Egnew might get cut? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew might get cut?

pnayan

Rookie
Reaction score
From mando's article...

I've talked to two players the past three weeks that told me they don't see Egnew, a rookie last year, making it out of training camp next year."He should have been cut this year," one told me.
That doesn't account for Egnew learning to block and learning his assignments better and getting stronger and faster this offseason. But another player I spoke with said none of that will ultimately matter with the former third round draft pick.
"He's a p---y," the second player said. "He's not a football player."
It does not end there. I talked to Former Dolphins OLB/DE Kim Bokamper about Egnew the week before the season ended. He also said he does not believe the kid will ever be a factor. He's seen enough.
"You look at his body, look at his hips, he's built strange," Bokamper said. "He's not built like an NFL tight end. I had to cover tight ends and deal with tight ends my entire career and I never saw one built like that."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#storylink=cpy

Brandon Marshall for. A 3rd was a steal.

3rd round gold right there LOL pretty harsh and sad that his teammates look at him like that

Here is my stance on the Marshall Trade:
1) I understood why Marshall was jettisoned because he was bad teammate.
2) The lack of a backup plan to replace Marshall's production was irresponsible. Whether it was by free agency, trade or the draft, not having a plan to replace your lead receiver was awful.
3) A pair of third rounders are of decent value. However, Egnew had no business going when he did. IF TY Hilton was selected and showed promise, I think the fan base would be fine with the trade.

Guy was a bust. Couldn't get on the field. His only highlight was getting his ass chewed out repeatedly on Hard Knocks. Try again Ireland.

Damn... Philbin can't be happy with guys calling out teammates like that.

That being said, I fully believe that eggnew will be gone next season. Reminds me a lot of what happened with Ginn. Once teammates start viewing you as a wuss, you are done as a football player.

Come on guys. Stop blaming Ireland. It's all Parcells fault plus, Ireland's only been in Miami 5 years...."he deserves 6 more years"....plus all the bad picks were Parcells and the good picks(Pouncy and Tannehill) were his picks....plus "he's got money and picks"....so expect more wasted money and picks.

Ozzy rules!!

This one will hurt since we passed on Hernandez, Gronk, Dickson and Pitta in the 2010 draft and the year we do decide to pick a TE we end up with Egnew

Here is my stance on the Marshall Trade:
1) I understood why Marshall was jettisoned because he was bad teammate.
2) The lack of a backup plan to replace Marshall's production was irresponsible. Whether it was by free agency, trade or the draft, not having a plan to replace your lead receiver was awful.
3) A pair of third rounders are of decent value. However, Egnew had no business going when he did. IF TY Hilton was selected and showed promise, I think the fan base would be fine with the trade.

Exactly I didn't have a problem with 1) and I still don't

My criticism lies in points 2) and 3) as well. Point 2) was a complete failure by Ireland and point 3) was a stretch and there was much better potential to be had at that pick.

I'm not as down on Ginger as most for his drafts but this one strengthens their case - based on numerous comments and other reports, it's hard to find a reason why he was drafted. What Kim said alone should be a red flag to not draft him, especially in the 3rd.

I think he wanted Allen and was left scrambling after the Colts got greedy and drafted 2 TEs early like that.

Back
Top Bottom