Egnew might get cut? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew might get cut?

I've never seen so much over reaction in my life...They were wrong in their projection of him. End of story. Time to move on.

between trades, FA and the draft how many "end of story time to move ons" is ireland going to get?

aside from the lack of fluidity and hips, the guy can not hold on to the ball. FUMBLE MACHINE. proof is out there. games are your resume and his says "I will fumble if you hit me."

hoops shoots....he scores

i beat ya.. I posted this on day after draft april 29 2012

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...olston&p=1064302181&viewfull=1-post1064302181

electrolyte said:
Egnew sucks. I hated this pick with a passion. I would have rather gone into the year with Clay/Fasano and taken a TE in the much later rounds or free agency.

He will be out of the NFL in a few years.

He couldn't even get good separation in the college level...
He can't block
He is not an elite athlete
He has no power or explosiveness

I really hated this pick. Basically we took a TE because we needed one and the Colts took Fleener and Allen.....leaving us with this guy, not because he was worth it.

Fasano is better than Egnew.

Last edited by a moderator:
The assessment means nothing to me given the way the Fins judge talent. He'll probably go to NE and score 11 TD's next season as a hybrid TE.

Great pick? Huh? What the hell were you watching?

A four-year starter for the Dolphins and was consistently one of the better 3-4 ends in the game. Don't know what more you could reasonably ask for in a third-round pick at the position. That's why he got paid by the Rams.

Gates didn't show much of anything this season and also displayed durability issues. If anything, his first season in New York further convinced me the Dolphins didn't lose anything when they cut him. That's not a black mark on Ireland or Philbin.
It's a black mark on Ireland because he drafted him.

A four-year starter for the Dolphins and was consistently one of the better 3-4 ends in the game. Don't know what more you could reasonably ask for in a third-round pick at the position. That's why he got paid by the Rams.
I wouldn't call that a great pick. Russell Wilson in the third round is a great pick. A mediocre defensive end in the third round is not a great pick.

Back
Top Bottom