Edwards and Warrick are released... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards and Warrick are released...

Warrick is a good player he just got hurt again and the Bengals are sick of paying him so much when he is always hurt.

Edwards came to us last year, cut, went to the Rams, didn't do much, cut, and know cut again. He must obviously either be a very hard player to discipline or teach the play schemes of being a defensive back or else someone would've latched onto him. His only upside would be that he would come cheap & is young, could still be very raw, but come on how many teams will give you a shot before they weed you out of the talent they have. He must be an under-achiever or not anything special. He'll wind up on the Bears!

warrick i think would not be a bad idea to bring him in the guy has all kinds of speed maybe compete for the 3rd string wr.

Warrick is still on the Bengals, I think the author of this thread is just speculating the likely. He's slated to play this weekend.

He's a speed guy with good hands. He's just been in the wrong system his entire career, & now that the right system that is vertical comes around he's been ailing.

I'd pick him up without thinking twice about it & drop Thompson.

Warrick is a pretty good reciever. Unfortunately, we have no need for more depth at WR. So, pass.

Warrick ended up on IR last year with a shin injury. The shin is still causing him problems, as well as his knee. And he missed practice on Wednesday due to a hamstring problem.

He's a decent player. Certainly a bust. Wouldn't be a bad 5th WR. But right now he's damaged goods.

As a punt returner, he gets a lot of glory, mostly due to his college career. But in five seasons, Warrick's averaged 9.7 yards per return. Welker averaged 10.8 last year. Warrick has 6 career returns over 20 yards. Welker has 7 already. Warrick does have 2 TDs though. But Warrick doesn't return kickoffs, whereas Welker does and can take it to the house.

Welker isn't the fastest or most sudden guy. But he's got outstanding vision and instincts as a return man. He's deceptively effective. And as someone mentioned on the site, he seems to be becoming our Wayne Chrebet this preseason. We'll see if he can continue to improve as a receiver.

why all the talk about a wr i know ours is no randy moss or TO and still need to catch a deep ball running instride but we need help at cb more than wr imo qb and cb is what we need to be looking 4 :shakeno:

Muck said:
Warrick ended up on IR last year with a shin injury. The shin is still causing him problems, as well as his knee. And he missed practice on Wednesday due to a hamstring problem.

He's a decent player. Certainly a bust. Wouldn't be a bad 5th WR. But right now he's damaged goods.

As a punt returner, he gets a lot of glory, mostly due to his college career. But in five seasons, Warrick's averaged 9.7 yards per return. Welker averaged 10.8 last year. Warrick has 6 career returns over 20 yards. Welker has 7 already. Warrick does have 2 TDs though. But Warrick doesn't return kickoffs, whereas Welker does and can take it to the house.

Welker isn't the fastest or most sudden guy. But he's got outstanding vision and instincts as a return man. He's deceptively effective. And as someone mentioned on the site, he seems to be becoming our Wayne Chrebet this preseason. We'll see if he can continue to improve as a receiver.

I agree. Wes Welker will definately be our 3rd-4th WR this season. But we have NOONE more capable than Peter Warrick (even if he is legally blind in one eye like Terry Kirby-isn't he?) to compete for the 5th WR/KR/PR spot do we?

whomever said PW was overrated in college is a complete idiot. congratulations for knowing nothing about football.

Back
Top Bottom