Egnew might get cut? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew might get cut?

I took a look at the Patriots game again. Egnew played every snap down the stretch in our final full possession, middle of the 4th quarter. Tannehill never looked his way but at least Egnew displayed some energy and seemed to improve later in the possession. He made one nice dip move to the inside when split right. Twice he was stationed in the backfield to block. That didn't look formidable. He was jostled by the shoulder the first time and was sent spinning.

I don't think we'll connect on that pick but I wouldn't throw him away minus one more preseason of exploration. Jump and snag potential against undersized defensive backs. I saw him do that several times in college.

I took a look at the Patriots game again. Egnew played every snap down the stretch in our final full possession, middle of the 4th quarter. Tannehill never looked his way but at least Egnew displayed some energy and seemed to improve later in the possession. He made one nice dip move to the inside when split right. Twice he was stationed in the backfield to block. That didn't look formidable. He was jostled by the shoulder the first time and was sent spinning.

I don't think we'll connect on that pick but I wouldn't throw him away minus one more preseason of exploration. Jump and snag potential against undersized defensive backs. I saw him do that several times in college.
He's got the brook trout look...never a good thing.

was shocked we took Egnew. Watched his college games and saw nothing truly special there. Cant block his own shadow and cant use his speed. Never broke big plays but did catch alot of balls his junior season but was below average after reception. would have taken Orson Charles all day over this stiff

You probably did see it reported in the local media. That's because every time Ireland has a major bust he's straight away leaking stories about how everybody but him was responsible. The local beat writers will print any old rubbish that their in-the-know insider feeds them. It's one of the ways Jeff has survived half a decade of mediocrity
post of the decade!!!!!!

If Stephen Ross were to have his nose rubbed right in to these facts he'd have to fire Ireland just for his sanity. What kind of scouting is that? How can you even look at that guy and think that would work?

Back
Top Bottom