ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released

phinfann13

Active Roster
Reaction score
Do you think Miami could make a play for Amari Cooper? He is only 27 and from Miami but seems to be on a slight decline in his career. He could be a nice #2 for a year or so while drafting a WR early. Waddle, Cooper, Metchie (for ex.), Parker, Bowden, Hollins could be a solid receiving corps.

Is he better than Devante Parker right now?
The injury bug has hurt Cooper pretty bad, too, lately.

I don't usually get too hot and bothered about FA WRs but Cooper is interesting. The guy gets fantastic separation which is so huge to a McD offense. Cooper + Waddle will get a look of open lanes for Tua to throw to.

If he's released I am sure there will be a lot of teams interested, but if I'm Miami I'd go after him hard. He's a really good possession receiver and durable. That allows you to trade Parker.
I'd keep Parker for his big play ability but keep him on a snap count to stay healthy. Cooper, Waddle, and Parker would be something

Is he better than Devante Parker right now?
The injury bug has hurt Cooper pretty bad, too, lately.
I would say yes, even if you disregard DVPs injury issues.

When DVP is in the zone, he's pretty hard to cover...at least on 50/50 balls, he can high point the ball with some of the best. Other than that, he's sucessful at quick slants if he can box out the corner with his size. His RAC ability isn't really impressive, which could be due to the fact he doesn't usually get that much separation. And he doesn't always seem focused, but his consistency, even when on the field, is not enough barring a season or so.

In regards to Cooper, I don't know too much about him because I'm not gonna watch the f***ing Cowboys. But from what I've seen, Cooper is more consistent, an excellent route runner, and gets a lot of separation...which gives his RAC ability a boost. He has big play ability due to this.

In McDs system, imo Cooper is a better fit. Focus on separation and YAC.

Back
Top Bottom