Early 53 man roster | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early 53 man roster

Reading through the posts.....Was Bobby McCain really not on your original 53? Our starting nickel LOL. Amazes me with as much day to day coverage we have now people don't even know who starts
Coach Gase has said repeatedly that Bobby McCain has had a good Training Camp. Practicing every single day against Jarvis Landry, who maybe the best slot receiver in the NFL, has made Bobby better. Some days he has actually beaten Jarvis, He is a competitor - perhaps one of the most underrated players on the team (and yes, as a starter, he makes the roster).
BTW - in 2015 Draft, Miami selected Bobby McCain, Jay Ajayi and Tony Lippert in the 5th round. Kudos to the scouts and front office on some really good value drafting.

I see them keeping 5 or maybe 6 CB's ... you can never have too many really. My guess would be McTyer. Not sure where the extra spot comes from but there are many players at the end of these lists that are very expendable. I also expect Rey Maluga to bounce Reilly off the LB spot.

Also, I fully expect us to add at least one cut from another team. It could be an interior OL, or TE, CB, LB or even DT really.

I'm thinking if we keep 7 lbs the last 2 are gonna be lacy and Reilly although I wouldn't rule out Sylvester over lacy if he gets a bump in game reps Thursday. Maybe Reilly is cut for Sylvester and lacy cause they are both better athletes for specials.

Miami though only wants to worst case have to play Timmons, ray, Alonso, Hewitt and hull on defense.

I'm very happy with the first team pivot play of brendel in the ravens game.

On the perry td run nice cross face block by Asiata and 2nd level by the Uva kid. Center steen jacked back into the backfield immediately off the ball.

Last edited:
Worst first team offensive grade Jesse davis.
Worst first team defense grade mike hull.
Other two lowest grades for guys Miami is carrying or might be separate from specials lbs we have to carry Sam young and Anthony steen.

I have to royally disagree that Mike Hull had the worst 1st team defense grade. He did his assignment. Too easy to blame him... In my opinion, T.J Mcdonald played worst.

I would keep Avery Young and dump Sam Young, also find a way to keep Praise Martin Oguike on the roster. That list of defensive linemen sure looks good...

I would keep Avery Young and dump Sam Young, also find a way to keep Praise Martin Oguike on the roster. That list of defensive linemen sure looks good...
Sam Young got beaten on multiple plays the other night, but I strongly doubt that he gets dumped.

I'm thinking if we keep 7 lbs the last 2 are gonna be lacy and Reilly although I wouldn't rule out Sylvester over lacy if he gets a bump in game reps Thursday. Maybe Reilly is cut for Sylvester and lacy cause they are both better athletes for specials.

Miami though only wants to worst case have to play Timmons, ray, Alonso, Hewitt and hull on defense.

I'm very happy with the first team pivot play of brendel in the ravens game.

On the perry td run nice cross face block by Asiata and 2nd level by the Uva kid. Center steen jacked back into the backfield immediately off the ball.
I respect your opinion but I thought Lacey looked awful the other night. I would have zero regrets in cutting him.
BTW - Agree with you re Jake Brendel - he has been a pleasant surprise. I think he makes the roster.

OK, give me some idea of how good our offensive tackles are in relief. We have Sam Young, Avery Young and Eric Smith vying for a spot on the team. Compare each to ex-Fin, Jason Fox.

Are the three >, = to or < Jason Fox? And is Sam the best of the three?

Or just set all four in a line equation, ie:

Sam Young > Eric Smith > Avery Young > Jason Fox (this about right?)

Back
Top Bottom