enough is enough take MATT RYAN!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

enough is enough take MATT RYAN!!

And Beck will be the clip board holder a.k.a 3rd string.
ha ha ha ha and you say that because those few games beck played can justify what you just said? RIDICULOUS! You dont judge a QB after his rookie year let alone a few games especially with the talent around him...Lets get Beck more time by improving the line and give him a couple playmakers and then we can start judging him...Thank God the Big Tuna is here....Look, I dont know what Ryan will turn out to be but the bottom line is when you have a team like ours you dont draft for need....you take the best player available and it certantly isnt Ryan...either Jake or Chris would be the smart pick

You mean Chris Collins the first team all SEC WR in 03? Or the Steve Savoy and Paris Warren the all Moutain west first team WR's in 03-04? Ryan did not have one skill position offensive player on the All ACC team except for his TE. Personally, that does lead me to believe Ryan lacked any type of talent around him at the skill positions.

I'm won't say I don't have some concerns over his mistakes, but the mistakes can be somewhat explained by a guy that had to do everything to win with little talent around him and every defense knowing he had to throw the ball for them to win. Tough to have a lot of accuracy when you don't have WR's that gain any separation and balls are constantly being squeezed into tight spaces. Again, the turnvovers concern me too, but just playing a little devils advocate to add some perspective.

Matt Ryans TE, Ryan Purvis was named ACC first team, his RB and LT second team, and one of his WR got an honorable mention. I went back and looked at some highlights, admittedly not a very good way of scouting, of some of the games. The TDs were for the most part to wide open WRs most of the INTs were poor throws or poor decisions. He showed good mobility and pocket awareness. I freely admit that I used a very small sample of his play, so if you could give me a game that made you say wow, let me know so I can try to find tape of it. From what I've seen, I don't get the hype. Do you think he goes in the first round in last years draft? I don't, I think he is in the pack with Beck and the others.

After viewing a lot more highlights good and bad. Ryan is better than I thought, but still not worth the #1 overall IMO. Also, his WR weren't bad, not great either, but his O'line just sucked ***. To many of his INTs were poor decisions.

Back
Top Bottom