Egnew might get cut? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew might get cut?

That wasn't what was at issue. I was replying to someone criticizing Ireland for cutting Gates and letting him go to the Jets. Try and keep up.
He should've kept Gates. At least he can stretch the field. It was a mistake to cut him.

I wouldn't call that a great pick. Russell Wilson in the third round is a great pick. A mediocre defensive end in the third round is not a great pick.

PFF's 12th-best 3-4 end as a rookie and top 7 two additional years. He was a constant force against the run and a solid pass rusher from a position that typically doesn't produce in that department. That is not a mediocre pick. It's not flashy, but it was absolutely a good pick. If you think it was a bad pick, you don't know football.

He should've kept Gates. At least he can stretch the field. It was a mistake to cut him.

No.

PFF's 12th-best 3-4 end as a rookie and top 7 two additional years. He was a constant force against the run and a solid pass rusher from a position that typically doesn't produce in that department. That is not a mediocre pick. It's not flashy, but it was absolutely a good pick. If you think it was a bad pick, you don't know football.

No.
It's not a bad pick but it's not great. It's ok, third rounder for a mediocre player isn't bad. Yes.

It's not a bad pick but it's not great. It's ok, third rounder for a mediocre player isn't bad. Yes.

Mediocre?

1343380066398-1.jpg

Kendall Langford is the typical Ireland and Parcells player, a big lumbering lineman that didn't embarrass himself on the field but never really made any plays of note.

Kendall Langford is the typical Ireland and Parcells player, a big lumbering lineman that didn't embarrass himself on the field but never really made any plays of note.

3-4 linemen (outside of the JJ Watts of the world) really don't "make big plays of note." It doesn't mean they don't have uses. Without them, you're linebackers can't do their jobs. Ask Patrick Willis how important Justin Smith is. You do not understand football and I can't spend more time trying to teach you.

3-4 linemen (outside of the JJ Watts of the world) really don't "make big plays of note." It doesn't mean they don't have uses. Without them, you're linebackers can't do their jobs. Ask Patrick Willis how important Justin Smith is. You do not understand football and I can't spend more time trying to teach you.
I don't need you to teach me how to be a Dolfan zombie. If Ireland thought Langford was any good he'd still be a Dolphin. Langford is just a guy. Replaceable.

I don't need you to teach me how to be a Dolfan zombie. If Ireland thought Langford was any good he'd still be a Dolphin. Langford is just a guy. Replaceable.

one could make an argument that 85% of any given roster could potentially be replacable...

This might be one of the worse arguments I've seen on this site in a while.

You can't keep everyone! Last year we were up against the cap and Langford was let go because they couldn't afford to keep both he and Soliai. On the switch to the 4-3, they also felt Odrick could slide over to end and adequately replace the production. This idea that it had to do with some kind of subpar performance while he was here is assanine. Not even remotely close to the truth. Langford wasn't asked to rush the passer while he was here as a 3-4 end. He was asked to set the edge (one of the best in the NFL at it) and to be versatile playing positions along the D-line. That Rams D loves having him on their squad.

This might be one of the worse arguments I've seen on this site in a while.

You can't keep everyone! Last year we were up against the cap and Langford was let go because they couldn't afford to keep both he and Soliai. On the switch to the 4-3, they also felt Odrick could slide over to end and adequately replace the production. This idea that it had to do with some kind of subpar performance while he was here is assanine. Not even remotely close to the truth. Langford wasn't asked to rush the passer while he was here as a 3-4 end. He was asked to set the edge (one of the best in the NFL at it) and to be versatile playing positions along the D-line. That Rams D loves having him on their squad.

Your right and we would have and I believe planned on keeping Langford except that Paul Saoli signed for less than expected. During the Shula years you kept your draft picks on the team until they were cut or retired. That allowed you to really build a team through the draft and coach them up

The 2011 Dolphins WR core that included BM caught 2 more passes and gained 10 more yards than the 2012 Dolphins WR core without him.

2011 Brandon Marshall and 3 other WR's combined for 169 ctaches for 2319 yards (13.72 ave) with 10 TD's

2012 9 Dolphins WR combined for 167 ctaches for 2309 yards (13.82 ave) with 3 TD's

While the yards are fairly close the TD production was missed. But if RT17 hits a few of those bombes we are talking about some pretty close numbers.

Or maybe that has everything to do with a new HC, OC, and QB. I would have loved to have seen our offensive numbers with Tanny and Marshall.

Back
Top Bottom