does not send the roght message in that regard. But do you believe in miracles?
That's what it will take. For me to think anything differently about Wanny, he has to get us to the AFC game at a bare minimum.
But, no. i don't know "who" Dave Wannstedt is, I just know what he does. BIG difference!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom