Dwayne Jarrett Blows It | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwayne Jarrett Blows It

Anquan Boldin ran a 4.72 at the combine. I think Jarrett is a physicaly dominant WR. Speed isn't his game. I think him dropping to the second round would be great considering we don't draft a WR prior to him.

4.3 guys that year? Tyron Calico, Kevin Curtis, Bethel Johnson, just to name a few from a quick search.

Boldin and Jarret are 2 completely different recievers in my opinion. Boldin is a run after the catch guy which Jarret really isnt. Jarret doesnt maul over CBs, he cant even seperate from one. Jarret is 6-5 210 and Boldin is 6-1 230. Boldin consistently breaks tackles which I have not seen from Jarret nor I think he can do once hes a pro

He doesnt run routes well except those that are go routes and doesnt possess a good set of hands.
He might never be a Hines Ward, but you can teach a guy how to run routes well if u have a half decent WR coach

Yep. A lot of good WR's ran slow times. Hell, the best of all time ran a high 4.6. But Jarrett's issue is seperation. You man up on him and he's done. At 4.67 he's going to struggle to do that consistently. He's not a big moves guy at the LOS.

Plus he had an extra month to train and he still shat the bed. Jarrett is notoriously lazy and his work ethic is very questionable. This won't help.

sounds like williams to me.

Boldin and Jarret are 2 completely different recievers in my opinion. Boldin is a run after the catch guy which Jarret really isnt. Jarret doesnt maul over CBs, he cant even seperate from one. Jarret is 6-5 210 and Boldin is 6-1 230. Boldin consistently breaks tackles which I have not seen from Jarret nor I think he can do once hes a pro

agreed, but what do you think the likes of Orande Gasdsen ran? im sure keyshawn ran in the 4.6s. specially late in his career. there are plenty of WRs that run the 4.6 range in the NFL. marques colston ran in the high 4.5s. WRs that know how to use their body and have great hands cant succeed in the NFL at a slow speed. it gets proved over and over again. ****, chad johnson ran in the 4.5s coming out, and hes considered a deep threat

4.67 and 4.63 forty at 6-4, 214.
I like Jarrett but this only means he willbe there in the 2nd rd and some team will take him b4 our pick allowing a great OL prospect to fall in our laps. That would be ideal. I like Jarrett but I realize we need speed on offense otherwise I would look at him as a possibility in rd 2.

agreed, but what do you think the likes of Orande Gasdsen ran? im sure keyshawn ran in the 4.6s. specially late in his career. there are plenty of WRs that run the 4.6 range in the NFL. marques colston ran in the high 4.5s. WRs that know how to use their body and have great hands cant succeed in the NFL at a slow speed. it gets proved over and over again. ****, chad johnson ran in the 4.5s coming out, and hes considered a deep threat

It's true Chad Johnson ran a slow time at the combine and that's why his draft stock fell. However, Bengals WRs coach, Steve Mooshagian, said he timed Johnson in a series of 4 40s at 4.36, 4.38, 4.42 and 4.43.

Ocho Cinco??

That very one.

Looks like Jarrett's stock is dropping fast. That said, he could be a nice bargain as a possession WR for use in jump-ball end zone situations in the late 2nd or 3rd round. And I'm sure with a little coaching up, he can do better with separation.

mike williams ran his 40 faster than dwayne jarrett.

not that speed is everything but jarrett also lacks quickness and he's not very strong so he will have problems getting off the line against physical CB's (as he did with chris houston). this is why keyshawn said he wasn't ready and should stay in school.

btw, boldin ran hurt at the combine. he ran 4.45 at his proday.

Back
Top Bottom