Emphasis on the vertical passing game. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Emphasis on the vertical passing game.

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8590702.htm?1c

It's also easy to see that new quarterback A.J. Feeley has a better command of the longer throws than incumbent starter Jay Fiedler. Over the four days of practice, the Dolphins have had between the weekend minicamp and the first day of their first of five quarterback schools, Feeley has consistently thrown downfield with better authority.

It's always funny how they never mention Jay Fiedlier without saying incumbent :lol:

clear.gif

Fiedler stands like a sissy.

The vertical passing game isn't a strength for Feeley, or Fiedler.

I'll reserve judgement on Feeley's vertical game until he gets some game time experience in our offense with our receivers. We have vertical receivers. Philly didn't. Nor does Philly have a vertical playbook. We have a lot of it in ours. Plus, from what I hear, when Feeley did throw it deep in Philly, he had it dropped a lot by their substandard receivers.

bigmiamifan said:
Fielder has taken his share of pummeling behind our OL last year, he's harder a sissy.

I'm only kidding. It's just a funny picture.

"No, it's funny. It's bigger than a normal hat. That's funny."

I wonder if this new offense mentioned in the article is a lot like the Billick offense. After all, Billick's offense is said to be a blend of the WCO and the vertical O.

Miami's defense regressed in two seasons under Turner.

Yep. I hope they enjoy him in Oakland because I sure as hell enjoy him being gone.

Jimmy James said:
I hope they enjoy him in Oakland because I sure as hell enjoy him being gone.

Whether he was limited in his play calling based upon what he had to work with or not, he was damned sure predictable as hell.

I'm sure he will continue to be predictable in Oakland. He was also frighteningly predictable in his Washington days. It was amusing how my friends would call the plays that were coming when I would visit them to watch their Redskins play. Even when he mixed it up early, he would inevitably go into what they called "brain lock" when it really counted late in the game.

Thats great news on Feeley improving our deep passing game. Hopfully he can continue to improve and win the job.

Back
Top Bottom