Egnew might get cut? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew might get cut?

Should have let Sherman cut him on Hardknocks ten at least we would have been entertained! That was our only chance at value from Egghead.

It's very concerning when a teammate calls another teammate a name like that. Between that, Sherman ripping him a new one in Hard Knocks, being inactive pretty much all season and us fans jumping down his throat, Egew's morale has to be pretty low. And if anyone thinks that any teammates are going to help him now you're sadly mistaken. The players are all on their various vacations. They could care less about football right now.

Ok, I get the players are on vacation. I just don't think these players realized he was a "*****" at week 17. I'd ventrue a guess it was more like TC or at latest Week 4. My point is, if this is the case, where was the leadership on this team? I went to bed last night thinking about this. If Egnew was in Baltimore, I'll bet Ray Lewis would have been all over him to get is a** into gear. And if Ray called him out, Ray would have owned up to it. I'd even go as far as to say Egnew would have become Ray's shadow at the facility every day.

Where is our leader keeping his house strong? Answer that question for me please, I'm dying to know.

yeah I gotta say, that calling someone out like this should absolutely be the last resort to try and get a player motivated. "IF" they have done everything else in their power then and only then do I even agree with this action. but you better have drug this guy to every meeting, extra practice, sprinted and ran and weight trained and gone to a bar with this guy to get him going and part of the team. if they are just letting the rookie study in the corner alone and aren't pushing him to improve then that says as much about thier leadership as it does about egnew's lack of it.

Well maybe we don't have any real "leaders" on the team. Either that or they don't give a crap. Maybe Fasano should've helped him along. Then again, Fasano is no leader either. Maybe we have too many players on the team who only care about themselves and their own fat paycheck?

I've never seen so much over reaction in my life. Every year NFL network airs a show on greatest busts. There are plenty of "blue chip" players taken in the top 5 that bust as well as every other round.
Everyone knows the draft is a bit of a gamble. Fact is, Egnew, has all the measurables (ht, speed) and the team had a need. They were wrong in their projection of him. End of story. Time to move on.

Exactly, this is why Armando is so bad for the Dolphins fan base, and for ticket sales too.

His mission in life is to pollute the water.

I'm sure most people here are familiar with Cameron Wake's story.

He was picked by the Giants, he was cut in training camp, was out of football and resurfaced in Canada. Now look at where he is. The only conclusion regarding Egnew that matters will come AFTER training camp. It is too early to throw in all your chips and abandon a player that has already been paid so much money.

OK, here are some other players that were laughed at in their rookie seasons. Chris Carter, Brett Farve, Kurt Warner.
Any of those names ring a bell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, this is why Armando is so bad for the Dolphins fan base, and for ticket sales too.

His mission in life is to pollute the water.

I'm sure most people here are familiar with Cameron Wake's story.

He was picked by the Giants, he was cut in training camp, was out of football and resurfaced in Canada. Now look at where he is. The only conclusion regarding Egnew that matters will come AFTER training camp. It is too early to throw in all your chips and abandon a player that has already been paid so much money.

OK, here are some other players that were laughed at in their rookie seasons. Chris Carter, Brett Farve, Kurt Warner.
Any of those names ring a bell?

Wake didn't make it to camp.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Well maybe we don't have any real "leaders" on the team. Either that or they don't give a crap. Maybe Fasano should've helped him along. Then again, Fasano is no leader either. Maybe we have too many players on the team who only care about themselves and their own fat paycheck?

Fasano's no leader? Bull****. How do you know? It's not like he can magically give Egnew motivation and talent.

you can't blame anyone for this kid not being a player...he's just not an nfl football player at a physical position like te...this was doomed from the jump...and all this he's so talented stuff was bunk to begin with

Interesting article on Egnew:

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2012/3/5/2844918/michael-egnew-nfl-draft-2012

Says he was projected for Round 2 after the 2010 season, then Gabbert left, he crapped the bed in 2011 which then left him to be projected as a fourth or fifth rounder (the eighth best TE coming out). Basically says what you all have been saying...no hips, can't block lineman, etc.

Did Ireland and his scouts fall asleep for a year? Geesh.

he was 10 lbs lighter and ha more going for him in 2010...he was bloated and lacked suddenness in 2011 and when he showed up at 251 lbs in training camp to carry more weight probably to help him in line i knew he was in trouble...

Philbin has been IFFY on some personnel moves, so it might be on him too. Ireland wanted to keep Gates, for instance -- in hindsight that would have been SMART, as most of the other WRs on the roster are simply possession WRs. Philbin cut Gates [instead of any of the other list of MEDIOCRE or TERRIBLE WRs like Lemmego Nanae] and Voila! the Phins were left without a legit deep threat and teams boxed in the Phins the last half of the year, and the redzone WR plays were non-existent -- all due to SLOW, MEDIOCRE talent at WR.

Gates got picked up immediately by the Jets, and flashed some serious potential and field-stretching presence. Not keeping Gates and not cutting Egnew, Nanae, etc. [sooner] are all on Philbin, not Ireland.

Philbin has choices with the roster NOW and so far some of those choices have been misguided to the max, where WR and TE are concerned.

LD

I would have like to see him play some. He made some nice catches in the preseason.

Philbin has been IFFY on some personnel moves, so it might be on him too. Ireland wanted to keep Gates, for instance -- in hindsight that would have been SMART, as most of the other WRs on the roster are simply possession WRs. Philbin cut Gates [instead of any of the other list of MEDIOCRE or TERRIBLE WRs like Lemmego Nanae] and Voila! the Phins were left without a legit deep threat and teams boxed in the Phins the last half of the year, and the redzone WR plays were non-existent -- all due to SLOW, MEDIOCRE talent at WR.

Gates got picked up immediately by the Jets, and flashed some serious potential and field-stretching presence. Not keeping Gates and not cutting Egnew, Nanae, etc. [sooner] are all on Philbin, not Ireland.

Philbin has choices with the roster NOW and so far some of those choices have been misguided to the max, where WR and TE are concerned.

LD

Gates didn't show much of anything this season and also displayed durability issues. If anything, his first season in New York further convinced me the Dolphins didn't lose anything when they cut him. That's not a black mark on Ireland or Philbin.

Back
Top Bottom