Eric Ebron Released - sign him now! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Ebron Released - sign him now!

Draft Herndon from the U in the 3rd round , very consistent, he is a complete TE.Safe bet

He's 24 years old, and he has improved. I thought he was a poor pick in the top 10, but he won't hit his prime for another couple years, and he played well in 2017. TE's take a while to develop. Evidence? We have people in this thread calling him a disappointment when only 4 TE's in NFL History had more receptions at his age.

Whoever signs Ebron will get his best years. Detroit made a huge mistake letting him walk.

I didn't watch a lot of Lions game, but a couple of Ebron stats that concern me for a guy with his physical abilities on a team that throws a ton:
- Never had a 100-yard game.
- In 2017, he only had more than 5 catches once....and he only broke 50 yards in a game 3 times. Comparatively, Evan Engram had 6 in his rookie campaign and Julius Thomas had 3.
- Also in 2017, he only had 3 catches in the redzone all year.

I'd be curious what he's asking for because tight ends are few and far between. My guess is it's rather high based on the money being floated out there for other less proven guys, which is why i would stay away. He absolutely may blossom, but i'd rather use that money to fill other gaps in free agency and draft a tight end.

I have a friend who is a big Lions fan and he feels the same way about Ebron as we do about Julius Thomas. Hard pass on this one.

Why? He is terrible. He's so bad that Detroit went away from him and used him in the red zone only last year. No thank you.

Ran a 4.6 at combine and would definitely be a playmaker in Gas’s offense. Don’t think he was utilized very well in DET. If the $ is right Id definitely pick him up. We also need to draft one.
He was utilized in every possible aspect. He drops way to many balls in the middle of the field. He loses out to midgets covering him and he can't keep both feet in bounds on sideline catches or break a tackle from you guessed it, a midget in comparison, NO THANKS.

I would be interested for a very good price as we are now getting low on $....maybe drafting a TE and LB will be priorities in the draft...keep Fasano another year, draft Mike Gisecki from PSU in 2nd round and call it a day

Gase desperately needs a quality receiving TE in his offense. Ebron can play that role. I am not convinced Ebron fits into the Gaseway culture though.

I want Ebron and a kicker. After that it’s draft time. I would be pretty damn stoked if they could pull that off.

Visiting with Carolina tomorrow. Oh well. Need a starter in the draft and unfortunately that’s a month away.

I am not sold on Ebron like some of you. Draft OUR TE.

Back
Top Bottom