Dwayne Jarrett Blows It | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwayne Jarrett Blows It

:Then against Michigan in the Rose Bowl this past year when he went up against a secondary that included the top CB prospect in this year's draft (Leon Hall) he only had 11 catches 205 yards 2 TD.

Clearly you didn't watch that game or you would have know that they only matched up sparingly throughout the contest.

As for the Texas game, flip it on again and see how they played press on him.

Oh no.

Wait.

They didn't.

:goof: seriously though the differance between Rice and Dwayne, is Rice knew how to get seperation agianst press coverages, It has been proven that dwayne cannot get get any seperation if his man is in his face

The difference is that Jerry Rice was one of the finest route runners in history, had incredible hips, played faster than he timed - Jarrett doesn't play faster - and was very strong, especially in his hands. Rice as a child spent summer after summer working with his father, catching bricks. His hand strength and thus his ability at the line of scrimmage, was immense. And if all that wasn't enough, he was arguably the hardest working player off the field of the modern era. Some of those workouts that he and Roger Craig used to do in the hills around San Fran are the stuff of legend.

41 touchdowns and he still had 1 more year of eligability

I'd say 41 tds = playmaker regardless of his 40 time

So what? That was in college. Hagan set receiving records in the PAC 10 and some of you think he's a bust already and are quick to discount his college career.

So what? That was in college. Hagan set receiving records in the PAC 10 and some of you think he's a bust already and are quick to discount his college career.

Mate, common sense isn't allowed in the non pay forums. You should know that.

How many rushing TDs for OSU in the red zone by comparison?

And we wouldn't be drafting Ginn to be a red zone threat.

No, your right we wouldn't want anyone to score us touchdowns in the red zone. Then why would we be drafting Ginn? because he can return kicks... who cares our last kick returner wasn't even drafted and was more then ok.

I say we draft Jarrett in the second round, and bring back a player like O. Gadsden. Except Jarrett is a lot faster!!!

By the way what were Jarrett's other numbers like 3 cone drill, Vertical, 10 yard dash. For a wide out like jarrett you can get by with a slow 40 if you have good acceleration as measured by the 3 cone drill and also if you can totally out jump any defender.

No, your right we wouldn't want anyone to score us touchdowns in the red zone. Then why would we be drafting Ginn? because he can return kicks... who cares our last kick returner wasn't even drafted and was more then ok.

I say we draft Jarrett in the second round, and bring back a player like O. Gadsden. Except Jarrett is a lot faster!!!

By the way what were Jarrett's other numbers like 3 cone drill, Vertical, 10 yard dash. For a wide out like jarrett you can get by with a slow 40 if you have good acceleration as measured by the 3 cone drill and also if you can totally out jump any defender.

Why draft Jarrett, a split end, when you already have 2 on the roster?

His 3 cone was very slow, slower than Doug Free's, who is 100lbs heavier. The vertical was 37.5

It sounds like this guy should be a TE not a WR. Doesn't he have weight issue too?

DJPRO_200JPG-1.jpg

I don't think he's that strong. I don't see a guy strong enough to beat that tough press coverage. Watch how guys play off him at USC. When a DB gets in is face, generally, he really struggles. Yes he made plays at USC and he has good hands, but I don't see it. He's not a great route runner and whilst he can go up and grab the ball, I'm not sure how succesful he'll be.

Actually Jarrett has pretty good strength as you can see from this picture. Jarrett’s problems with press coverage are not strength related; it rather has a lot to do with hand technique. USC coaches seemed to have been more focused on putting him in motion to create mismatches than instructing him on how to beat press man coverage he rarely faced. While he will always lack that explosive burst off the line... I think he can be coached up on the proper use of hands.

What is interesting is how Dwayne Jarrett fits right in with how Cam Cameron prefers his wide receivers big and physical with a lot of timing routes to them. I can see plenty of fade routes in the back of the end zone (with Jarrett and his long arms and leaping ability) which we never seemed to run in 2006. And Jarrett has really improved his blocking which is something the Dolphins have looked for in recent years in its starting wide receivers. And no one can question his toughness going over the middle and his great ball security.

But he doesn't have the speed to separate against NFL cornerbacks or polished routes for that matter one might think. But Jarrett knows what his game is. Get him at the Z position or in the slot in motion and he can be deadly. Why? Because of not only his size but the way he uses it with some outstanding body control. It is his best trait next to his hands. It is the third way to get separation at any level of the game. And once Jarrett has the ball he is a load to tackle... partly why he has a higher career YPC than Ted Ginn.

I do not have Jarrett as a high to mid first round draft choice in value. But if we don't get Ginn, and he is there at 40 you should pull the trigger on him.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Player/photo/DJPRO_200.JPG

Actually Jarrett has pretty good strength as you can see from this picture. .

That shows me that Jarrett has big guns. Doesn't mean he's strong. He's not fucntionally football strong.

As for featuring in Miami's system, where do you play him? We're set at split end, the best position for Chambers is the slot and we need a flanker. Jarrett isn't a flanker.

Back
Top Bottom