Dwayne Jarrett Blows It | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwayne Jarrett Blows It

THATS MY POINT he is a playmaker and i agree with you that is what we need.

YOU WANT CONCERNS...HOW ABOUT ONLY 15 TDS IN 3 YEARS BY TED GINN AS A WIDE OUT...Thats a concern when you consider the talent he will be playing against will be much better in the NFL.

Cant forget the 6 punt returns and 2 kickoff returns in 3 years
hardly the playmaker everyone is going ga-ga over plus his lack of red zone production(only 6 passes thrown to GINN in the red zone in 3 years)NOT TOUCHDOWNS ...6 PASSES THROWN HIS WAY IN THE RED ZONE

THIS SHOULD BE A CONCERN TO EVERYONE ON THE GINN BANDWAGON
LOVE FEST!!!

You do know Ginn was a cornerback going into college right? He had little knowledge of the WR position when he began playingso his first couple seasons he had to learn a completly new position. Ginn probly has the most potential as far as how good he can be, if a WR coach can teach him to run routes, he'd be a menace.

THATS MY POINT he is a playmaker and i agree with you that is what we need.

YOU WANT CONCERNS...HOW ABOUT ONLY 15 TDS IN 3 YEARS BY TED GINN AS A WIDE OUT...Thats a concern when you consider the talent he will be playing against will be much better in the NFL.

Cant forget the 6 punt returns and 2 kickoff returns in 3 years
hardly the playmaker everyone is going ga-ga over plus his lack of red zone production(only 6 passes thrown to GINN in the red zone in 3 years)NOT TOUCHDOWNS ...6 PASSES THROWN HIS WAY IN THE RED ZONE

THIS SHOULD BE A CONCERN TO EVERYONE ON THE GINN BANDWAGON
LOVE FEST!!!
:lol: C'mon...Jarrett's problem is he doesn't get separation or is strong enough to get off the line of scrimmage. There is no way he is going to make it in the NFL. He will get shut down. Don't you know anything about football? Football is all about your time in the 40!

For example, against Texas in the championship game following the 2005 season against a secondary that included Michael Huff, Aaron Ross, Tarell Brown, Cedric Griffin, and Michael Griffin he was only able to get 10 catches 122 yards 1 TD. Then against Michigan in the Rose Bowl this past year when he went up against a secondary that included the top CB prospect in this year's draft (Leon Hall) he only had 11 catches 205 yards 2 TD.

What are you thinking? Clearly, if Ginn was playing he would have had 20 catches 500 yards and 7 TD "EACH GAME"...of course, that is in addition to his 3 punt returns for TD and 2 kickoff returns for TD. Oh yeah, these numbers would be much better but Ginn played CB in high school.

:lol: C'mon...Jarrett's problem is he doesn't get separation or is strong enough to get off the line of scrimmage. There is no way he is going to make it in the NFL. He will get shut down. Don't you know anything about football? Football is all about your time in the 40!

For example, against Texas in the championship game following the 2005 season against a secondary that included Michael Huff, Aaron Ross, Tarell Brown, Cedric Griffin, and Michael Griffin he was only able to get 10 catches 122 yards 1 TD. Then against Michigan in the Rose Bowl this past year when he went up against a secondary that included the top CB prospect in this year's draft (Leon Hall) he only had 11 catches 205 yards 2 TD.

What are you thinking? Clearly, if Ginn was playing he would have had 20 catches 500 yards and 7 TD "EACH GAME"...of course, that is in addition to his 3 punt returns for TD and 2 kickoff returns for TD. Oh yeah, these numbers would be much better but Ginn played CB in high school.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL SON?

FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT YOUR 40 TIME AS FAR AS YOUR CONCERNED

I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR YOU

JERRY RICE

You may not be old enough to remember him!!

I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR YOU

JERRY RICE

I think he was being sarcastic about the 40 time.

I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR YOU

JERRY RICE

:goof: seriously though the differance between Rice and Dwayne, is Rice knew how to get seperation agianst press coverages, It has been proven that dwayne cannot get get any seperation if his man is in his face

You should look at Jarrett's cone and shuttle drills too. The 40 isn't the only thing that hurts him.

Not to mention, you say Jerry Rice, but players weren't as fast when he came out, and JR had one of the best work ethics to boot. DJ has nowhere near the conditioning or drive that Rice had.

You should look at Jarrett's cone and shuttle drills too. The 40 isn't the only thing that hurts him.

Not to mention, you say Jerry Rice, but players weren't as fast when he came out, and JR had one of the best work ethics to boot. DJ has nowhere near the conditioning or drive that Rice had.

From Yahoo Sports
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nf...lt=Ai8_AUt7Ys63Tgawpv64MaFDubYF?urn=nfl,27734
USC wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett ran between 4.60 and 4.65 in the 40-yard dash during USC's pro day on Wednesday...Jarrett also had a 36.5-inch vertical, 4.18 short shuttle, 7.22 3-cone and 10'1" broad jump. Jarrett's times were recorded on an outdoor FieldTurf surface and most of the scouts in attendance seemed to feel as if his overall workout was solid and should not have much effect either way on his final draft grade.

The one player that did shut down Jarrett by jamming him at the line and being physical was Chris Houston. He totally dominated Jarrett off the ball, not allowing any separation. If Jarrett does not improve on that, he will not amount to anything but a #2 or #3 possession receiver in the league. That being said, he does have the skills, moreso than Mike Williams did. Jarrett is just a much better all around player.

As for the comment on the Texas defense, i think as individuals the Texas kids are extremely talented athletically. But as a unit of "football players" at times last year, they were horrible. They gave up 323 yards passing to Kansas State, 320 yards passing to Baylor, 302 yards passing to Nebraska, and 519 yards passing to Texas Tech. For the season they gave up about 240 yards passing a game. For a team with a secondary getting such high praise for studs in their secondary, that is a lot of yards.

You don't even have to go to Jerry Rice. Marquis Colston ran like a 4.55 and that was enough to land him in the late 7th round even though he had a successful shrine game and college career (then again he was from a small school so that sorta had a lot to do with it :/).

The one player that did shut down Jarrett by jamming him at the line and being physical was Chris Houston. He totally dominated Jarrett off the ball, not allowing any separation. If Jarrett does not improve on that, he will not amount to anything but a #2 or #3 possession receiver in the league. That being said, he does have the skills, moreso than Mike Williams did. Jarrett is just a much better all around player.

As for the comment on the Texas defense, i think as individuals the Texas kids are extremely talented athletically. But as a unit of "football players" at times last year, they were horrible. They gave up 323 yards passing to Kansas State, 320 yards passing to Baylor, 302 yards passing to Nebraska, and 519 yards passing to Texas Tech. For the season they gave up about 240 yards passing a game. For a team with a secondary getting such high praise for studs in their secondary, that is a lot of yards.

Thank you, I was wondering when someone would post Jarrett v. Houston. I mean, Houston owned Jarrett and totally exposed him like no other reciever was exposed last year.

And as for Ginn, there are 40s and then there are 40s. Ginn is the latter. World class speed is not just fast, its insane. Barry Sanders/Dion Sanders/Bo Jackson type stuff. And not just that, but the ability to go from still to full speed in a step, make insane cuts and breaks doing it, and still be able to catch the football.

Ginn is NOT a big redzone target, he is a classic flanker, a burner, a field stretcher. The reason OSU didnt throw to him much in the redzone was 1)OSU tends to run the ball in the redzone 2)Ginn was drawing double teams allowing the other recievers to get open.

Sorry, Jarrett is overrated. Pedestrian speed, lack of seperation, extreme vulnerability to the press. No thanks. Think of a slower but better handed Chambers, thats what we need :rolleyes: He is about my least favorite receiver out of the first/second round prospects.

Thank you, I was wondering when someone would post Jarrett v. Houston.

you serious? you must of not read any threads on Jarrett. that match up gets brought up 100 times in every jarrett thread and including the Tedd Ginn one.

every WR has a game where hes shut down.

And as for Ginn, there are 40s and then there are 40s. Ginn is the latter. World class speed is not just fast, its insane. Barry Sanders/Dion Sanders/Bo Jackson type stuff. And not just that, but the ability to go from still to full speed in a step, make insane cuts and breaks doing it, and still be able to catch the football.

Ginn is NOT a big redzone target, he is a classic flanker, a burner, a field stretcher. The reason OSU didnt throw to him much in the redzone was 1)OSU tends to run the ball in the redzone 2)Ginn was drawing double teams allowing the other recievers to get open.

If Ginn has a knock it would have to be his hands. He doesnt possess good hands comming out of college, but it doesnt mean he cant develope them. Right now hes basically just a kick returner. And if youve watched any of his TDs there mostly straight line runs, he doesnt make any "insane" cuts like a reggie bush, he just darts in a line and no one catches him. His speed is without a doubt his best attribute but he still hasnt registered a 40 time since injuring his foot in the championship game. I see Ginn more as a dante hall just minus the "insane" cuts that dante makes. He will never be a good WR, but will excel at punt/kick returns. He doesnt run routes well except those that are go routes and doesnt possess a good set of hands.

Anquan Boldin ran a 4.72 at the combine. I think Jarrett is a physicaly dominant WR. Speed isn't his game. I think him dropping to the second round would be great considering we don't draft a WR prior to him.

4.3 guys that year? Tyron Calico, Kevin Curtis, Bethel Johnson, just to name a few from a quick search.

Back
Top Bottom