Ernesto & Thursday night ??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ernesto & Thursday night ???

storm

first off-the game is the last thing on anybodies mind during one of these. questions??-can the rams land in miami? will the fans need to take care of their houses and jobs first? what about the players-i am assuming most live on or near the water.will they have emergency people to take care of the crowd or will the police be at the lights and roads if power goes out. will the people who work at the stadium be able to get there. if the storm does damage will the stadium be used as a gathering point for out of town power people to help florida power people out. will there be a mandatory evac. for some areas. will the stadium be a priority to get power back on.this is a small storm in comparison to most but winds will still be 80+ and once over land it is not expected to weaken. The stadium will be fine-it is strong and sturdy. the game is irrelavant for the next couple of days. last year they moved a sunday game to a friday night to get it played but it was regular season.if they move it to far ahead the fins will not have time to prepare for the thursday night season opener against the steelers. where saban draws the line between practice and a preseason game -only he knows:dolphins: .

FFiB said:
Ernesto will be gone by then.

If you followed the past unless the winds are exceeding TS nothing will be moved.

We played in the aftermath of Frances with a curfew, against Pittsburgh with the outer bands of Jeanne splashing us (2004) and in 2005 it was Katrina vs Tampa.
I remeber a game against the Panthers as well.

One game was moved. Vs Chicago, don't know what year. They put us on Monday night.

Unless the Hurricane sits on top of us we will be playing.

unless infrastructure is destroyed... and IF it spins up it might...what we discovered here in Martin County is that the direction of the wind is important. A lot of the damage came from the wind not having culled things in a particular direction and it finds NEW weaknesses... I would think that Wilma tightened things up down south and those up here, well, we've seen three eyes in two years and it looks like I will see another one.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I wouldn't mind it being moved to St. Louis since it's only preseason.

But they probably would move it up a day or something.

Not up a day, we are suppose to be getting a high category tropical storm or category 1 hurricane by Wednesday before dawn...maybe Saturday or Friday...

I hope its just on Thursday as planned or canceled. The Pitt. game is a week from Thursday and we can't afford to lose preparation time for that game. Pitt plays Carolina this Thursday and if we played on Fri. or Sat. then the Steelers would have the advantage in prep time. My vote is if the storm prevents the game from being played on Thursday just cancel the damn thing! Although the NFL will force the issue and make the teams play no matter what. :dolphins:

finfan297 said:
that is what people in New Orleans said a year ago.

Wow, really? People in New Orleans thought a cat 5 hurricane headed directly toward a city below sea level was "weak"? Really?

phinphan11 said:
When did they say that? When it was building into a cat 5?

Yeah, I never knew anyone in N.O that took Katrina litely

Why does mother nature always ruin my trips to Dolphin stadium?

I managed to get free tickets on the 50 yard line to watch the final game of the pre-season, but now, this damn hurricane or tropical storm, w/e you wanna call it, has come to mess it all up!:fire:

I know the starters won't play much, but I would like to see for myself Jason Allen @ work. I believe with time he should become a valuable player to this defense.

Hopefully this bad weather is not that serious and I make it to the game so I can put up some info on what I saw.:D

Beachbum said:
Yeah, I never knew anyone in N.O that took Katrina litely

There were some morons.

Drinking beer and daquiris on Bourbon on the morning of August 29th.

But hey, that's why New Orleans is New Orleans.

The solutions if the game can't be played Thursday:

1.Cancel the game,it is only preseason,won't happen due to $.

2. Push the game back a few days. Doable,but the league must then push the Steeler game back to the normal Sunday start.TV will go bonkers but it is fairest from a competative standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom