Elvis Dumervil on joining Nolan in Miami "its a possibility" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elvis Dumervil on joining Nolan in Miami "its a possibility"

Sheffler over Watson.
We wont go into the next season without a veteran WR and a veteran FS. MARK MY WORDS.

I could see something like...

Draft

1.) Brandon Graham OLB
2.) Demaryius Thomas WR
3.) Cam Thomas NT
4.) EJ Edds ILB

FA

Karlos Dansby ILB (I think we finally get a prized FA this year)
Ben Watson TE

Phins Re-Signed

Jason Ferguson NT
Jason Taylor OLB
Davone Bess WR
Anthony Fasano TE

Phins Cut/Traded

Joey Porter (6th rounder)
Ted Ginn, Jr. (2011 undisclosed)
Gibril Wilson (cut)

Having Ben Watson and Anthony Fasano would give us a buffer if our young WRs (Demaryius, Hartline, Bess) struggled. Basically, Ben Watson could be a "weapon1" if Demaryius doesn't deliver as a WR1.
i like your draft and offseason moves...only thing i'd add is to try and get Brandon Spikes in there somehow...oh yeah,and get a stud FS also...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumerville was HORRENDOUS against the run, dont need JOEY 2.0 if not worse.

Put wake there and JT, draft a SOLB.
if i remember correctly..that Wake&JT rotation in the first game against Buffalo was doing wonders for our pass rush...why they didn't stay with that i do not know...

Ben Watson???????? New England is getting rid of him due to his diminishing abilities? I'd stay with what we have at TE or a late draft pick.

But Dumervil is the exception when it comes to size. Remember, he played last year at his size in Nolan's 3-4 defense as an OLB and he racked up ridiculous sack numbers.

Dumervil plays a lot bigger than he measures.

Tuna would probably love getting a pass rushing demon like Dumervil.
he probably would,but he also loves his 'backers to have some size on them,and 5'11''..248 is a bit too small...but who knows,maybe Tuna decides to relax on that some and finds a way to bring Dumervil home so he can play for Nolan again,though i doubt it...

Why spend a 1st or a 2nd on him when you can use that 2nd to get a guy like Marshall a bigger need since wake is there for the WOLB spot already or use that 1st on someone better fitted for this team and isn't a 1 year wonder that is horrible against the run.

thanks but trust me, Dumer is NOT coming here.

Why spend a 1st or a 2nd on him when you can use that 2nd to get a guy like Marshall a bigger need since wake is there for the WOLB spot already or use that 1st on someone better fitted for this team and isn't a 1 year wonder that is horrible against the run.

thanks but trust me, Dumer is NOT coming here.
i have to agree with you on that...

Something like....

Our 2nd, Ginn and Porter to DEN for: OLB Elvis Dumervil

Pick 1.12 used to draft: NT Dan Williams

A conditional 2011 3rd/2nd for: WR Anquan Boldin

Our 2010 3rd round pick for: FS Nate Allen

Our 2010 4th round pick for: ILB Sean Lee

Our big FA $ for: ILB Karlos Dansby and TE Ben Watson

Now that mock offseason would be pretty sweet!:woot:
I like this scenario

I just don't see the point to this we have a young kid that can rush the passer very well as he has shown. this just wouldn't make sense to me. I really feel that wake will be better than dumerville was in nolan system!!

In my opinion I see Dumervil staying in Denver. I think theyre gonna lose Brandon Marshall and theyre gonna draft Dez Bryant. I think theyll try and keep their sack leader LB too.

I think were gonna go after ILBs and maybe resign JT to another short contract and have him on one side and maybe Wake on the other? Then again this is just me saying what "i think" will happen. I havent watched much of Dumervil other than a few times here and there throughout the season. Ive read people say hes not really that great against the run either. I mean if thats the case Wake is bigger i believe and is a good pass rusher as well. Hopefully now with a full year of being in the nfl he breaks out. Hopefully Nolan can really bring Wakes game to the next level and make him a real LB. Im just hoping.

yea i think the Boldin trade could happen. With Parcells you never know tho. He loves draft picks more than Joey Porter loves himself.

yea i think the Boldin trade could happen. With Parcells you never know tho. He loves draft picks more than Joey Porter loves himself.

We all love draft picks, I'm all for hoarding in as many as possible. However, the price on Boldin is as low as it's ever been. It makes more sense now to trade for him than it did when everybody was clamoring for him for the past two years. When the price is right, that's when you make trades. Miami has been ripped off too many times in the past, and lately we've been seeing the better end of deals. I would like for that to continue.

dont get me wrong, i love the draft myself...i was just saying i doubt Parcells will give away the 3rd round pick for Boldin.

dont get me wrong, i love the draft myself...i was just saying i doubt Parcells will give away the 3rd round pick for Boldin.

And why do you think Parcells wont do it? I will take Boldin at age 30 over everything thats out there in the 3rd round, just take a look at what we got with our 3rd round pick last year (Patrick Turner). Parcells and Co. need to make some drastic moves in order to KEEP THEIR OWN JOBS!

Back
Top Bottom