Egnew might get cut? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew might get cut?

Interesting article on Egnew:

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2012/3/5/2844918/michael-egnew-nfl-draft-2012

Says he was projected for Round 2 after the 2010 season, then Gabbert left, he crapped the bed in 2011 which then left him to be projected as a fourth or fifth rounder (the eighth best TE coming out). Basically says what you all have been saying...no hips, can't block lineman, etc.

Did Ireland and his scouts fall asleep for a year? Geesh.

Wow I would hope our lockerroom was a lot tighter than this. The real p--sy is the guy that blatantly called his team mate out and then decides to leave his name out. If you are going to call a team mate out I would hope he would be enough of a man to at least use his name. Who is this guy anyway a practice squader, for all we know he is another player that didn't see the field this entire year. This is the NFL, however it is becoming too common that players rip teammates and then choose to remain anonymous. NFL players do not contribute their first year all the time, some end up busting out of the league, but to me the real shame is the lack of unity in the lockerroom.

I agree with this post. For all the talk by these players about the NFL being a brotherhood and looking out for each other, it has become increasingly clear that it really is every man for himself or at least the "money" guys vs. the league minimum guys. Where are the leaders on this team? Instead of calling the guy a p_ssy behind his back to a scumbag reporter with an agenda, call him a p_ssy to his face and then be a leader and offer to help him out. Instead of going on vacation this winter, help him out with his studies, live in the gym, etc. etc.

Also, I am having trouble finding all threads back in April that said never draft a TE from Missouri. Can anyone help me out?

Interesting article on Egnew:

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2012/3/5/2844918/michael-egnew-nfl-draft-2012

Says he was projected for Round 2 after the 2010 season, then Gabbert left, he crapped the bed in 2011 which then left him to be projected as a fourth or fifth rounder (the eighth best TE coming out). Basically says what you all have been saying...no hips, can't block lineman, etc.

Did Ireland and his scouts fall asleep for FIVE years? Geesh.

fixed

Great Job Ireland...A useless acorn this guy is.

I love wasted draft picks...

If this happens. Pat white, Edmund Gates. Patrick Turner, Shawn Murphy,Aj Edds, all drafted in first 4 rounds and gone in exactly a year
and Egnew would join them. ALL huge misses. You cannot afford to get no production at all and the have to cut picks from these rounds.

Like I've said a million times, a GM should be judged on hits and misses. Ireland has missed a lot more then he's hit, so I don't know why the hell he's still our GM!!!!!

Like I've said a million times, a GM should be judged on hits and misses. Ireland has missed a lot more then he's hit, so I don't know why the hell he's still our GM!!!!!

Nah, the difference between good GMs and bad GMs is just luck...:rolleyes2:

Only the Dolphins would have a Chicago Bears Ballboy as their GM

That made me seriously lol. The 10 year experiment to see why ballboys don't make good GMs

Apparently nobody wants to help Egnew BECAUSE he's a *****

Then there is a lack of leadership on this team and our problems run deeper than a CB, WR, TE, etc.
All players depend on other players in football. If there is talent there, it should be mined, not beaten to dust. Again, the players that out other players to the media and don't stand behind it are the "******."

Last edited by a moderator:
Then there is a lack of leadership on this team and our problems run deeper than a CB, WR, TE, etc.
All players depend on other players in football. If there is talent there, it should be mined, not beaten to dust. Again, the players that out other players to the media and don't stand behind it are the "******."

Calling teammates out like this is something that is to be expected from organizations like the Jets, not the Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if Mando breaks a story we don't like he's a moron, a terrible journalist and we shouldn't pay any attention to him. If he breaks one that some people here want to be true, we should all believe it as gospel?

It's very concerning when a teammate calls another teammate a name like that. Between that, Sherman ripping him a new one in Hard Knocks, being inactive pretty much all season and us fans jumping down his throat, Egew's morale has to be pretty low. And if anyone thinks that any teammates are going to help him now you're sadly mistaken. The players are all on their various vacations. They could care less about football right now.

So, if Mando breaks a story we don't like he's a moron, a terrible journalist and we shouldn't pay any attention to him. If he breaks one that some people here want to be true, we should all believe it as gospel?

No. Breaking news in football is the announcement of a starting QB; a new injury to a key player; a major trade or transaction, you know things like that. This is not a breaking story. This is yellow journalism at its finest just for a few extra clicks. But it's the off season and Mando needs something to do. I'm okay with that. My problem is the player(s) calling out one of their own to the media and remaining secret. That is the very definition of *****.

Back
Top Bottom