Egnew update: Philbin seeing "progress" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew update: Philbin seeing "progress"

i dont hate egnew but there other players id have liked to draft in that round. seemed like a reach/need pick but i'm sure hell be fine. hardknocks really screwed the perception on him

Just don't like tight ends who are "body catchers" rather than hands catchers.

That to go along with Egnew's many flaws both mentally and physically. That's not to say he can't make it in time and make a complete 180 by working hard (like Bess and Bush do) and busting his arse lifting weights. but I'm not holding out hope for him. I just think it would take a major miracle to see Egnew perform for us next year as Charles Clay performed last year with that kind of ability

And Clay is not showing much this year after those very nice flashes last season. The NFL is a very tough game to master. You can't have your guard down and rest on your laurels (as we witnessed last year when the Dolphins went 0-7 to start the season coming in out of shape)

I guess I didn't notice that he was a "body catcher". Is that really the case? If so, I'm disappointed. One thing I really like about Lane is that he is a very natural "hands" catcher...extremely soft hands. Body catcher and below-average blocker? Definitely not a good combo.

Look, if Philbin says he making progress, thats good enough for me. The mans word is gospel right now.

Wish we had drafted someone else, who knows he may devlop but he is horrible right now

Just don't like tight ends who are "body catchers" rather than hands catchers.

That to go along with Egnew's many flaws both mentally and physically. That's not to say he can't make it in time and make a complete 180 by working hard (like Bess and Bush do) and busting his arse lifting weights. but I'm not holding out hope for him. I just think it would take a major miracle to see Egnew perform for us next year as Charles Clay performed last year with that kind of ability

And Clay is not showing much this year after those very nice flashes last season. The NFL is a very tough game to master. You can't have your guard down and rest on your laurels (as we witnessed last year when the Dolphins went 0-7 to start the season coming in out of shape)
I am hopeful as well, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Miami turned around and drafted a tight end pretty high in 2013. That was such a big part of the offense in GB and you have to figure Philibin wants a major upgrade to really make this offense go.

lol

Most people around here expect every draft pick to start right away or they're considered a bust.

Hell, for all we know this guy will never see the field. But FFS he's a third round draft pick. They don't always light the world on fire. Perspective, please.

Common sense will take you nowhere fast

I don't understand why they're trying to fit a round peg in a square hole: egnew' strenghts just don't show up when you libe hin up at the LOS !

I'd start making up a package or two with egnew lining up more like a slot receiver and work the seams with him... Get him involved, build up his confidence, and then start develloping his weaknesses ...

Mmy 2 cents... !

Back
Top Bottom