Egnew might get cut?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pnayan, Jan 9, 2013.

1. pnayan

pnayan Rookie

From mando's article...

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#storylink=cpy

2. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

Brandon Marshall for. A 3rd was a steal.

3. bcsupratt

bcsupratt Well-Known Member

3rd round gold right there LOL pretty harsh and sad that his teammates look at him like that

4. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Who?

5. hoops

hoops exited stage left

hoops shoots....he scores

6. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

Tells me all I need to know.

7. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Here is my stance on the Marshall Trade:
    1) I understood why Marshall was jettisoned because he was bad teammate.
    2) The lack of a backup plan to replace Marshall's production was irresponsible. Whether it was by free agency, trade or the draft, not having a plan to replace your lead receiver was awful.
    3) A pair of third rounders are of decent value. However, Egnew had no business going when he did. IF TY Hilton was selected and showed promise, I think the fan base would be fine with the trade.

8. OKFinFanJ

OKFinFanJ Active Member

Guy was a bust. Couldn't get on the field. His only highlight was getting his *** chewed out repeatedly on Hard Knocks. Try again Ireland.

9. hoops

hoops exited stage left

pretty sad...can only imagine what his nickname in the lockerroom is...probably a lot worse than what i dubbed him...buttercup

10. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Damn... Philbin can't be happy with guys calling out teammates like that.

That being said, I fully believe that eggnew will be gone next season. Reminds me a lot of what happened with Ginn. Once teammates start viewing you as a wuss, you are done as a football player.

11. xXwarXx

xXwarXx A True Fan

Thank god Ireland has all these picks to fix our needs, working out great so far.

12. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

Come on guys. Stop blaming Ireland. It's all Parcells fault plus, Ireland's only been in Miami 5 years...."he deserves 6 more years"....plus all the bad picks were Parcells and the good picks(Pouncy and Tannehill) were his picks....plus "he's got money and picks"....so expect more wasted money and picks.

Ozzy rules!!

13. pnayan

pnayan Rookie

This one will hurt since we passed on Hernandez, Gronk, Dickson and Pitta in the 2010 draft and the year we do decide to pick a TE we end up with Egnew

14. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Exactly I didn't have a problem with 1) and I still don't

My criticism lies in points 2) and 3) as well. Point 2) was a complete failure by Ireland and point 3) was a stretch and there was much better potential to be had at that pick.

15. GCD960

GCD960 A True Fan

I'm not as down on Ginger as most for his drafts but this one strengthens their case - based on numerous comments and other reports, it's hard to find a reason why he was drafted. What Kim said alone should be a red flag to not draft him, especially in the 3rd.

I think he wanted Allen and was left scrambling after the Colts got greedy and drafted 2 TEs early like that.

16. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Hilarious that the rest of the team thinks that low of him

17. z926538

z926538 Rookie

The scary thing about this is that Egnew has been widely rumored to be a Philbin pick, not an Ireland pick. This doesn't engender confidence in the notion that Philbin will be advising Ireland on the draft.

18. Slim

Slim VIPeezy

Good. I hope he gets cut. There are more Egnew threads on this board than threads about any of our starters.

Every year this fanbase becomes obsessed with one lame-excuse for a player.

I saw everything I needed to see from that guy on hard knocks when he was practically crying during film study. He's not mentally tough enough for this game.

19. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

For this guy to be drafted where he was selected means our scouting department has some serious personnel problems.
    It was rumored that this guy was a Philbin pick..I have a hard time believing it because it falls under Ireland track history in the 2-4 rounds.
    He just can't pick the gold from the fool's gold.
    Man..the players comments if true...the guy is done in the NFL. Another bobby Carpenter.

20. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

Is the guy REALLY that bad?

21. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

Mike Sherman "If I were a General Manager I would cut you" Hardknocks... All I had to hear

22. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Ireland really struggles evaluating the skill positions, its the reason I'm not very confident heading into the offseason with this team.

23. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i'm thinking it's reshad jones that called him the p word...ha ha

tell em reshad

24. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

unacceptable. you can't miss this bad in the 3rd round. 3rd rounders need to contribute in some sort of way.

25. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

what a waste of talent!! the guy could of been a beast

26. madridfinfan

madridfinfan Rookie

Hello Jared Cook and Eifert/Ertz.

27. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Hasn't it been said time and time again that Egnew was a Philbin pick? Maybe it's time to listen to the sources and believe what we're told. Makes sense considering how bad Ireland wanted Hilton from the Colts in that Vontae trade. I guess we won't know until Ireland is eventually fired, but either way if that was a Philbin pick I wouldn't let him make another pick in 2013. Terrible pick from whoever ultimately decided he was worthy.

28. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

We had 2 chances to get TY Hilton in the third round. I'm still steamed over that one.

29. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Morons running this team.

30. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

31. SizzlingFins04

SizzlingFins04 The Futures of the NFL

**** if a teammate calls me a pu$$y id cut myself from the team.

32. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

If he was a Philbin pick, I doubt Joe is the least bit proprietorial or precious about cutting him.

That's assuming things are as Mando is reporting them. They've cut other players pretty mercilessly. I'm surprised Egnew is as bad as he's being made out and he's still in camp, esp with the TE coach we have and an unsentimental HC and OC.

But if it's true more than one of his teammates are calling him a p***y, the writing is on the wall.

33. jlfin

jlfin old pro

I've never seen so much over reaction in my life. Every year NFL network airs a show on greatest busts. There are plenty of "blue chip" players taken in the top 5 that bust as well as every other round.
    Everyone knows the draft is a bit of a gamble. Fact is, Egnew, has all the measurables (ht, speed) and the team had a need. They were wrong in their projection of him. End of story. Time to move on.

34. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

People make bad draft choices it happens with every GM and coach that has ever had a job. Sometimes you just miss, it happens. To say if he picked Egnew he should have no infulence in the future is stupid.

Apparantly Joe felt he badly needed a TE for his offense and on draft day pushed for one with that pick. I suspect everyone panicked when the Colts decided to take two tight ends and they just took the well regarded by most "experts" Egnew wrongly believing it to be a safe pick.

The consesnus at the time (not with Hoops lol) was that egnew was a good pick.

35. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

I was just making a point. If Ireland can get bashed for him not hitting on all his picks than why isn't anyone holding Philbin accountable for making quite possibly the worst pick in the draft? Not defending Ireland because he's playing with bonus time right now and should have been gone with Sparano.

36. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

I have a hard time believing a player is going to refer to a teammate by name and refer to him like that. So a draft pick doesn't make it onto the field his first year. Its not he first time that has occurred. If Egnew doesn't make the cut then of course that is another wasted pick. Disappointing but that class still has the potential to be a nice draft.

37. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

I really hope you mean our worst pick because Egnew certainly wasnt the worst pick in the draft. It didnt work out this season but on draft day Egnew was a solid third round TE in most peoples eyes.

38. z926538

z926538 Rookie

The problem here is that when you have been mediocre for as long as the Dolphins have been you don't have the luxury of being able to miss on your second and third round picks. The sustained mediocrity means that you have a large number of starters on your team who are not getting the job done and need to be upgraded. So first round picks must be able to contribute immediately as starters in key positions. Second and third round picks must also contribute immediately as starters. Every time you miss you compound and extend the mediocrity.

39. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Obviously our worst pick. No one should care what other teams do or don't do with their picks. This is about the Miami Dolphins and the mistakes they have made. Like the pick or not, on draft day there were far better prospects at other positions of need, WR is just one example, and we failed miserably.

40. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

That's crazy to think Egnew could be so bad that they're ready to cut the guy after 1 season! Les Brown sounds like he was a better option that's unbelievable.

41. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

Damn the dude took it straight to *****. They gotta cut him. That is worse that just being soft.

42. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

might??!! MIGHT?!!!

43. slickrickpuppy

slickrickpuppy Well-Known Member

he has a weird looking built and you can tell he's soft.

44. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Wow I would hope our lockerroom was a lot tighter than this. The real p--sy is the guy that blatantly called his team mate out and then decides to leave his name out. If you are going to call a team mate out I would hope he would be enough of a man to at least use his name. Who is this guy anyway a practice squader, for all we know he is another player that didn't see the field this entire year. This is the NFL, however it is becoming too common that players rip teammates and then choose to remain anonymous. NFL players do not contribute their first year all the time, some end up busting out of the league, but to me the real shame is the lack of unity in the lockerroom.

45. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

The 2011 Dolphins WR core that included BM caught 2 more passes and gained 10 more yards than the 2012 Dolphins WR core without him.

2011 Brandon Marshall and 3 other WR's combined for 169 ctaches for 2319 yards (13.72 ave) with 10 TD's

2012 9 Dolphins WR combined for 167 ctaches for 2309 yards (13.82 ave) with 3 TD's

While the yards are fairly close the TD production was missed. But if RT17 hits a few of those bombes we are talking about some pretty close numbers.

46. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree, what a wasted pick...extremely sad.

47. Irishfinfan1

Irishfinfan1 Well-Known Member

What an over reaction by so many posters. I remember Soliai (a 4th round pick) in his 1st year was fat a useless, and for a few years after that. Lets see how it shakes out, if Egnew is a bust fair enough but the change from 1st to 2nd year and 2nd to third year can be huge. In pre season Egnew made one or two catches, one of which was amazing concentration, his approach to the off season is going to be critical. If he does turn out to be a bust we will know then, but we don't know now regardless of what unnamed sources say.

48. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

lol...Eggnog is getting ripped to shreds....hilarious.

People are saying there is an overreaction to Hard Knocks but his facial expressions were bizarre. If he's a puss, get him the hell off the team. Pretty bad when the position coach has more balls than the player.

49. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

He can't play. He's got the brook trout look.

50. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

Even worse when your coach is clueless. Apparently, if finheaven posters, kim, and two ******* who didnt want their names to come out know more
    than philbin, than you really cant have much confidence in philbin now can you?

I guess the only real question here, is how much longer will philbin go on looking like an idiot.