Dwayne Jarrett Blows It | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwayne Jarrett Blows It

Yep. A lot of good WR's ran slow times. Hell, the best of all time ran a high 4.6. But Jarrett's issue is seperation. You man up on him and he's done. At 4.67 he's going to struggle to do that consistently. He's not a big moves guy at the LOS.

Plus he had an extra month to train and he still shat the bed. Jarrett is notoriously lazy and his work ethic is very questionable. This won't help.

Isn't he very strong though? Shouldn't that aid him in gaining seperation with a bit of NFL coaching? Not saying USC coaching is inferior, but his technique would surely get more attention from an NFL coaching staff. He has great hands which is more than can be said for some of our receivers.

We need playmakers on offense, plain and simple. Guys that can make BIG plays for us.

41 touchdowns and he still had 1 more year of eligability

I'd say 41 tds = playmaker regardless of his 40 time
Didnt say he wasnt a playmaker, just was pointing out the obvious that we need playmakers. Some of the best playmakers in the league have been guys that didnt run great 40's in the pre draft workouts. I personally dont really know what to think of Jarrett. I liked what i saw in games, and i saw some run after the catch ability and all, but, his slow times do raise some concerns on that part of his game.

Whats with these lazy guys from SC. First Mike Williams, then Lendale White, now Jarrett. Watch Booty get his booty up to 260 next year.

Isn't he very strong though? Shouldn't that aid him in gaining seperation with a bit of NFL coaching? Not saying USC coaching is inferior, but his technique would surely get more attention from an NFL coaching staff. He has great hands which is more than can be said for some of our receivers.

I don't think he's that strong. I don't see a guy strong enough to beat that tough press coverage. Watch how guys play off him at USC. When a DB gets in is face, generally, he really struggles. Yes he made plays at USC and he has good hands, but I don't see it. He's not a great route runner and whilst he can go up and grab the ball, I'm not sure how succesful he'll be.

And as for us picking him at 40......you have to think how much longer you plan on playing Booker and what you think of Hagan. Don't see it.

Of course now, he'll be a Hall of Famer.

Who cares? I want us to take Ginn with our top pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Ernest Wilford is right.

214? Was that the weight he played it? I thought he was a tad bigger but might be wrong.

Jarret does catch alot of balls tho. However the Dolphins need speed and I hope we trade with Detroit and get Calvin Johnson

Didnt say he wasnt a playmaker, just was pointing out the obvious that we need playmakers. Some of the best playmakers in the league have been guys that didnt run great 40's in the pre draft workouts. I personally dont really know what to think of Jarrett. I liked what i saw in games, and i saw some run after the catch ability and all, but, his slow times do raise some concerns on that part of his game.

THATS MY POINT he is a playmaker and i agree with you that is what we need.

YOU WANT CONCERNS...HOW ABOUT ONLY 15 TDS IN 3 YEARS BY TED GINN AS A WIDE OUT...Thats a concern when you consider the talent he will be playing against will be much better in the NFL.

Cant forget the 6 punt returns and 2 kickoff returns in 3 years
hardly the playmaker everyone is going ga-ga over plus his lack of red zone production(only 6 passes thrown to GINN in the red zone in 3 years)NOT TOUCHDOWNS ...6 PASSES THROWN HIS WAY IN THE RED ZONE

THIS SHOULD BE A CONCERN TO EVERYONE ON THE GINN BANDWAGON
LOVE FEST!!!

THATS MY POINT he is a playmaker and i agree with you that is what we need.

YOU WANT CONCERNS...HOW ABOUT ONLY 15 TDS IN 3 YEARS BY TED GINN AS A WIDE OUT...Thats a concern when you consider the talent he will be playing against will be much better in the NFL.

Cant forget the 6 punt returns and 2 kickoff returns in 3 years
hardly the playmaker everyone is going ga-ga over plus his lack of red zone production(only 6 passes thrown to GINN in the red zone in 3 years)NOT TOUCHDOWNS ...6 PASSES THROWN HIS WAY IN THE RED ZONE

THIS SHOULD BE A CONCERN TO EVERYONE ON THE GINN BANDWAGON
LOVE FEST!!!

How many rushing TDs for OSU in the red zone by comparison?

And we wouldn't be drafting Ginn to be a red zone threat.

Back
Top Bottom