Egnew might get cut? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew might get cut?

I'm more down on Egnew now than after preseason. In August at least he made a couple of plays. We used him over the middle. Didn't look totally out of place athletically, even if he had some drops. Heck, we got rid of Donald Lee for a few drops and he went on to have a nice career including one nice contract and one nice ring. That was one of my early battles on Finheaven, supporting Donald Lee in the face of near unanimous calls for his dismissal.

Egnew looked abysmal in the final two regular season games. That's the troubling aspect. Months to improve and if anything he seemed worse. We didn't even have confidence to use him like a standard tight end. I attended the Buffalo game and saw Egnew dash onto the field, the crowd rejoicing. We split Egnew far left in a decoy role and he was so slow and lumbering off the line that the defender marking him turned his head as if to see if he should vacate and help out elsewhere. Egnew wasn't a threat. Defending Egnew, at least out there, required no more than half speed or attention.

During the Patriots game you could see the woeful frame. I think I described it as strangely placed cavities. My point of reference was Egnew's upper body. Luckily I never bothered to check lower, the hip area that Kim Bokamper ridiculed.

What was the selling point, actually, if Egnew has poor feet, hips, torso and a pouty face? Maybe Missouri for due for a tight end to connect. I keep reading that Missouri tight ends always flop. I guess I'm one of the few posters old enough to remember the original Kellen Winslow's school.

He sounds like a dip head. Lamar Miller isn't exactly Mensa himself, as a Canes fan pointed out in another thread I sampled recently. Tannehill doesn't know if the Chiefs are in the NFC East or the NHL. I don't get it. Seems like you're unnecessarily regulating your own upside. I keep looking at this roster and wondering what the high water mark could possibly be? Joe Thomas, now he could draft. I was in elementary school and had no idea it wouldn't always be that way. Guys like Dick Anderson, Bill Stanfill, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, Jake Scott, they would show up and from the first press interview it stood out how sharp they were. Now I watch those guys get drafted elsewhere. One of the reasons I've supported Reggie Bush is I've long known how well spoken, passionate and team oriented he is, even if he was a bit too family oriented at my school USC, causing a bit of trouble with the NCAA, or so I'm told.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I'm more down on Egnew now than after preseason. In August at least he made a couple of plays. We used him over the middle. Didn't look totally out of place athletically, even if he had some drops. Heck, we got rid of Donald Lee for a few drops and he went on to have a nice career including one nice contract and one nice ring. That was one of my early battles on Finheaven, supporting Donald Lee in the face of near unanimous calls for his dismissal.

Egnew looked abysmal in the final two regular season games. That's the troubling aspect. Months to improve and if anything he seemed worse. We didn't even have confidence to use him like a standard tight end. I attended the Buffalo game and saw Egnew dash onto the field, the crowd rejoicing. We split Egnew far left in a decoy role and he was so slow and lumbering off the line that the defender marking him turned his head as if to see if he should vacate and help out elsewhere. Egnew wasn't a threat. Defending Egnew, at least out there, required no more than half speed or attention.

During the Patriots game you could see the woeful frame. I think I described it as strangely placed cavities. My point of reference was Egnew's upper body. Luckily I never bothered to check lower, the hip area that Kim Bokamper ridiculed.

What was the selling point, actually, if Egnew has poor feet, hips, torso and a pouty face? Maybe Missouri for due for a tight end to connect. I keep reading that Missouri tight ends always flop. I guess I'm one of the few posters old enough to remember the original Kellen Winslow's school.

He sounds like a dip head. Lamar Miller isn't exactly Mensa himself, as a Canes fan pointed out in another thread I sampled recently. Tannehill doesn't know if the Chiefs are in the NFC East or the NHL. I don't get it. Seems like you're unnecessarily regulating your own upside. I keep looking at this roster and wondering what the high water mark could possibly be? Joe Thomas, now he could draft. I was in elementary school and had no idea it wouldn't always be that way. Guys like Dick Anderson, Bill Stanfill, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, Jake Scott, they would show up and from the first press interview it stood out how sharp they were. Now I watch those guys get drafted elsewhere. One of the reasons I've supported Reggie Bush is I've long known how well spoken, passionate and team oriented he is, even if he was a bit too family oriented at my school USC, causing modest trouble with the NCAA, or so I'm told.

Tannehill doesn't know if the Chiefs are in the NFC East or the NHL. I don't get it

I love how this is supposed to be a surrogate marker for a person's intelligence.
I know you are trying to use this statement for effect, but this statement is simply dumb.

How about the fact that he is 3 time all Academic Big 12.
I don't put stock in the Med School aspirations since those are simply aspirations, but the kid made good grades in school and is by all accounts intelligent. Yet you continue to parade around his apparent knowledge of the NFL divisions taken out of context in a private conversation with a team mate as some sort of trump card for intelligence.

GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK

Joe Thomas, now he could draft. I was in elementary school and had no idea it wouldn't always be that way. Guys like Dick Anderson, Bill Stanfill, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, Jake Scott, they would show up and from the first press interview it stood out how sharp they were. Now I watch those guys get drafted elsewhere.

That seems like an entire lifetime ago, doesn't it. What I wouldn't give for the Dolphins to have a GM with half the skill of Joe Thomas.

Didn't Philbin pick him? Thought I saw that in an article.

You probably did see it reported in the local media. That's because every time Ireland has a major bust he's straight away leaking stories about how everybody but him was responsible. The local beat writers will print any old rubbish that their in-the-know insider feeds them. It's one of the ways Jeff has survived half a decade of mediocrity

Egnew sucks just like every other Missouri Tight End who tried to make it in the NFL. He'll be out of the league within a couple years. Bank on it. Another wasted pick.

What is so bizarre about Egnew's build? This is about the third reference to his body shape that infers that he's unsuited to playing football. He's 6'5" which makes him the right height for a TE. I guess that he hasn't got a lot of muscle and needs to build his upper body, but that can be done in the off-season.

Good. I hope he gets cut. There are more Egnew threads on this board than threads about any of our starters.

Every year this fanbase becomes obsessed with one lame-excuse for a player.

I saw everything I needed to see from that guy on hard knocks when he was practically crying during film study. He's not mentally tough enough for this game.

^ this!!!

This is absolutely embarrassing

You probably did see it reported in the local media. That's because every time Ireland has a major bust he's straight away leaking stories about how everybody but him was responsible. The local beat writers will print any old rubbish that their in-the-know insider feeds them. It's one of the ways Jeff has survived half a decade of mediocrity

Omar has been spewing that nonsense. Bottom line is Ireland has FINAL say on personnel and should be judged accordingly. How Steve Ross fails to see this and other personnel disasters just blows my mind

Seriously man!?? I got a new Egnew jersey for Christmas!

What is so bizarre about Egnew's build? This is about the third reference to his body shape that infers that he's unsuited to playing football. He's 6'5" which makes him the right height for a TE. I guess that he hasn't got a lot of muscle and needs to build his upper body, but that can be done in the off-season.

What is so bizarre about Egnew's build? Yeah he's 6'5" but he looks like he's 225 pounds. He has NO muscle whatsoever. He may as well be a Wide Receiver. The guy is weak and looks like a wuss. That's why he won't have a chance of making it unless he lives in the weight room and gets his head screwed on straight . He'd need a couple of off seasons of heavy duty weight room work to have any shot. EVERYBODY knows you NEVER draft Tight Ends from Missouri!!!!

This was weeks ago when we all still thought maybe Egnew would amount to something. Philbin had something to do with the Egnew pick whether you want to believe it or not. Just cut him so he can end up in New England and a pro bowler. Let us move on.

Who wants to bet a 20 that it wasn't Richie that said that. I dare ya :lol:

Back
Top Bottom