Emphasis on the vertical passing game. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Emphasis on the vertical passing game.

Ya if fiedler takes it i dont think i will havea problem... yes i have sed i dont want him numerous times b4 but its like now that we have good receivers around him and RW will not be stuck at the line i wont mind...

as far as I'm concerned, we are deep-ball challenged until Feeley can prove otherwise in game situations.

I think Feeley will be OK. The brain can only process so much information at a given time and he is "task saturated". I am sure that he is not only thinking of the calls, where everyone will end up, but also the mechanics that his new coach wants. I wold imagine that it will be just prior to the pre-season that he starts to get automatic with a lot of the stuff and begins to throw better

Is this May or July ?? We have, what is it, 5 more mini camps before the real stuff starts. When they put the pads on and the OL and DL are going at it, then we will see which of these QBs are better. Still, it's good to hear our O talking about being better.

Feeley completed 20 passes of more than 20 yards in the 5 games he played in Philadelphia. That's 4 a game, and these were to James Trash and Todd Pinkston.

Last season, Miami completely 22 passes of more than 20 yards during the entire season. That's a little more than one pass player of 20+ yards or more a game.

The deep ball is one of Feeley's strengths. That's why Rick went out and traded for him.

Thundercracker said:
That is what has plagued Fiedler over his career. :lol:

Isnt Fiedler and Ivy Leaguer. I don't think any dumbass can get into those kinda school. I don't mind seeing him being called and ineffective q, cause that may be true,but dumb is one thing he is not.

saves said:
Isnt Fiedler and Ivy Leaguer. I don't think any dumbass can get into those kinda school. I don't mind seeing him being called and ineffective q, cause that may be true,but dumb is one thing he is not.

Oh I'm sure he is smart off the field. But on the field he's a big dumbass.

ckparrothead said:
I'll reserve judgement on Feeley's vertical game until he gets some game time experience in our offense with our receivers. We have vertical receivers. Philly didn't. Nor does Philly have a vertical playbook. We have a lot of it in ours. Plus, from what I hear, when Feeley did throw it deep in Philly, he had it dropped a lot by their substandard receivers.

ck,
Feeley excelled in the WCO in Philly. The vertical passing game isn't prominent in their playbook, however, it isn't non existent either. His strength was short fast passes, and quick decision making. Its all about YAC, there.

Do I think he can have some success going vertical, sure, and he has. But not on a regular basis, he doesn't have that canon so prominent in vertical passing QB's.

There was no problem with dropped passes, Feeley throws very catchable balls, he made Pinkston look like a pro bowler.

I hear the talk, and see some reports Miami will be a vertical passing team, I don't believe it.

No man should ever stand up like that regardless. This is a man's game not a game of a person who looks like he's standing next to a stool in a gay bar.

I find it utterly appalling that so much time has been spent on the analysis of Jay Fiedler's posture.

I find it utterly appalling that so much time has been spent on the analysis of Jay Fiedler's posture.

Well, it's a helluva lot more flattering than anything that could be said about his passing. :lol:

Trestman, offensive coordinator at Oakland last season, has brought some of his West Coast tendencies to the Sunshine State. The Dolphins want a "quicker rhythm" and a combination of quick, short passes and deep balls.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphi...ns/wednesday/sports_04890454855430e700ba.html

In other words, be prepared to see more of the same dink n dunk crap and RW facing a stacked line.

Is this DW's way of slowly breaking the news to South Fl that his boy will be stinking up Joe Robbie stadium for yet another season?

Feeley either lights it up or this season will be worse than last.

The Dolphins have spent time during the first two minicamps working on short passing routes, with quick drops by the quarterbacks and throws to running backs and tight ends, all trademarks of the West Coast offense. The idea is that the Dolphins can use a short, high-percentage passing game to become less predictable, particularly on first down.

That doesn't sound vertical to me. Sounds like more of the same, DB's sitting on the short to intermediate stuff, while RW continues to face a stacked line.

I pray this is BS and they will actually work on going downfield. With a QB NOT named Jay Fiedler.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay06,0,5005366.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

infiltrateib said:
clear.gif

Fiedler stands like a sissy.

lol

Back
Top Bottom