"Elite" Players on Fins and Currently in Division | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Elite" Players on Fins and Currently in Division

spiller doesn't run b/t the tackles enough to be an elite rb...got too much reggie bush in him...huge weapon and about time the bills figured out how to use him but top 5 rb in the league??? nah....

byrd is a ballhawk but you have to hide him in your defense with some stuff...reshad jones is a better all around safety than byrd...byrd also doesn't fit every defense...

If Reshad Jones plays like he did last year he can be considered elite at his position

Yea Jones needs another year of production

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

for the most part, IMO if a player isn't "elite" by a certain age, then they never will be. so take cromo off the list. And I dont' know if injuries should count against a player. So I say gronk is elite.

Cam Wake wouldnt agree.

Pouncey is a top 5 center. He's elite. He, Wake and Fields are elite.

Now, the players i THINK can be elite THIS YEAR are- R. Jones, M. Wallace, B. Grimes.

We have some young talent that we all hope will become elite. L. Miller, D. Ellerbe, D. Jordan, R. Tanneheill.

Besides Pouncey, we don't don't really have that "great" talent on the line.

If Mangold is elite then so is Pouncey. Matter of fact, Pouncey is more elite than Mangold.

Elite

Miami: Wake, Pouncey, Wallace (may catch flack for wallace but he is an elite receiver in this league, a difference maker even on balls not thrown to him)
New England: Brady, Wilfork, Gronkowski,
NY: Mangold, Cromartie (hate on cromartie but he proved last year when revis went down that he should be considered elite)
Buffalo: Spiller/Jackson, Williams

I may be forgetting a couple linemen but thats my take. I could even include soliai or starks as elite run stoppers.

What about the 27th ranked but top 10 best on the Jets? :lol:

As the OP, I stand by leaving Gronk off the "elite" list. No question he's got elite level talent but he's only started 16 games in '11, his most productive year by far of his 3. Doesn't matter how top-scale his skills are if he's started only 11 games 2 of the 3 years with production that reflects that stat... he's gotta perform consistently like in '11 to overlook his susceptibility to injury to qualify IMO.

As to Fields, I think he's being overlooked by some because they don't consider a punter as eligible for elite status. However, no one 's been more valuable for the team over the last 3 years nor appreciably more impressive among his league peers, so I also stand by designating him as a bonefide "elite" player thank you.
:up:

Buffalo have some very good young o-linemen who may make a push for greatness this season or next. They lost LG Levitre, but their young group was ranked 8th I think by PFF. No mean feat and they'll prob improve further under Marrone, who is a former o-lineman. Watch that space, imo.

I guess I have a different opinion of the term "Elite" . I think Elite means hall of fame one day, best at your position. : Brady.

Conceptually you're not wrong, but considering that "elitism" can be, and often is a transitive quality that does not endure, if you're using HOF credentials, it rightfully eliminates any player with exemplary performance of less than 6-8 years. So instead, perhaps include those who may presently qualify by playing at that high level for at least 3 years, who, if consistent another 3-5, would then qualify them for HOF consideration. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom